• 717 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3890 Players Online
  • 3173 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Broadcast Command

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Vanquishings, Nov 25, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello!

I think that Mineplex should implement a command like /broadcast or /shout command that can message every single friend thats online. I think this is helpful because you can look for parties and recruit for parties easily.

For example, you could say: /broadcast Parties?
    or: /broadcast +1 CWT

I feel like this would make finding and making parties way easier instead of privately messaging or lobby hopping for parties, which both take lots of time.

Posted Nov 25, 2020
  2. While this is a cool idea, I must disagree -

This feature could absolutely be exploited/abused by players spamming/trolling their friends. While I understand the desire to create large parties quickly by contacting everyone, the ability to send a mass mention message to multiple players at a single time sounds like it will do more harm than good. Already, you are able to message friends in-game, one at a time.

If you are really wanting to do this, a good alternative would be to make a Discord server for you and your friends, so you can ping everyone before you play. Discord is a great way to communicate with friends in an efficient and fast way.

I hope this helps!

Posted Nov 25, 2020
    Paladise, girlkatie and anna ♪ like this.
  3. If you are willing to spare two minutes of your time, replacing the recipient in 10 identical messages should work about the same. In addition to that, many people on friend lists are casual acquaintances who may not be interested in playing games together.

What I would recommend is gathering a group of those you think are willing to play and create a community, which you are able to do as an Eternal ranked player. It's a much more sophisticated way of doing what was proposed here. Those who don't have the privilege to start their own communities again have alternate methods, such as asking an Eternal+ friend to create one and make them co-leader.

There are good intentions behind the idea and that is worth commending, however, investing developer time in a feature very similar to an already existing one will most likely be turned down.

Posted Nov 25, 2020
    Dallarth, shipsahoy, Paladise and 2 others like this.
  4. This is pretty much what communities were made for.

As an Eternal, as Thenorn stated, you can create one with /com and invite your friends - or you can join an existing Cake Wars community and find people to play with there.

The broadcast command would get abused. Even if there was an option to disable it in preferences, that even makes it worse to add. Any staff members that add players because they're being friendly, all the people anybody adds really that they don't play with that much. I have pages upon pages of friends, but I don't remove any because it's just not what I do. I tend to play alone and probably wouldn't participate in any broadcast messages my friends would put out. Once again, if I wanted something, I'd be in a community for it^^

Posted Nov 25, 2020
    mat!, MC_Minium and Paladise like this.
  5. I'll be disagreeing with this idea, I feel like it'll most definitely be misused and there are already options for this available that serve a similar purpose, like communities as mentioned by others above me. You can invite lots of friends to your community and then send a message in there if you're looking for someone to play with. Implementing a command like /broadcast that would send a message to every online player just doesn't seem like a good idea, because it means bots could come on and use it to broadcast messages to every player on the server. This would become annoying, and even if this was not the case and it was just players asking for others to play games with, it'd get annoying to constantly see "Broadcast > AyyNick: 1 more for CW" in chat. Communities work fine as they are, implementing this would probably be asking for people to break rules and gain more attention when they do something silly or inappropriate. A good example of how the community can't be trusted with something like this is the StaffRequest community; players often misuse the community to make jokes, break rules, and chat instead of using it for the purpose it's intended for, which is reporting cheaters and asking for Staff assistance. That's why I'm certain this feature would be abused, even more severely since we can't moderate it well. Thanks for the suggestion, but I'll be leaving my comment on a -1.

Posted Nov 25, 2020
  6. You've read my post wrong, not every person online, just people on your friends list.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 26, 2020
  7. I see, well my opinion still stands at a -1 though, it could easily be abused and misused, plus communities serve the same purpose already plus with additional features like MCSs.

Posted Nov 26, 2020
  8. Hey!

Unfortunately, this idea will be marked as Not Planned. An idea very similar to this has been denied and I will quote what the denial reason is (you can see the idea here).

"The main reason it was denied is due to it being possible to be easily abused. I know you did attempt a solution to that with having the option to disable it in your preferences, but for those that aren't knowledgeable in how to turn off something like that and others, this would be an easy way to spam them. I also don't see many times where this would be used besides advertising something, and it's likely that not many at all would actually want to receive that message so it would be better to just message a select few friends individually."

Thanks for the idea though! Have a nice rest of your day/night :D

Posted Dec 6, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.