• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9575 Players Online
  • 6685 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned BRING BACK WIZARDS

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by bennybucks, Aug 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wizards was and still would be if not the best a top 3 game on the server. This is easily the most fun game (imo) to ever be on the server. Everyone seemed to really like this game a whole lot and I don't really know why it got removed from the server. (Yes I know it is available in player servers but that doesn't count) I believe if y'all brought back wizards that it would be a great move for the server and would please many other Mineplex players besides me! :)

PLZ DO NOT LOCK THIS THREAD! thank you :)

Posted Aug 5, 2020
    Legend998 likes this.
  2. Honestly I am a bit in between on this idea.

On one hand, I do think it would be great to bring back certain games. I think bringing back older games can attract older players who have not been on the server in a while, and they have an aspect of nostalgia.

The thing is, Wizards was not completely removed. There is a smaller scale version of Wizards within NANO Games, which I find to be a great alternative. While there are some differences, like you don't open chests to find loot, you spawn with everything, I still believe it has the same feeling as Wizards. And for that reason, I'm going to have to give this a -1.

But thanks for the idea, though!

Posted Aug 5, 2020
    Disgruntle likes this.
  3. Wizards didn't have a large player count, but if you enjoy it you can play Nano Wizards when it comes up, like @Emiliee said. Honestly I enjoy the Nano version a lot more than OG Wizards - it's a lot less laggy and much quicker. It's a decent idea but I'm against it tbh, more games will just reduce player counts on current games and ultimately cause more to shut down.

Posted Aug 5, 2020
    Breezily. and Emiliee like this.
  4. It was indeed a great gamemode and I still thoroughly enjoy a couple of rounds with friends in an MPS, however the game wasn't removed from the main server without reason and I doubt that decision will ever be reversed. Personally, I do not like nano wizards, I find it more laggy and rather tedious in comparison, but it's worth a try to see if you like it.

If you ever want to play some wizards, just send me a message and I'd love to play a few rounds. It's always nice to find people that like the gamemode ^^

Posted Aug 5, 2020
  5. I'm definitely conflicted on this idea. Wizards is one of the most requested deleted games to be brought back. It is only behind Castle Siege and UHC. It does seem like people want this game back, this is not the first thread about bringing back Wizards. I do think it would benefit Mineplex if it was re-added.

The existence of NANO Wizards is not a good excuse for why Wizards shouldn't return. NANO Wizards is extremely simplified, to the point where isn't doesn't have the same feeling of survival that the original Wizards had. There are also only 4 spells, unlike the many spells that were in Wizards. NANO Wizards is based on how many kills you have, not who is the last person standing, which seems to make the entire game feel different, and less intense. These changes make sense for a NANO game, but it makes it so Wizards feels completely different.

I do think that Wizards would benefit being re-added, but I think it would make more sense to add a game that has more demand to come back like CS or UHC. These games would likely be a better move for Mineplex, and would increase the player count more than Wizards. I don't think adding back Wizards is a bad idea, but I think it would make more sense to re-add deleted game that has more demand for its return.

+0.25

Posted Aug 5, 2020
    Legend998 likes this.
  6. Eh, if I remember rightly, Wizards had quite a few bugs which was one of the main reasons for its removal, as they caused people to stop playing it. If those bugs got fixed and new content got added, then I would have no problem with seeing it added back, but I'm still not sure if enough people would play to warrant its return. Also, I would prefer if we focused on fixing bugs and issues that are in current games on the network that do get a lot of players, rather than taking a chance with spending a lot of time and effort fixing Wizards when there's a high chance that it won't be popular enough to justify spending all those resources on it. Also, as others have mentioned, when it comes to adding new games, games such as Castle Siege are much more requested than Wizards, so it wouldn't really make sense to add it over them, so I'm not sure if we'll see Wizards get added back any time soon.

Posted Aug 5, 2020
    Disgruntle likes this.
  7. Thanks for the idea. Unfortunately, this has been denied multiple times in the past due to unpopularity - when it was brought back in the Classics Cow, no one played it, and as stated above we have an alternative - Nano Wizards. The game was removed in the first place due to unpopularity and several bugs. At this time there are no plans to bring back Wizards, however it is available to play in MPS and is already somewhat a game in Nano Wizards.

Due to this, I will be locking this thread and marking it as not planned. However you are free to post another thread detailing why Wizards should be brought back with some examples of how to make the game better, because in its current state it is most likely not making a comeback. Again, thanks for the idea!

Thread Locked >> Not Planned

Posted Aug 5, 2020
    Disgruntle likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.