• 416 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6791 Players Online
  • 6375 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Bringing Back Old Maps?

Discussion in 'Death Tag' started by saltytqco, Jun 13, 2019.

Tags:
?

Which map would you want brought back to Death Tag?

1. Shiro

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Enchanted Library

10 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Mayan Ruins

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. Hey!
    As you all know, Death Tag is slowly increasing with its new maps being added. As the game is making a slow comeback, I wanted to know, are any of the old maps coming back? I remember back in February, when we asked Intoxicating about this issue. He told us players that he would try to get the once used map “Enchanted Library” back. I haven’t heard from him after that, so I’m wondering if that map will also come back. Also, I was wondering if the map “Shiro” would come back, as it was used in 2016 - 2017. However, builders told the Death Tag players that it was a low chance that Shiro would be making a return in 2019. Finally, would the map “Mayan Ruins” be coming back? I haven’t heard of anyone bringing up the issue of bringing back this specific map. All I would know is that many people would want this map back but I’m not sure if this would become possible. Currently, I’m most towards bringing Enchanted Library back, because it had the highest chance of being brought back. Shiro would be my 2nd request as it was requested by many Death Tag players. Mayan Ruins would be nice too, but I’m not positive about it coming back.

Posted Jun 13, 2019
    Diyn and x3bood like this.
  2. Hello,
    One of the reason why I am going to say that most Death tag maps aren't coming back is because they were most likely removed because they had bugs, or something was wrong with it. Second, most maps that are removed are less likely to come back because if they were to comeback, they would most likely have to build a separate map as a revamp of the other, in case there was something wrong with it it.
    With that being said, I am not exactly sure weather old maps for Death Tag should specifically come back as it would take more work, and stress for the builders. I feel it would be better if we continue to build different maps the community/builders come up with if we are just looking for more maps to play on.
    If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this post
    Have a nice day!
    ~BasicT

Posted Jun 13, 2019
  3. Heyooo!

Ok so I believe none of these maps will come back as @BasicT said, they were probably removed for a reason like a bug or doesn't meet the standard guidelines. Also, I don't think they are going to come back as they may be outdated from the Build Team's skill today. What I'm saying is that the maps now that they have may have looked nicer than the older ones and that may have been a reason they were removed. I hope I could help clear this up for you!

~Cheers!
    -SpikeCreates

Posted Jun 13, 2019
    BasicT likes this.
  4. Personally I'd love to have the older maps back, but I don't think it'll happen easily (if at all). Each of the maps mentioned have some issues but the main reason for getting removed was the DT community made it clear they didn't like those maps. I believe the lack of popularity was the nail in the coffin regarding their removal.

Shiro in general wasn't going to work out. It looked really nice in my opinion, but it was far too open and not enough parkour. I'm fairly certain that it's still the biggest DT map to date. Lots of camping spots, along with hiding spots. It was just too difficult for the average person to find the last few players at the end of a round.

Enclosed Library felt small to most people even though it was slightly bigger than Bedroom. The bookcases hid the edges and corners of the walls and just made it feel cramped. Take a closer look though and the outside had lots of parkour and more than a few access points for players to get in or out. Considering the maps we have now such as Wasteland, Mansion, and National Park (I think that's the name anyway) all of which are fairly sizable, I think that Library has the best chance of coming back out of the three. Only if the outside area is opened up though, and it might have to be updated a little. I still have a copy of it, but randomtickspeed wasn't on zero, so most the leaves decayed. Not sure what the parkour outside was like sad to say. This would still be my favorite map based on looks. Parkour was decent too honestly.

Mayan Ruins was decent, too many stairs though. It also didn't have too many routes despite it's size. I love the theme of it though so I'd love to see this back as well but it would need an overhaul first.

All things considered though, in my experiences Death Tag has one of the most toxic communities of all the games and it was clearly shown when new maps came out. Seems the majority of players wanted to stick with the Village/Bedroom/Wild West style maps and didn't want to give anything else a chance. It wouldn't surprise me if most Builders got scared away from making DT maps from all the hostility that was shown with some of the newer maps. (Not trying to throw shade or direct blame, just trying to show that you get better results with constructive criticism instead of blatant hate or disdain, you know?)

Maps removed due to not being popular are difficult to bring back even with the community asking for it, so unfortunately I don't think we'll see them any time soon.

Posted Jun 13, 2019
    saltytqco, joshuart and x3bood like this.
  5. Thank you for clearing this up for me!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 19, 2019