• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Builder Transparency (Questions) & Map Database 2.0

Discussion in 'Build Team Updates' started by Dutty, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Dutty

Dutty

For those of you who are unaware, back when we were on Enjin, I had a thread dedicated to every live map on the server. Once we moved over to these forums, I had to transfer all that information into a new format. I very recently completed the Map Database on these forums. It took me a while because I decided to use completely new screenshots and formatting to make the database more appealing; not to mention the image limit on these forums, but that helps when we come to add more maps to the server anyway.

Since I've finally brought the database and the statistics spreadsheet completely up to date, I wanted to make a quick little announcement formally plugging it.

Map Database
    Map Statistics Spreadsheet

So with that, I wanted to take this moment to ask a few things.

I know that transparency has been seen as an issue to the community for a long, long time with regards to all back end things. And whilst I cannot tell you anything regarding bugs, new gamemodes and things like that, I want to do my best to be as transparent as possible with information you guys would like to know more about on the forums, regarding building. If anything comes to mind, please leave a comment on this thread.

What I mean by this is things such as the Map Database and statistics revolving around maps. There may not be many things that you would like to see, or many more things I can particularly offer in the ways of information regarding maps, however if anything springs to mind, please do let me know!

And enjoy the databases! They will be frequently updated with every map update pushed.

[​IMG]

Posted Apr 5, 2019
  2. No Sleep

No Sleep

Why would you want to limit transparency?

Posted Apr 5, 2019
    xOeuf likes this.
  3. _Petty

_Petty

Thine king of builders or lead of builders has spoken
    [​IMG]

Posted Apr 5, 2019
  4. Dutty

Dutty

I meant limit the issues with transparency lol

Q u e e n ;o

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 5, 2019
  5. _Petty

_Petty

.-. Queen...my bad .-.

Posted Apr 5, 2019
  6. ClassN

ClassN

I think I have a rather important question.

When are we getting those OP DMT maps? :(

Posted Apr 5, 2019
  7. Cyy

Cyy

I mean as a build team we are pretty open about map data and what not of course I don't mean leaking of maps within the build server etc. But just in general, having transparency with the community is a thing I'd love to see as well and something I want to work towards as I have recently joined the build team. Working with the community is something that is really important within a business and we really need to have good connections communication with the community; however, this is something we have to limit as there are only a certain number of things we are allowed to show you in regards with building / maps.

~ Cyy

Posted Apr 5, 2019
  8. Minecraft

Minecraft

adding a section with removed maps would be awesome and nostalgic

Posted Apr 6, 2019
  9. Dutty

Dutty

My only fear with that is people may constantly request adding them back. There's also so many that have been removed and no definite way of me finding them all, or gathering information about all of them. I also don't see how it offers any purpose to people other than to just look at and think "aw remember when those were around" lol. I mean it's an interesting idea, but I'm not too sure.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 6, 2019
    Minecraft likes this.
  10. happilycam

happilycam

Great work Dutty on successfully updating the map databases and other builder resources. I remember when you made your original thread seeing how people would enjoy the database to be laid out. I believe I voted for something else, but it definitely turned out well. I like how organized it is and easily navigable. I’m glad you figured out a way that worked for you, and one that included everything that was necessary to make the database useful.

Regarding the teams transparency, I’m glad that is something you’ve decided to tackle. Personally, I can agree with you that it is an issue we’ve had difficulty with over the years. The fact that you’ve acknowledged this and are striving to improve it between the community and the build team is applauded. I’m glad to see us have such a hard working and dedicated lead for our wonderful team of builders. Keep up the great work, and I’m looking forward to more coming from the team in the future.

Posted Apr 6, 2019
    Dutty likes this.
  11. No Sleep

No Sleep

Nice

Posted Apr 6, 2019,
    Last edited Apr 7, 2019
  12. Dutty

Dutty

Edited

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 7, 2019