• 2993 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11856 Players Online
  • 8863 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Bring Castle Siege to normal lobbies instead of MPS only

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by HexModi, Mar 28, 2020.

1. It's worthy enough to be in the lobbies, I remember it used to be in the lobby, so why not bring it back?

Posted Mar 28, 2020
    Spider53, Danese and kim_crazy like this.
  2. Hi there!

Castle Siege was removed because it didn't have a stable player count and it was lowered a lot. The game wasn't really that fun and that's mostly the reason people didn't play it, with our current player base I'm not sure it's worthy enough to bring back. Personally I wouldn't want it to come back because the game wasn't really fun imo, and the game would require Dev time to bring back and it's not really worth there time. But yeah this game had a super low player count and it was not really fun for most players and it was sort of buggy at the time so it would require even more Dev time. I think it's nice that it is still in the MPS though as for the few that do play the game can play it. Thanks for suggesting this but I'm gonna say no -1. Thanks for posting this and I hope to see more of your creative ideas in the future!

Good luck on the rest of your suggestions

Posted Mar 28, 2020
    Calverin and Bunni like this.
  3. Hey!

I think it should stay in MPS for now. It got removed for its player count and I don't think adding it back will make it popular again. Unless most of the community on Mineplex wants it back, it isn't best for it to come back to public games. Also anyone can play it anytime in MPS so for the small amount of people who do enjoy it, they have it there. Developers also need to make sure there aren't any bad bugs/glitches that will ruin the game which could take a while, it varies.

Overall, personally I would like to see it back but it does not need to come back now. I'm sure the playerbase would still be low so I give this a -1, but thanks for the idea!

Posted Mar 28, 2020
  4. As a former member of our network's Ideas Team, I've dealt with numerous requests for Castle Siege to be brought back. The presiding administrator, EmmaLie, has denied the idea on numerous occasions citing an insufficient number of players and insufficient user interest.

Typically, when a game is put out to pasture (or on MPS exclusively), that game has been retired indefinitely.

Posted Mar 29, 2020
    Im_Ken likes this.
  5. I agree that castle siege should be brought back. Yes there were insufficient amount of players as addressed by the people above me. But think about it, Mineplex is peaking more then ever because of quarantine. The server has gained roughly 1000 more players. I believe now would be a great time to bring it back, since the player average is at an all-time high. Another thing to mention, us high level players are bored. There’s nothing to do but grind wins for discord roles for most of us. Second, IT’S LITERALLY THE MOST ASKED FORUM POST I’VE SEEN. Almost every week i see 2-4 threads asking for Castle Siege to be brought back. I see old returners in lobbies asking where the game went, I truly believe that if Mineplex were to add it back within the next 1-2 weeks, the 5000 average players would remain constant or +.

Although some concerns, the server kind of sucks. It keeps downgrading every year to save money, and now it can’t even handle the lag from the extra surplus of 1000 players. If the devs were to add a new game, and a large player count one like Castle Siege. I believe a-lot of players would complain because the lag situation would get worse, not to mention how it would react with 80-100 players constantly moving around in a game like Castle Siege. So I believe Castle Siege should be brought back, but not until the server upgrades or fixes the lag issue.

Posted Mar 29, 2020
    Spider53, Lord_of_Creeper and floqi like this.
  6. Honestly, I'd be down to brink it back, although It's a very torn situation. Yes, the player count has increased due to the unfortunate circumstances that are occurring across our world, although this may indeed be temporary. We don't know for certain if the player count will be maintained like this, and whilst it may be popular for a while, It could just flop after a bit. As mentioned, the game was buggy. I'd rather not roll out a game mode that isn't executed properly. Especially with the recent updates, we've been getting, focusing on more would be much better. For a short time, sure, this game would probably bring back some of the nostalgia-driven or curios players for sure. For the long-term, I just don't see it working out. Then disappointing players again when It's removed. Honestly, I'd love to see a poll or something on the discord to see the community demand. For sure, It's definitely "worthy" to be in the lobby, but we can't forget that this isn't the same Mineplex we saw years ago (different time and different situations)

Posted Mar 29, 2020
  7. We need wait till corona done and after see how much players

Posted Mar 29, 2020
  8. Heya!

I would personally love to see castle seige be implemented back into the lobby. Unfortunately the game is MPS only due to the lack of people who still play castle seige. IT woulde be cool to see back but I don't think it would do well. I think it should just stay only for MPS. Anyways, take care now!

~Tangle The Lemur

Posted Apr 1, 2020
    Lord_of_Creeper likes this.
  9. Hey,

I would love to see Castle Siege brought back to the game. I also know of several entire Discord servers filled with dozens of people who are even more passionate about the game than I am (such as @Lord_of_Creeper ).

However, presently the reigning staff members have denied this for numerous... arguable reasons. There are currently quite a lot of fun games that many consider were wrongfully buried alive inside of the Mineplex Player Server system.

There were a few reasons other than "player count issues" that resulted in these games being removed. Many of them were removed due to excessive strain on the servers they were hosted on. Wizards and Castle Siege often made active servers incredibly laggy after several hours of continuous gameplay. If these games were to be reimplemented, it's likely that a substantial amount of redeveloping would be required to negate this issue. But, from what I have seen over the past two years, this is not where the server seems to be heading. The server seems to be focusing on new "stuff," rather than re-adding old "stuff."

Though I am (and always shall be) filled with resentment towards those who removed these games, there is, unfortunately, not that much that I- or anyone, really- can do. In my opinion, the amount of players who participated in the Area 51 raid event in September seems like attempting to see how CS might do with the present player base could be a worthwhile effort. Keep in mind that, though area 51 was a different game from Castle Siege, the concepts were identical: 1 team rushes and dies and rushes again while the other defends a target.

However, I don't see Minelex attempting this gamble. That is in no way an insult (actually, it's quite a smart move when dealing with these kinds of odds (large amounts of dev time [which is taken from somewhere else [dev power cannot be created nor destroyed w/out hiring additional devs [By the way, they can't do that unless people apply for the position]]] with dedicated servers containing higher-than-average levels of CPU etc. etc., as opposed to creating entirely new games based on what the community presently seems to quite enjoy [or game updates or bug fixes or whatnot])). And though I always fantasize about taking over Mineplex and re-adding all of my favorite games, in reality this may never happen.

TL;DR
    Old games = good / fun
    CS ≈ Area 51 Game --> Possibility for CS to be popular
    CS Readdition = Reallocated dev time / specialized servers w/ cpu increases
    Old Games Bringing Back = YAY!!
    Reality = "No way, Josè."
    Reality = *Sad Face*

-Dan

Posted Apr 1, 2020
    Lord_of_Creeper likes this.
  10. Unfortunately, we have no plans on bringing Castle Siege back at the current moment. While I would love to have Castle Siege back there weren't enough players and due to the lack of resources, we were unable to keep it maintained. It received an update before its removal in hopes of boosting player count again, unfortunately, it did not work. While it may come back in the future like I stated before, we currently have no plans to bring it back, therefore I will be marking this thread as Not Planned. I will leave it open if you wish to discuss it further though.

Not Planned

Posted Apr 1, 2020
    Wiz2K likes this.