• 349 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2928 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Bring back Skyfall

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by NoHacksJustGavin, Jan 6, 2020.

?

Should Skyfall return?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    72.7%
  1. Hello everyone! So I realize that Skyfall was removed due to a lack of players because of 1.9. Well, I have found the perfect solution to bring it back:

Instead of having elytras, how about sneaking to fly. This means that you would have to sneak in order to fly around at the direction you are looking. Bringing back this game would have the same kits, and sneaking to fly would go for every kit.

Any thoughts?

Posted Jan 6, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 7, 2020
  2. Personally I would not like to see Skyfall back. I felt like the game was made as an experimental game to test the new elytra feature. Without the elytra feature, Skyfall is basically Survival Games. Re-adding this game could split the Survival Games player base, and overall I do not think this game will attract enough players to start games. -1

Posted Jan 6, 2020
  3. Hey there!

Although I understand that you may have enjoyed Skyfall in the past with the elytra, I don't think it should come back.

Skyfall was made for elytras, and although the crouching would potentially work as a solution, I just don't think it would have the same effect. The best way I can put it is crouching to fly around just sounds kind of underwhelming, and I don't think players would enjoy the spectacle of flying if they no longer have wings.

It will have to be a -1 from me, unfortunately. Have a good day!

Posted Jan 7, 2020
  4. Ok. I made it so that you could sneak to fly towards the direction you are looking.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 7, 2020
  5. I was. A fan of Sky fall but @Vytas has a point

Posted Jan 7, 2020
  6. I'm going have to disagree with bringing back Skyfall because I don't see a lot of players were playing on 1.9. I prefer to play Minecraft in 1.8.9 because of the PvP combat is better than the newer one. Yes, I used to play Skyfall the first time three years ago, but I found out that this game doesn't appeal to me that much. The suggest regarding fly by sneaking might not going to work.

Overall, I'm going have to disagree with bringing Skyfall back. -1

Posted Jan 7, 2020
  7. You know, I honestly loved skyfall so much, it was such a unique and fun game that although it wasn't incredibly big, every game was always fun. Yes, it's in 1.9 but that doesn't mean the pvp is in 1.9 if I recall correctly, this is because of Mineplex having their own custom pvp. This being said, I'm sure people would play in 1.9 if that would allow them to play the game. To be fair, I would say that skyfall teams should not come back because filling up a lobby of 24 would take more time than getting a lobby of 12 players.
    With the point made about skyfall taking players from SG, I don't agree because it's more relatable to skywars (considering the floating islands). Even so, people who want to play skywars will play skywars, nobody is forcing anyone to change their game to skyfall, it's only that skyfall is a fun and unique game that people should have the opportunity to play. Also, high level players will play Skyfall because of their general goal to complete all the stats and get "at least X amount of wins in all games" (forgive me if I'm wrong).
    For me, a big +1 for the second best game on Mineplex imo

Posted Jan 7, 2020
    SirSyrup7 likes this.
  8. As much as I would love to see an old game coming back, I would, unfortunately, say that there are too many issues and negative sides attached to bringing it back which makes it not really very good of an idea.

Firstly, the game was just a flop. It was intended to bring Mineplex back a bit but it never really succeeded as we focused more dev time on it. I guess it just wasn't what players wanted and was either too simple a concept or not close enough to what they were used to which was why most people didn't tend to play it.

The issue of it being 1.9+ is also massive. You just can't get elytra to work in 1.8 or below due to when elytra were originally added! This poses a big issue as a large proportion of the Mineplex community does play and run on 1.8

So for these two issues (and other issues), I would just say it's not a good idea and I would have to -1 it.

Posted Jan 7, 2020
  9. Hello!

I love the thought of this idea, and honestly I sort of enjoyed this game when it was playable. However, there many issues just like all stated above me. There are to many cons over pros in this situation which is why I am going to have to disagree with this idea.

Mainly, this game was not very popular during its days here. Players would just plain out not enjoy the game all together. This created a low amount of players play the game, and led to its deletion off of Mineplex. Players always had a problem with this game anyways. Mainly their issues being what version they play in, but there were also a lot more issues that led to the decision of taking the game off of Mineplex since there were so many issues and a lack of players would overall play the game. Just like stated above me several times, a majority of the players use a version that is below or 1.8. This creates chaos due to elytras not even working/added during 1.8 and below. So, that whole player count would not even be in question in playing the game or not. Seeing that they flat out could not.

Overall, when this game was released a lot of time was put into this game to fix all the problems with it. This idea has actually been suggested many times, and continues to get denied because of all these reasons. In the end, there were too many issues, and it was decided it was better to just get rid of the game instead of continuing to solve reoccurring issues in this game. Saying all of this, I will be giving this idea a -1.

Posted Jan 8, 2020
  10. I personally don’t feel it is necessary to bring the game back.
    Looking at all of the removed games Mineplex has previous had, I don’t think skyfall was the best. I think there are elements of SG an skywars in the game, but it just isn’t as fun as either of the gamemodes in my opinion. I also agree with what was said above, shifting to fly doesn’t really have the same appeal as using an elytra in my opinion.

Based on how the game ended up turning out and its 1.9 mechanics, I’d rather see Mineplex invest time into other things. If we were to bring an old game back, I’d rather see a game like castle siege come back. It was beloved by a large portion of the community and was one of Mineplex’s original games.

Posted Jan 8, 2020