• 351 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2930 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Bring back the UFO map for SSM

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Endermaster247, Feb 8, 2020.

?

Bring the map back

1. Yes Sir!

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. Naysers

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. Alright I'mma give it to you straight. UFO was a good map, and I loved it. Anyway that aside what exactly do you think? I propose to bring back the "Alien Escape" Map.

Posted Feb 8, 2020
  2. I agreed. The map was one of my favorites to play on. Very sad when it was remove, but that doesn't mean it cant come back.

Posted Feb 8, 2020
  3. If you are referring to the map called Alien Escape then I totally agree it should be brought back with modified changes. The changes I would make to the map are getting rid of the walls, ceiling, and floor so that the lag is no longer an issue. Also the map was very cluttered and so if removing some of the obstacles on the ground allowed for better mobility, then I would totally be up for reintroducing the map to the live server.

Posted Feb 8, 2020
    Mitchy, Worpp and Im_Ken like this.
  4. Thread moved to Game Alterations

As someone who enjoys SSM too, the Alien Escape map was definitely one of my favourites. I thought that the theme was really cool, and I was a fan of the whole concept of the map and how well it was executed. As Hilly has stated, modifying the map in order to reduce lag and allow for better traversal of the map would be something that I think should be considered before re-implementing it, but otherwise, I would love to see this introduced too!

Posted Feb 9, 2020
  5. Hey! I think it would be interesting to see this map on SSM again, I personally think it needs to be changed before reimplemented, as Hilly and Im_Ken stated.

Posted Feb 9, 2020
  6. One of the main reasons it was removed in the first place was that it was super laggy. The box around the map not only made it confusing to play on, but it was the source of the lag, not to mention poorly optimized lighting updates (a vanilla bug in 1.8) as well. I think that it can come back as well for the same reasons above: as long as the box around the map is removed.

Posted Feb 10, 2020
  7. Honestly I hated alien escape...
    The box made it lag a lot, lightning was bad and it was just very bland. Idk if people just have a lot of nostalgia for the map but the islands were basically a bunch of copy pasted rocks and it wasn't the best for both gameplay and aesthetics.
    Instead of bringing back Alien Escape I'd much rather bring back a map like Swamp instead.

Posted Feb 10, 2020
    Worpp likes this.
  8. I personally wasn't a huge fan of the Alien Escape map, both due to the issue with excessive lag and due to the aesthetic of the map. Even if we were to remove the box and repair the lag issues on the map, it'd need some spicing up. From what I remember, the most exciting and fun parts of the map were added onto the box surrounding the islands and the islands themselves were relatively bland and grey. I just don't think the colour palette on the islands and the details were particularly interesting and if we were to add it back without the box, it wouldn't have the same appeal or intrigue that it used to. Maybe if time was also taken to revise the island design and colouring as well as repairing the lag it would work, but at that point, I don't know if taking that time is really worth the results. Definitely a possibility, though, thanks for reminding me of the map!

Posted Feb 10, 2020