• 683 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5235 Players Online
  • 4552 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Bring Back Team Deathmatch

Discussion in 'Combat Games' started by RioRioBeast, May 12, 2019.

?

Should They Bring Back Team Deathmatch

1. TOTALLY

28 vote(s)
    84.8%
  2. No, get over it.

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Just please bring it back :(

Posted May 12, 2019
    Starx280 likes this.
  2. Hello there,
    I was never really an avid player of TDM, honestly I was pretty bad at the game. But, I recognize that the game was incredibly popular and definitely attracted a very broad player base. Although TDM is highly sought after, champions, a game with similar kits, is still here. I understand that they are two different game types but I honestly see why TDM was removed. If you still want to experience the gameplay, I'd recommend playing champions; it's very similar. :)

Posted May 12, 2019
  3. Hey!

I used to play TDM quite a bit back when it was on the server. While I miss it quite a lot, I don't believe adding it would necessarily improve Champions on Mineplex. The Champions category already has two very good game-modes [CTF and Domination], however, these game modes typically struggle to fill up during weekdays. I believe adding TDM would only split the current Champions community between three game-modes instead of two; not very efficient at all. Despite being a very fun game mode, I don't believe adding it to the server would improve the network overall or significantly influence players to play more Champions.

Posted May 12, 2019
    Snvy likes this.
  4. First and foremost, I would like to clear a small issue up. Team Deathmatch was a subcategory of Champions, along with Dominate and Capture the Flag. To reiterate, Team Deathmatch is a part of Champions; Champions alone is not exactly a playable game mode, it merely encompasses the three previously stated games.
    @Arcrean summarises my thoughts perfectly. The player count for Champions is already dwindling, and Team Deathmatch returning would only disperse the player count even more. Moreover, this would only cause longer waiting times for Champions lobbies, which, on certain days and times, take quite some time to fill up.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Team Deathmatch and was heartbroken to see it go; however, the removal of it made sense at the time. Unless there are compelling reasons to bring the game mode back, perhaps adding a twist of some sort or a sudden spike in demand, for example, then I personally cannot foresee TDM coming back.

On a different note, Dominate is an extremely similar game mode to Team Deathmatch, and it fills up relatively quickly compared to CTF lobbies. Besides the common differences, such as unlimited respawns and a point system, the game modes are respectively alike. If you want an experience comparable to TDM, then I would highly recommend looking into Dominate as a possible replacement.

Posted May 12, 2019
    Tours, Arcrean and SpitefulNick like this.
  5. I used to like TDM when it was out but preferred Dominate much more and didn't play TDM a lot. I'm 0 on bringing it back because I don't really see a need for it when it's hard enough to find champion games and there are a few MPS's advertised solely for TDM (meaning you could play there, just couldn't get achievements if you wanted it). Like Arcrean said it may split it up a bit more, but honestly it's harder to find a CTF game than either Dominate or people who miss TDM, so if it was added back then I'd suggest replacing CTF instead of keeping all three.

Posted May 12, 2019
  6. Unfortunately, just saying to bring back a game isn't going to bring it back to the server. The Champions community has decreased dramatically in size over the years. There are already two Champions game modes, plus Clans, that are live on the server currently and even those games have struggles with getting enough players online to start a game. I really don't see Team Deathmatch returning unless something crazy happens and the Champions community increases in size to what it once was which is unlikely to happen.

I think it was appropriate to remove TDM over the other Champions games because it was tailored to more advanced players. It was more complicated for newer players that weren't used to the kits compared to Dominate and Capture the Flag. At the least, players are able to respawn in those games rather than being killed off and having to wait for the next game to start. Personally, when I was first learning about Champions kits, TDM was a turn off because I wasn't able to practice enough before being killed. I also agree with Snvy that DOM and TDM are just too similar for a need to have both live on the server and taking in players from the other.

In the end, the game had a very specific target audience on the network and less and less players were playing it. It's definitely unfortunate that it had to go and some players miss it, but it makes sense in the grand scheme of things.

Posted May 12, 2019
  7. TDM needed a huge revamp anyways since it was very stale and not that worth playing.

In order to bring it back, champions needs a decent update which can bring the community back as a whole.

Posted May 26, 2019
  8. I personally don’t think it will come back. I hadn’t really played it but I do know a lot of people who did. There are some games similar to TDM but I don’t think it will be back.

Posted Jun 11, 2019
  9. I agree with what @_H2O has stated but would like to add on the fact that you can play discontinued games such as TDM on MPS'. I've personally hosted an MPS before with a couple of my clans teammates and we had a lot of fun playing TDM as a way to practice and show off our skills. I find it sufficient for me to be able to play TDM on an MPS with others, if in the future the champions community sees an increase in popularity then by all means I am in for the return of TDM. But for the sake of the server, it's enough that I can play it on an MPS with others.

Posted Jun 20, 2019
  10. Seeing the results, there's an interesting contradiction here. Looking at the poll, the majority of people voted to bring it back, but those that have been vocal about it either don't want it to come back, or don't think it's necessary.

I think what's going on here is people DO want to see it come back, but the server is just not in the appropriate condition to do so.

Posted Jun 20, 2019