• 2771 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12565 Players Online
  • 9794 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Bring back wool jumping!!

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by plebbie, Oct 24, 2018.

?

Should wool jumping be added back into the game?

1. Yes it should be added back

2. No it should not be added back. (pls tell us why it should not be added back when you pick this)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Some people might not know this but a few years ago wool jumping was a thing.
    What is this? Well wool jumping was a strategy that could help you cross the map in a few seconds and gain to places where it would normaly take you around 20 seconds to get there. Wool jumping was using the sheeps wool mine to launch yourself without taking damage. When this got removed I was not to happy. This was a realy fun thing to do. But sheep was indead to strong compared to other kits even though it is a achievment kit. But then not even a year later sheep got another debuff. Again the wool mine. The cooldown would only start when you exploded the wool mine. Sheeps keeps getting debuffs and right now it is one of the weakest kits in the game. It is not achievment worthy. So please to make sheep a bit stronger again add back wool jumping because this was just to amazing to remove. You can still do this now but you take 3 to 5 harts of damage. Make it so that it does no damage pls I rly want this back and i quess others want this as well. Sheeps is just way to weak. The smash abbilty sucks you can outrun it with ease static laser sucks you can just hide behind a wall. Wool mine sucks because the cool down is way to long and wooly rocket sucks because it just deals not enough damage. When you compare villager to sheep. Villager should get a debuff not sheep. So please i begg you add back wool jumping the give sheep some of its power back please.

Posted Oct 24, 2018
  2. As you said, wool jumping is still possible if you're willing to take some damage. The reason you take damage now is BECAUSE it was so good. Sheep is already one of the best running kits with wooly rocket and a higher jump and wool jumping just made it op. However it is still a nice technique that should reward proper use. I think a better alternative would be to decrease the amount of damage sheep receives on explosion by (33?)%. This way sheep's can still have a reliable tech to use and recover with but it wouldn't be used consecutively without punishment.

Posted Oct 24, 2018
    Wiz likes this.
  3. I'm going to keep this short and simple, think of it like, if you throw a grenade at yourself, you're going to be in severe pain. I do understand this is a video game and anything is possible but to be completely honest, it just wouldn't make sense that you don't take damage.

Posted Oct 24, 2018
  4. By your logic, creeper should die after using explode, pig should take damage after using bouncy bacon, zombie should get burn while exposed to the sun, snowman should melt after being under the sun, etc. Not everything has to make sense.

Posted Oct 24, 2018
  5. Well, it wasn't a feature to begin with. Sheep always used to take self-damage, but it got bugged due to team SSM (they didn't want people hurting teammates with Wool Mine). Or, that's at least what I remember.
    I mean, it's a fun thing to do, but it's not really that useful. It was very obnoxious when Sheep didn't take self damage for a short period of time, AND you could use it alongside Woolly Rocket to stay airborne infinitely. Then again, Wool Mine got nerfed ages ago that the cooldown only starts once the mine explodes, so I don't see the harm in bringing it back now.

Posted Oct 24, 2018
  6. Ok yes, that is correct so maybe I'm wrong, just my opinion, thank you for pointing out those flaws

Posted Oct 24, 2018
  7. Its still around, it just requires taking damage.

Sheep already has its recovery move. It doesnt need to not take damage from its wool mine to be viable. Other changes to its kit would go a lot further to making the kit more enjoyable both to play as and against, along with making it better overall.

If you think the wool mine cooldown change was a nerf, I dont really know what to tell you.

Also funny you say Sheep just keeps getting weaker, when it was extremely broken for an extended period of time because Static Lazer had a ridiculous hitbox

Achievement kit =/= kit needing to be good or better than other kits.

Posted Oct 24, 2018
  8. I don't think it should come back as I've faced off lots of sheep and they're already good at running. Adding it back would just make it even harder to kill them. Imagine this: You're chasing a Sheep then he uses Wool Mine in front of you. Not only do you take knockback & damage, he even flies further way; unharmed. He wouldn't have to worry about being too close, op.

Posted Nov 11, 2018
  9. I vote no cause I don't want sheep to recover that easily when I ring them out

Posted Nov 13, 2018
  10. Here's my take:

If you want no damage from wool mine, get rid of wooly rocket. Both cannot coexist. Otherwise we will have both running and camping sheeps that will spam static laser.

Posted Nov 14, 2018
  11. Wool jumping in itself is already op, but as stated above, people that use wooly rocket and Wool mine is pretty op, and combine with that extra jump height, the class become WAY too unbalanced. My suggestion is that wooly mine COULD be a passive and wooly rocket could be like phoenix, with the about 1/4 less damage than the mine.

Posted Nov 15, 2018
  12. I agree right now it's one of the weakest kits in the game.

I think it could be fun to give it more movement options, honestly it's so much fun for any kit to have higher-level "cheeky" combinations to experiment with, for example suffocating people with snow golem, or the movement available to spider, off the edge up the hole etc.

The most fun thing I saw someone do with sheep recently was throw the wool mine off the edge and then jump on it, created themselves a little platform.

Would be cool to see this kit changed up a little, nice ideas.

Posted Nov 15, 2018