• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Bug in mineplex or ban?

Discussion in 'Help' started by PARAGONF104B, Jan 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've searched everything I can about this but nothing has helped me. All the other servers I have no problem entering, but when I enter mineplex all I get is a black screen and then "disconnected" this has been going on for almost a week now.
    I've tried to 'report bug' but they've made it impossible for me because I have to link my character by going to mineplex and typing in a command- which I cant do. So what is this? Has anyone had this problem? I haven't had any notice that states I've been banned, so I hope that isnt the case because mineplex is the only server I enjoy playing.

Posted Jan 29, 2019
  2. Overdog

Overdog

Hey!

This seems to be on your side. Let me ask you a few questions so I can help you further.

1. Does this only happen on Mineplex?

2. Are you using a VPN?

3. Is your connection normally laggy?

You can't be banned, so just answer that and I'll try to help you.

All due respect,
    Overdog

Posted Jan 29, 2019
  3. Abood

Abood

You might be missing something here, I ask that you restart your Minecraft and upon connecting to the server take a screenshot of the disconnected message. This will allow us to view the exact message in case you leave important details out as I don't think it just says "disconnected", there may be a java error?
    Upon sending the screenshot, either myself or another staff member that beats me to it will get back to you regarding the connection issue. Though I ask you to make sure the most simple of things are checked off your list such as having wifi/internet enabled whilst connecting!

Posted Jan 29, 2019
  4. Waspter

Waspter

Hey there! I'm sorry that this is an inconvenience! This is probably due to you using 1.13.2, so if you're using that version, please use 1.8.9 or 1.12.2 since they are more compatible! 1.13.2 is currently pretty unstable, so I wouldn't recommend using it.

I hope I helped you out! If you need any more assistance regarding this issue, feel free to message me and I'll gladly help you!

Posted Jan 30, 2019
  5. Pancake_7 // ppancake

Pancake_7 // ppancake

1.13 doesn't cause issues like this - it kicks you, but doesn't prevent you from logging on in the first place.

Perhaps try restarting your launcher, etc. Can you send an image of the screen once disconnected? We could probably help more with that provided. What you're experiencing has happened to me before, but I don't have a solution besides waiting it out. Hopefully we find a more efficient solution? And, of course, it could be something else.

Posted Jan 30, 2019
  6. Waspter

Waspter

It could be the cause. When I used 1.13.2, it has caused me a lot of issues including disconnecting me from the game multiple times. This wouldn't be surprising if it was because of 1.13.2. Of course, there's a chance that it isn't because of 1.13.2. If it isn't, I hope these people here can assist you :)

Posted Jan 30, 2019
  7. Pancake_7 // ppancake

Pancake_7 // ppancake

I think this guy's issue is that they can't log on, not disconnecting.

Posted Jan 30, 2019
  8. Idk what VPN is? But I play on mobile. I've never had wifi issues, and I dont have any lag problems unless someone has used a hacked item near me.
    --- Post updated ---
    This is going to be really hard for me, I have that "link your character" pop up over the post options and I cant get rid of it. But I did take a screen shot of the disconnected page which really just shows a brown screen with "disconnected" in the center then an ok button. If I press the ok button it just takes me back to the home page. I've tried un installing and reinstalling but nothing changes.

Also not sure how to post the pictures? It asks for a link so I need to upload the pictures somewhere else???
    --- Post updated ---
    This is going to be really hard for me, I have that "link your character" pop up over the post options and I cant get rid of it. But I did take a screen shot of the disconnected page which really just shows a brown screen with "disconnected" in the center then an ok button. If I press the ok button it just takes me back to the home page. I've tried un installing and reinstalling but nothing changes.

Also not sure how to post the pictures? It asks for a link so I need to upload the pictures somewhere else???
    --- Post updated ---
    [​IMG]
    Disconnected,
    [​IMG]
    And back to home screen.
    --- Post updated ---
    Sorry!! I just realized the photos were private, so I'll try again,
    Disconnected,
    [​IMG]
    Home screen after disconnect,
    [​IMG]

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 4, 2019
  9. I would say this could possibly be a case of bad lag or any other answer above. Really depends if this is java or bedrock.

Posted Feb 14, 2019 at 1:22 AM
  10. PandaFyre

PandaFyre

Hi there.

If this is occurring on our mineplex java server then there is definitely an issue that is going on with your connection to the server. If you were banned on Mineplex Java edition then you would have a message saying what your punishment was and how long it is. Another factor as mentioned above, could be the version of minecraft you are using. Newer versions can cause a couple issues so I would recommend using a version between 1.9.4 and 1.10.2

If you are playing on our bedrock server, it can be buggy and certain connections will not work, but it will give you a "Failed to connect to server" notice if you well, failed to connect to the server. If you are banned you will get a black screen with the disconnected message. In the situation you are banned you can always appeal it at mineplex.com/appeals and one of our forum ninjas will be able to assist you.

Feel free to ask me or any other staff member if you have any other concerns. As the issue has been addressed ill be closing the thread to further discussion

Posted Feb 14, 2019 at 10:53 AM
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.