• 1311 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3890 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Bring Back the classic Gladiators

Discussion in 'Combat Games' started by unrespectful, Aug 4, 2019.

?

Should we bring back the classic Gladiators?

Poll closed Aug 18, 2019.
  1. Yes, we should definitely bring back the classic gladiators

9 vote(s)
    81.8%
  2. No, I am fine with how it is

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gladiators is an amazing game and it is popular too. Now you may be thinking something like this: Gladiators can still be played in the lobby and on nano games! But here's what I want: Gladiators to be on the game portals. You know, the NPCs you can right click to play games? Also, I'd like to see it on the Quick Compass too. I want classic gladiators back, not the nano games style or just a 1v1. The 16 player, better armor and swords as you go up style. if Chiss could fix this, it would be a big help.

Best regards, unrespectful

Posted Aug 4, 2019
    Task, Heaty and Yato like this.
  2. I don’t think they’ll give Gladiators it’s own NPC, at least not for now. Maybe once the server has a bit more players, it can be further discussed. However, I’d like to bring attention to the
    Mixed Arcade Update! The Mixed Arcade rotation is back, and Gladiators is included in said rotation. While it doesn’t have its own NPC, it’s definitely much easier to get into a game now than before the update.

I also agree that Lobby and NANO Gladiators just aren’t the same as the original one. I personally love Gladiators and was sad when people stopped playing it as much. I get where you’re coming from but the only ways to play the original Mineplex Gladiators is through Mixed Arcade, an MPS, or a community server. I know it’s probably not the answer you want, but I recommend going through the Arcade rotation until you get a Gladiators game c:

Short Summary: The classic Gladiators is still very much a thing, you can find a game in Mixed Arcade rotations!

Posted Aug 4, 2019
    unrespectful likes this.
  3. In mixed arcade however, there is like 0 players in the game. I tried telling people to come, but they wouldn't. At least MPS exists

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 4, 2019
  4. Gladiators was never the most popular game, but I don't remember a time where it did really poorly when it had live servers on its own. I don't necessarily know if it needs to return though, mainly because there are so many other PvP based games that are more popular. It doesn't have the same community size as Cake Wars, Survival Games or similar games. I think having it back in the Mixed Arcade rotation is the perfect place for it. It is still accessible to players but doesn't require many lobbies and resources that its own NPC would require. Also, Chiss is no longer an Owner of Mineplex in case you weren't aware. He left quite a while ago and no longer makes decisions for the server.

Posted Aug 8, 2019
    Xukuwu likes this.
  5. I think Gladiators has quite a small playerbase as it's purely PvP based, unlike the other arcade games which are more accessible for anyone to play. Even before the new Mixed Arcade update it rarely had any servers going, so if they decided to add a new arcade game portal, I doubt it would be Gladiators.

Posted Aug 8, 2019
  6. Like previously mentioned, the gamemode did return through the Mixed Arcade rotations, and you can select to play it exclusively. You can only do this through the compass by selecting the note block, then the iron sword. At the time of writing this post, there is currently 1 other player waiting to play this game out of 3,400 online. The game does still exist, and while I admit it is more on the "hidden" side, I'm not sure it would be beneficial to make it a dedicated NPC game. Since the game does already exist, the suggestion you're providing is to re-introduce the NPC selection from the lobby. I'm not convinced this would help the gamemode, and therefore the re-introduction wouldn't be worth the change.

If you believe differently let me know!

Posted Aug 8, 2019
    Xukuwu likes this.
  7. Bruh, you can Queue for it via the Noteblock and it'll eventually cycle to it. Not the answer you're looking for, but thats all we can do RN with only 4,000 people and the game not being the most popular of games on MP.

Posted Aug 8, 2019
  8. Unfortunately because of mineplex's decline in players some games are completely dead and the only way to play some of them is in mixed arcade. I like the game too and hopefully mineplex can get players again and every game will have enough players to start a game.

Posted Aug 8, 2019
  9. I've seen multiple times players do /server GLD-1 to play GLD and they've held that lobby for over 4+ hours without a NPC with people leaving and joining. I think there is still a decently active community and the game never did awful and had a low count such as other MIN games (Snake, Sneaky Assassins). I think there definitely still is a community loyal for gladiators and would love for it to be brought back.

Posted Aug 10, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 10, 2019
  10. Gladiators was really fun! But now there is a lobby gladiators and a mixed arcade gladiators, but I wan't the original gladiators back as well. It as one of the most popular games in my opinion and it would be a great addition back into the server.

Posted Aug 10, 2019
  11. I'd love gladiators coming back.
    p.s Chiss resigned a while back.

+1

Posted Aug 19, 2019
  12. Gladiators probably won't make a comeback unless Mineplex has a massive spike in player count which may or may not ever happen

Posted Aug 25, 2019
  13. I'm comfortable with this argument. Although I may not like the way it played out, I thank everyone for adding to the conversation.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 2, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.