• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9698 Players Online
  • 6808 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Bring back the kits for DMT

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by extrememobs2002, Apr 16, 2020.

1. I remember when Draw My Thing had different kits and I believe bringing those back will not only help beginners, but make the game more fun. There was a kit where a drawer got to choose what word they wanted to draw out of three selections. I've have begun to notice that certain words show up again and again and there really isn't a variety of words that are getting chosen. If you added this kit back I believe that you will get a more variety of words in back to back rounds of DMT. Not only will this kit make the game more fun, but it will also help those who usually get a word they don't know and those that just started playing and don't know where to find the word. With the word selection, the player can choose a word that they know and can draw and the beginner players can also choose the word and immediately know what they are drawing. The only cons with this kit is that it will prolong the game more, but I feel that it is worth it so that players get a fun game experience.

Posted Apr 16, 2020
  2. Howdy!

I could not agree more! I definitely feel like the implementation of this back into the game would be a great idea, especially for players that are new to the game. Also, I often find myself receiving hard themes to draw and wish I had the opportunity to pick something easier. This way, it would be fair to the other players guessing and not just a waste of time tying to draw the word "Whisk," lol. I really hope this idea comes back some day, as it would make a great addition. Thank you!

Posted Apr 30, 2020
    NoHaxJustCats_ likes this.
  3. I have not played draw my thing long enough to have seen the kits, but the fact that there was a kit that allowed one to choose between three words is amazing! Being someone who is bad at drawing, let alone drawing in Minecraft, having the option to choose between three words would help people decide which word is easier to draw. Some of the words that are presented are sometimes hard to draw and can take the player a while before being able to draw it. This would also lessen the amount of players who resort to writing out the word instead of drawing it (that is if they do it because they can't draw the word in question).

Posted May 1, 2020
  4. Hi! Personally I wouldn't be opposed to this idea. Kits would definitely increase the amount of strategy and thought that's put into the game. Currently, under the arcade classics, (Master Builders, Speed Builders, Draw My Thing, and Nano Games) we don't have kits because the games are already extremely simplistic. Adding kits to an already straight to the point type gamemode might be unnecessary. In my opinion, if kits were added to DMT, kits would need to be added to some of the other games listed above as well.

Overall, I'm not opposed to the idea. But at the same time, I don't really know how much kits would change gameplay enough to be worth taking the time to re-introduce. I'm going to leave a 0 for now.

Posted May 2, 2020
  5. Would you be opposed to changing the default kit to contain the 3 options to choose from? If we are needing to stay consistent with the other arcade games, I see no harm in simply implementing this idea into the normal DMT kit right now.

Posted May 2, 2020
    ImFreee / ItsFree likes this.
  6. Although the main intention of implementing this would be to increase variety of drawings drawn, this wouldn't really fix the issue. Although some players would choose new words that are unique, others would just stick to the same words that they're used to drawing. They would re-create drawings that they already know what they want to draw. Part of the skill in the game is quickly coming up with an idea of what to draw, and having to choose between words wouldn't enhance this part of the game. In fact, I think more people will just stick to words they know how to draw than those who will branch out.

If the intention of the idea would be to increase the variety, then a larger word pool might solve the issue better than anything else.

Posted May 2, 2020
  7. The biggest issue is users getting words that are difficult to draw and end up writing the word our or finding a way to type it out. This would be a very good option to eliminate this, but I understand what you mean when you say it does take less skill. Perhaps there could be a system implemented where if you choose to draw a hard word you'd get 3 points, medium would be 2, and easy would be 1 point. Perhaps this would fix both of these problems?

Posted May 2, 2020
  8. Hey!

Thanks for the suggestion! This idea has been approved by Game Insights in a similar thread found here. Due to this, this thread will be marked as processed, but will be left open for further discussion. Thanks again for the suggestion!

Idea Processed

Posted May 3, 2020
  9. Unfortunately, GI's decision on this idea has changed. We have now decided to deny this idea as we don't think it's necessary:

• "Selector" kit would cause the game to become inflated with easy words and so would limit the variety of words and reduce the skill ceiling since the less common (and more difficult/abstract) words would never be picked.
    • "Extra Time" kit is unnecessary as a minute is a perfectly comfortable and adequate length of time to draw something, and any longer would cause the games to drag on and last forever.
    • "Extra Tools" kit has since been given to everyone. This is a lot fairer since everyone has the tools to draw as well as everyone else, meaning the only difference is the skill of the drawer. Since everyone has the features of this kit, there's no need to re-add it.

Not Planned - Denied by GI

Posted Jul 24, 2020
  10. Hi! I played this back in 2015 when it did have the kits. And I don't know when they took them away, but I came back after a long time and the game had changed so much! I think the only real useful kit would be the selector kit. You get to choose what word. People don't always know how to draw something, so they will write it instead and just turn it into a speed typing game. I think the selector kit would crack down on this, but as Xukuwu said, it would also cause a lot of people to choose the easier words. So now I'm not sure where to stand on that.

I think that if they do add kits again, then they will have to be completely different from the ones they had before. But for now, I think I will give this a +.5. Thanks for sharing!

Posted Jul 27, 2020
    Xukuwu likes this.