• 1385 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8421 Players Online
  • 7036 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Bring back Vertigo (and Season?)

Discussion in 'Mine-Strike' started by IUseATrackpad, Feb 19, 2021.

1. I don't know how long ago Vertigo and Season were added to the game, 2018? I tried looking at the update logs on the Mineplex WikiFandom, but I couldn't find anything about the two maps for the life of me lol. Anyway, Vertigo didn't last that long, but Season outlasted it for a while longer. Sure, there were exploits on Vertigo as well as people doing their best Hans Gruber impressions, and rotating sites on Season was a pain. But as long as these maps were made for Minestrike, and the players would vote to play them, these maps should be added back. I've seen plenty of support to bring back Vertigo. Not as much for Season, but hey, it wasn't a terrible map. Vertigo was much different than any other map in the game; albeit it was small, it had two complete levels to go between, which was a fun dynamic. After reaching a point of knowing all the maps by heart, having a strong grasp on different strats, and possessing a decent gamesense, one starts to crave something new and exciting to take on. Thankfully we got Seaside and Marshes last year, and they're still under a year old but for only less than a month longer. In conclusion, I don't have technical reasons or a Microsoft Excel document for why Vertigo and Season should be added back, we may have complained about them while they were playable, but retrospectively they were still fun and if we want to play them, we should be given that option.

Drop your thoughts and responses below, and most importantly your support to bring the maps back! :)

- IUseATrackpad ~ 4.5-year MS player, actual trackpad user

Posted Feb 19, 2021
  2. I will admit I had no idea season was removed until I saw this post and checked for myself in an mps. As for Vertigo, the map is currently in testing and will hopefully be added as part of the community map update in about a week (depends on how quickly MTT/GI is able to test it). Here are some screenshots of the map: https://imgur.com/a/KRoA5So
    Both maps were originally added mid 2017

Posted Feb 22, 2021
  3. Hello! I checked the Map Database and the Official | Mineplex Map Statistics sheets that Dutty has, and found that Vertigo was removed for "GI Decision (Poor Gameplay)" and Seasons was removed for "GI Request". On the Map Fixes tab you can see more than 3k map fixes, which indicates that if the map only needed a few fixes or "exploit" patches like you mentioned, they would have been slightly changed and remained in rotation. Something about these maps our Game Insights team determined made them unplayable, or of poor gameplay quality, so they were requested to be removed from live servers. We don't want to have poor maps in a gameplay rotation because while older players might appreciate the different type of gameplay on this type of map, a new player may judge the game based on a poor map and be less likely to return to the game. I'm not sure if Vertigo is looking at returning like the above comment mentioned.

Vertigo was removed January 2019 and Seasons November 2020.

I don't really have an opinion on this personally because I don't play MS, but I wanted to link you the database and give more explanation as to why they were removed.

Posted Feb 22, 2021
    ZualDez likes this.
  4. Vertigo and Seasons is absolute blasphemy track, shush <3

Posted Feb 22, 2021
  5. We're currently testing a version of Vertigo that might make it back to the map pool. Season was just not a particularly good map and we have zero plans to bring it back.

Posted Feb 22, 2021
    Hilly likes this.
  6. I dodged when season was the map ._. I liked vertigo though

Posted Feb 22, 2021
  7. no you shush zualy ;)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 22, 2021
    ZualDez likes this.
  8. thanks for the reply! hearing that vertigo may be added back is great news :D

OP OP
  9. thanks for the links, ima look in to them

OP OP
  10. yeah didn't have much hope for season, but it's good to hear about vertigo

OP OP
  11. Vertigo and Seasons were good maps lol. Took those out and then put it the map "marshes" that probably has the worst gameplay that I have ever seen in a MS map.

Posted Feb 23, 2021
  12. Replace Marshes with Vertigo :P

Posted Feb 24, 2021