• 518 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8956 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Bring back potatoes

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by jjzdragon, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Potatoes will forever be superior to likes.

Posted Sep 18, 2019
    TooMuchXMas4You, AyyNick and Animalll like this.
  2. Haha! To be honest, I prefer likes. However, I would love to see potatoes make a return to the forums, maybe as another separate reaction. Maybe they can be a neutral symbol or just a reaction that means something like, 'Good idea or that's pretty cool'. Anyways, thanks for suggesting this and reminding me about potatoes. I hope they come back in some way.

Posted Sep 18, 2019
  3. Hey mate,

I miss potatoes!! They were a unique way to react to somebody's post/comment, and it would be nice to see them back. I agree with @Animalll that likes are better, in my opinion, they give a more of an informed reaction that is easier to understand. Some people (newer users) may be confused about what receiving a potato means, instead, when there are likes, they know that someone likes their post. Either way, it would be nice to see the implementation of potatoes on the Xenforo Mineplex forums, they're very nostalgic to the Mineplex community.

Posted Sep 18, 2019
    Animalll likes this.
  4. I'd really missed the potatoes on the forums. We used to have the little potato icon way back when we used Enjin way back. I love potatoes button on our old forums site, and I'd remember someone put one sentence "Leave a potato if I helped" or any words. Potatoes still consider a likes system, and I don't think they'd approve this idea. Personally, I don't mind if they bring it back or not.

That's an interesting suggestion you have! Other than that, keep up the great work!

Posted Sep 18, 2019
  5. Heyo!

Personally, I found this system very funny and a good way of letting somebody know you enjoyed their thread, but overall potato or not, it's basically the same thing. Potatoes were becoming an issue since a lot of people would end up begging for potatoes and taking them overall very far, but if this were to make a return, I wouldn't mind that much. As of now, I feel the "like" system is fine where it's at right now, and doesn't need a change of scenery. Hopefully this helped!

Posted Sep 18, 2019
  6. Yeah I can definitely see why this change would be desired. I know back in 2015, potatoes were such a unique and nostalgic part of the forums that truly made us unique from other gaming forums out there. It definitely brought a lot of character to the forums as well and became part of the Mineplex culture. Who knew that a small cosmetic difference could be so impactful? At the time, I sure didn't. I honestly do not see a reason for why we cannot do this (unless it is impossible to code with Xenforo). Regardless, I feel like this is a small QoL change that could really bring a lot of nostalgia and character back to the Mineplex forums.

Posted Sep 19, 2019