• 2070 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2070 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Bring back ultra to shop for $5

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by monskey, Nov 20, 2020 at 11:10 AM.

Tags:
  1. I want ultra back! I think a lot of other people do too. To me, ultra is the coolest looking rank! I don't want to pay for all that other junk in the starter pack, so please bring back Ultra to the shop!

Thank you!

Posted Nov 20, 2020 at 11:10 AM
    whatup, xOeuf, Minevaft and 2 others like this.
  2. Ultra is already available in the Starter pack in the Mineplex shop as you have already stated. It is unlikely that this thread will affect whether Ultra becomes available by itself since I believe this would be an ownership decision. Obvious Mineplex generates more profit if they put in the starter pack for a higher price and it is likely that many people would buy it still since (I quote you) "ultra is the coolest looking rank!". If you don't have enough money for the starter pack, you can always buy the Hero rank for $10 USD or a one month Immortal subscription for $7 USD. Hope this helps :)

Posted Nov 20, 2020 at 11:20 AM
  3. ~Thread moved to General ideas section

I personally disagree with this suggestion. I think the removal of Ultra was a good, quality change due to us already offering a multitude of ranks. Along with we didn't 100% take ultra away as it's still in the starter pack like you said. While I understand It can be frustrating to not be able to buy the rank I don't think bringing back Ultra is a good solution as the next rank up (Hero) is only 5$ more which usually isn't a huge financial burden in terms of pricing for a rank. I understand where you're coming from, however I don't believe adding Ultra back is worth it in the long run.

Posted Nov 20, 2020 at 11:21 AM
    Fusafez and StyxKiller03 like this.
  4. Hi!

As Epic said, I disagree with this idea. I find that Hero not only gives you more perks, but also isn't actually all that more expensive. Ultra is still in the starter pack in the store, but I understand that it may be annoying to you that you cannot buy the rank alone.

Overall, -1. I don't think adding Ultra back is a good idea

Posted Nov 20, 2020 at 11:26 AM
  5. Hey

According to the shop, mineplex hero rank is 5 dollars cheaper than the starter pack (which has ultra rank). From your idea, I also disagree: having solely ultra rank as a buying option is not a good idea since there are not many features to offer. This is a problem with only ultra rank as opposed to a starter pack.

Also, to paraphrase what @Paladise stated, please compare the prices on hero rank and the starter pack. The hero rank (to reiterate) is less expensive than the starter pack. It is quite unfortunate that there are no ultra rank only, but it would clog up more space on the shop.

Overall, I would give a -1. But thanks for suggesting your idea!

Posted Nov 20, 2020 at 12:41 PM
    Paladise likes this.
  6. No but I have a bunch of alts so I'm not just buying ultra once it'd be more like 4-5 times. Hero is ugly and everything else is off budget. lol.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 20, 2020 at 7:03 PM
  7. I think the general debate is not the availability of ultra, but the price in and of itself. In regards to ranks, I think ultra was worth $5. Should it be available, though? I think so. Hero being the lowest tier of rank upgrade pushes the incentive to spend $10 - if you're not willing to spend much, but still want a rank it's your only option. Most players simply want ultra for the priority queue and would therefore pit in $5 before they'd even consider $10 for an upgrade, but the lack thereof pushes players to make a payment amount they'd normally not want to spend. Simply put, higher price pushes incentives for players to spend more if they want the basic perks - we know this because if they'd truly want all perks associated to a rank, they'd go for Immortal or Eternal, as those are both more expensive (in the long run).
    It benefits Mineplex greatly as it increases revenue. That said, ultra was also likely under purchased, and didn't provide the means necessary to justify its upkeep within the store. In that sense, I'd probably just support hero as the lowest rank. If you're truly adamant about having a rank, hero is a good starter and provides a nice cosmetic set to go along with it. The price is fine, although it's not as cheap as ultra once was.

Posted Nov 20, 2020 at 7:31 PM
  8. I agree with your suggestion. While the Mineplex Starter Pack offers Ultra in it, the price of the pack is $15 and some people may not financially be able to afford that. I think adding in Ultra for $5 by itself along with the other ranks (Hero at $10, Legend at $15, etc.) would be a nice addition and would add more options to people who don't want to spend the $10 for Hero. Overall, I personally would like to see Ultra back in the shop for $5, but I do understand it is a little tedious and not too many people would probably be interested in it considering the other options may have better value.

- Lucas

Posted Nov 20, 2020 at 7:48 PM
    MC_Minium and monskey like this.
  9. Dude I'd buy ultra on a lot of my alts like I said if it was $5 instead of 10. 5 bucks for not having to like have parties broken and stuff is worth it for me. $10 is double 5. I'm broke!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 21, 2020 at 1:15 AM
    xOeuf likes this.
  10. That's my point. It's a much better price - but the idea of pushing it to $10 means that if a player truly values and wants a rank, they are more likely to spend the $10, meaning more revenue for the server. Ultra has always been the best deal for players who just want to get into games faster, but that wouldn't benefit the server as much as hero could.

Posted Nov 21, 2020 at 7:44 PM
  11. Hey,

I'm neither for nor against reimplementing Ultra in the main shop. The rank gives very little in terms of "stuff" (cosmetics, perks, etc.). That said, I do feel that were Ultra to be reimplemented on the shop page, the rank should be given a little more "oomph" for the price. As I said, the rank provides very little perks and features, so much so that it's more valuable as being present within some type of "starter pack," which is already available.

-Dan

±0

Posted Nov 21, 2020 at 8:36 PM
    Fusafez and monskey like this.
  12. I do agree with this, you see, some people dont want to spend $10 on a virtual rank. Ultra is only $5 which I can see why people like you would not like this idea of Ultra rank only being in the Starter pack for $15. In my opinion, I want it to be brought back, but I do see that Mineplex is desperate for money right now so I guess that the starter pack will always just be the only thing with Ultra. Overall +1

Posted Nov 21, 2020 at 9:19 PM
    Danese and monskey like this.