• 1597 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10035 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Bringing Back Old Games to The Lobby

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by ImJustDigital, Sep 9, 2019 at 9:57 AM.

?

Should Mineplex add back these old gamemodes to the Lobby?

1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

33.3%
  1. Hey There!

I feel like Mineplex should bring old gamemodes such as Bomb Lobbers, One In The Quiver and Bacon Brawl plus more back to the actual Lobby so more players will see these gamemodes and play them more because 99% of the time now these games have 0 players and it would be nice to see people playing these again. I feel like this will happen if we add them back to the lobby like they once were. Now these games just sit in Mixed Arcade and nobody plays them and it is kind of sad. Just a thought though. Let me know what you think! Feedback is encouraged.

-ImJustDigital

Posted Sep 9, 2019 at 9:57 AM
  2. Heyo!

One of the reasons they got denied in the first place was due to a low playerbase. All the games that got removed from the network usually had a low playerbase and not enough time for good development. If the NPCs were added back, this would just impersonate the same issues as last time. If there isn't going to be time for updates or big fixes on games, it's best to just leave them in MIN or an MPS.

While I would love to see these games added back in, it isn't in Mineplex's interest to be doing this. Maybe in the future if there could be the effort and time dedicated to it, but for now I'm going to have to leave this at a -1. I'm sure there are some other threads related to this topic as well, so you can read up on them as well. Hopefully this helped!

Posted Sep 9, 2019 at 10:04 AM
    Xukuri and ImJustDigital like this.
  3. I don't see what the issue would be with putting the NPCs back in the lobby though. Perhaps putting them back could increase the playerbase of them? It's worth trying at least. There could be many players who don't realize you can still play them - I've seen many threads with people asking to add back the arcade games, unaware that they still exist. Perhaps with the publicity that adding them back to the lobby would bring, it could revive those games. Considering they never get played currently while they're in the Mixed Arcade NPC, the situation can't get worse by re-adding their own NPCs. Obviously, if the player count doesn't increase, they should be removed again, as I presume it wouldn't look good for Mineplex to have loads of games with 0 people playing them on show in the lobby. But regardless, it's worth at least trying, because I know there are many people who were upset when they were removed.

Posted Sep 10, 2019 at 6:00 AM
    TooMuchXMas4You likes this.
  4. Hi

These games definitely do deserve another chance, but as you said, nobody plays them. I totally agree with @Xukuri in how we should try adding them back for a trial run. If it doesn't work, then moving them back would make sense. If the player count doesn't increase, then I fear these unique games could potentially be gone for good. It definitely wouldn't to hurt to add the NPC's back and seeing them popular would be awesome. It is quite sad that they're kind of dead and at the end of the day, It's the general community/playerbase that decides if they want to play them or not.

Posted Sep 10, 2019 at 6:40 AM
    Xukuri likes this.
  5. I would definitely love to see some of these games get a second chance. However, it’s just not too realistic at this point in time. Without a solid player base in these games, there would be no real need to give them their own NPCs. From what I’ve seen, some games that have their own NPCs still sometimes struggle to start a game. Adding more NPCs could easily make it even harder for those games to start as well. In my opinion, the mixed arcade rotation works pretty well and would probably be your best bet! With games that are less populated, the mixed arcade rotation does give you a chance to play them.

Like others have said, this has been denied for various reasons in the past. Due to popularity issues, as well as lack of demand, giving these games their own NPCs most likely wouldn’t work out too well. At least not for now! I 100% think that if/when mineplex builds up its player base again, these games can get their own NPCs and be successful stand alone games. Besides, you can technically still queue for a specific game in arcade on the server, but it’s very rare to actually get one of those games started. So like I said before, you could always play in the rotation and hope that you get to play arcade games that you like. c:

It would be a -1 from me, for now!

Posted Sep 10, 2019 at 4:22 PM
  6. One of the original reasons why these games were removed and put into mixed arcade was to ensure that they were being played. Mineplex doesn't have the player base to support all these individual games, so putting them all together was to make sure that these games were at least being played. I don't think that if mineplex were to make them into individual games again they would generate a constant player base so I rather it stay the way it is now.

Posted Sep 10, 2019 at 5:15 PM
  7. Now I know that it probably won't happen because I have heard that for some reason Heroes Of Gwen was perm removed. Not sure if there was a reason for this as it was a popular and fun game but if someone could provide some insight into this that would be amazing. :D

Posted Sep 10, 2019 at 5:24 PM
  8. Hi!

Although I can agree with the fact that yes, many of those games are missed and would be loved by the community if they were to return, I don't think having the games return as Lobby Games would be plausible. OITQ and BL are still playable in Mixed Arcade, but even if they were to become Lobby games, it'd be much more 'out-of-place' if that makes sense. GLD is a very simple 1v1 gamemode which is why it's in the lobby, but BL and OITQ need lots of players and lobby games are all 1v1 type games. This is why I feel those wouldn't be placed in the right area if they were to be added.

I do think that other Lobby Games could be added, though! Maybe a 1v1 Spleef or a Sumo gamemode. I think 1v1 type gamemodes would be much more fitting for the lobby and would receive a lot more positive feedback, so if you have any ideas for those I'd love to read up on them and give some more feedback!

~Arjun

Posted Sep 10, 2019 at 5:52 PM
  9. I think this is a cool idea. These games are technically still playable by itself if you have a party of eight or more, so I don't really have a problem on bringing back the rest of the arcade NPCs to lobbies. While I cannot say for certain what will happen to the player count for these games, I think it is at least worth a try to see how it goes and making necessary adjustments after. Sometimes I feel like playing just one type of arcade game, and hopefully, others may feel the same about this suggestion. This will also make "grinding" a certain game much more convenient than it is now. I also see people occasionally asking whether a game like OITQ has been removed, and it is understandable why they are wondering as its NPC is nowhere to be found. Overall, I do not really have a problem bringing back NPCs for arcade games that are still playable, and I believe taking appropriate actions for very unpopular NPCs would prove beneficial.

Posted Sep 11, 2019 at 7:03 AM
  10. Hi!

These games were removed for a reason. Yet, some I really enjoy, and wanted to be added back. But, if the game has a low playerbase, then they will just be removed again. I think they should just stay in Mixed Arcade for now.
    Have a great day/night!

Posted Sep 11, 2019 at 7:56 AM