• 3497 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11935 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Bring Back The Old Mineplex

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Red_BLood67, Jul 16, 2019.

1. I have played mineplex since 2014 it was really fun to play all the games and get shards and gems but I just recently started play mineplex again and tried to play some of the games I used to play like castle siege but I couldn't find it and found out it was gone and saw some of the other games gone as well. I made a petition on change.org http://chng.it/T7nTBLf4

Posted Jul 16, 2019
    _NoHaxJustCats_ likes this.
  2. I can feel your pain. I miss Sheep Quest and other games too.
    But you can still find some games you missed in "Mixed Arcade" or "Nano Games"

Posted Jul 16, 2019
  3. It's sad but no matter how many threads like this are made nothing will be reverted back to how things used to be here on Mineplex. The server can still be enjoyable, although I honestly think its most enjoyable when you're with friends these days playing solo isn't much fun because of all the parties around.

I prefer the old 2015 skywars and there was a huge player drop (in skywars) after the newer element kits were added. The old version of the game won't ever come back even though it was more popular but it's too late now, changing the kits won't bring old players back and it will only make the current players quit since they will lose their overpowered kits like earth.

I would love to see the gamemode MCL come back, it was fun and something new for mineplex and none of the games with the same concepts (heroes of gwen or castle assault) have come close to the popularity which that game did. It had a few bugs and a huge hacker issue, but those things could have been fixed instead of being removed. It's again, too late for this game to return as well, I feel as though people who didn't play when it was a game will say its a bad remake of castle assault but I honestly prefer the gamemode 100% and I've had many players in Lobby-1 agree with me on that fact.

So many classic elements of Mineplex could come back to make the server stronger and better, but the fact is none of those things are going to happen. We'll just have to enjoy what we have left.

Posted Jul 16, 2019
  4. Most of us who have been playing since Mineplex's earlier days can agree that things were better back in the day. Even when nostalgia is put aside, in its first two years Mineplex was something that made Minecraft as a whole special and popularised original minigames like SSM, CS or even that old kart game. Reverting the server as a whole to the previous state is obviously impossible, it's like asking for the music industry to go back to where it was 10, 20, 30 years ago. It cannot happen. Even just bringing a few old games back could prove to be troublesome, although I'm personally rooting for e.g. Castle Siege to make a return.

Rebranding the server is an option that could be revisited in the future, as there really isn't much that can be done to make Mineplex "great" again unless a miracle happens. Being in a status quo nowadays is a waste of precious time in an everchanging environment, dictated by the unpredictable needs of the gamers.

Posted Jul 17, 2019
  5. yeah i played since 2013, or maybe early 2014. i was 8 then and 6 years forward its mid 2019 so. they were good times and sheep quest was the go to, same with dragons and micro battles and castle. :D

Posted Jul 17, 2019
  6. Hi, I know what you are talking about. Some games like dragons and other ones that they have removed I always used to play. It is just very hard for them to add them back because they used to have a lot more people on the server but they don't anymore so adding them back could turn into what some mixed arcade games we have now ex. Bomb Lobbers, which rarely has anyone playing it anymore this causes problems because it can make people lag out for having to keep the storage of those lobbies and maps which will cause problems. Other than that I agree with you its quite sad to see those games go

Posted Jul 17, 2019
  7. Some games that were on Mineplex and that are not on Mineplex anymore were really good and will be missed (though some are in MPS). But, I am pretty sure Mineplex is going to stay where it is and keep moving forward for the games on it.

Posted Jul 17, 2019
  8. Yeah i agree. A lot of them like sheep quest are in the mixed arcade, pretty much archived lmao. F.

Posted Jul 17, 2019
  9. Contact administrators to bring back a game! I'm sure if there's enough support behind bringing back a game, Leadership would be happy to do so! I really loved MineKart and I was so sad when they got rid of it but it was difficult to play and I understand why they did.

Posted Jul 18, 2019
  10. Unfortunately, Mineplex will not revert no matter how much you beg. I definitely miss the good old days where I would get home from elementary school and play Castle Siege though. :(

Posted Jul 18, 2019
    DistortedEcho likes this.
  11. Nostalgia is a powerful feeling; it can drown out anything.. :(

Posted Jul 18, 2019
    Thenorn likes this.
  12. I've been playing on mineplex since early 2014 as well. Sure, it was a ton of fun coming home from the early years of school and playing with my friends, but I do like the direction mineplex is heading in.
    In the earlier years I loved Dominate. My opinion on it hasn't really changed, but id be lying if I didn't say it has fallen a bit off for me. This isn't solely because of gameplay changes, it just kind of happened. That is exactly my opinion on what the server is like to me. I love the server, I love playing with friends and I love the new games and updates from 2014 to the present. However, it is statistically proven that it is not at the point it was at in peak years, but that's just how it works. Servers take cycles, however mineplex has been trending in the right direction in my eyes. Do I miss the older days, of course, but mineplex has not been any less enjoyable to me.

Posted Jul 18, 2019
  13. I know it's sad to see games you used to love removed but it's for the good of the server. A lot of the old games such as Castle Siege, Wizards, etc. were removed due to lack of popularity. While it's sad that you can't play these games anymore (except in the MPS) it makes room for new, exciting and innovative games to be added to the server. Some games that I can recommend for you are Cake Wars and Nano Games. Both of them were added fairly recently and they are very popular and I personally enjoy them very much. Give them a go, and you may find yourself having as much fun as you used to.

Posted Jul 18, 2019
    Luunala likes this.
  14. Hey everyone,

I've seen this thread similarities so many times over the past 2 weeks, and I just have to say this again;

as @EmmaLie has said before in this thread

The old mineplex games that were not being updated were left behind in the old format of the code with the Butch update and maybe in the future an update but as of now nothing like this will happen.

Also by updating these games would be taking primary time away from development from key features that need to be worked on like GWEN and bug fixes instead of updating games that could bring more bugs than intended. These developers are also on the payroll meaning they are getting paid for their work here at mineplex and I don't believe that updating old games will be a primary objective for now.

Kind regards
    - Sakeusi

Posted Jul 18, 2019
    Luunala likes this.
  15. The developers that work on games don't also work on GWEN or bugfixes (not sure about cosmetics though). It's common misinformation. And developers are under NDA so we can't really know what they're working on right now, so it's not really a strong point there.

Posted Jul 18, 2019