• 709 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3288 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Bring back UHC

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Liqhts, Jan 24, 2020.

?

Should Mineplex bring back UHC?

1. Yes

83.3%
  2. No

16.7%
  1. Remaking my old thread, which got 120+ likes on it.
    I think it would be a great idea to bring back UHC on Mineplex. There are currently barely any popular servers with vanilla or vanilla like uhc. I know a lot of people want a simple uhc to play that’s also popular, and I think if Mineplex brought back uhc it would be popular. A lot of the old UHC players would come back, and a lot of new players would come.

UHC was removed awhile ago from the server. I think the main downfall of UHC was the addition of 4 gamemodes instead of just the normal 2 player team UHC, hackers/xrayers, and lack of updates.

Some ideas I have if uhc is brought back:
    -Keep it just teams of 2
    -Have uhc games every 2-4 hours (This can be lowered if it gets really popular)
    -Advertise the games in the lobbies like in 2015 to get more people to join
    -If it’s every 2-4 hours, I think there should be at least 1 mod spectating/hosting it to prevent hackers/xrayers from ruining the game
    -Better anti-xray system if possible
    -Max players should be 100, games should start at 50 players
    -Winners should also get some extra type of cosmetic if it’s every 2-4 hours such as a chest or amplifier

Posted Jan 24, 2020
    kctie1234 and vezay like this.
  2. I don't think UHC should be re-added as a standalone game because there was usually a lack of players playing it. However, I do think that the Event team can host games of UHC weekly in the EVENT-1 lobby. In addition, you can still play UHC in MPS'

Posted Jan 24, 2020
  3. Thread moved to General Idea Discussion
    Even though I vaguely remember playing this mode, I have to agree with the idea. UHC is enjoyed across the Minecraft community and would love to see it return to Mineplex. Though we do face one big complication, which is player count; UHC requires a substantially high amount of players per game (80-100). Bridges require 40 players and typically, you would find a maximum of 2 games and at some hours, no games. However, adding UHC back can also do the complete opposite and increase the player count which means that the mode becomes playable again. Overall, I'll give this idea a +1 as I think implementing UHC back could potentially bring the player count back up.

Posted Jan 24, 2020
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  4. UHC simply would not work on mineplex anymore, It'll lack players and eventually die out due to player loss. 2-4 hours would not work either if this were to be added you would need to do them on the weekends, and at a decent time for timezones and such. UHC's were good and fun to play back when mineplex had a bigger playerbase, but nowadays it's not so much of a great idea. Not to mention every 2-4 hours awarding a cosmetic/chest amp every win would simply not work (Hacking, map exploits etc)

Now, I would be all for a smaller/more contained UHC Gamemode. Smaller map with smaller amount of players, kinda like a UHC-Mini or something of that sort. The games would not last that long, perhaps even throw in a Gem system for upgrades in the UHC game itself (Good idea for gems). This would certainly bring some attention to the gamemode, and possibly bring back some players to mineplex itself.

Although, this is all just my opinion. Have a nice day.

Posted Jan 24, 2020
  5. Hey! Personally, I loved UHC. However, it was removed due to it being broken and would take a while for developers to recode/fix when that time could be focused on fixing bugs, implementing new features, etc...
    Also, the player count could be an issue. If UHC was added back but doesn't increase the player count it would take a while for games to start and wouldn't get enough players (in my opinion) to make it enjoyable. If this was processed I don't think it should be prioritized either when like I've mentioned the time it would take to fix UHC could be focused on more important things.

Posted Jan 24, 2020
    xGetRektedx and SummerIsFun2 like this.
  6. I did enjoy playing UHC on Mineplex, but due to the low player count, I don't expect it to make a return.

Posted Jan 24, 2020
  7. I like your idea for mini UHC. I think that would be a great gamemode to have on the server. I know the player base isn’t that high, but I still think UHC on mineplex could work whether it’s mini or not. A solution for regular UHC being readded could be games start somewhere between 30-40 players. I think having a mod spectate it or just be there to moderate would help prevent a lot of hackers/xrayers.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 25, 2020