• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9843 Players Online
  • 6953 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Bring back player choosing the game lobby

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by ThatsPlanePokey, Feb 12, 2020.

1. You know that mineplex has a somewhat new system for choosing game lobbies (ex. CW4-6) and it chooses it for you, well it can take what seems like forever sometimes and it is sometimes not worth the wait if you have to wait 5+ minutes. Ever since mineplex brought in that new automated system, I have HATED it. We need to bring back the old system where the server lets the player choose what lobby they want to play on. So if any staff members are seeing this, please try to address it and i would like to hear opinions on this because it is time to address this inconvenient and somewhat slow system. Although you can keep /nbg as that can be convenient if you want to join a new game after you are out of a game.

Posted Feb 12, 2020
    BDIZZ and SpyNinja__ like this.
  2. You still are able to choose which lobby for each game you join by doing /server CW4-1 (as an example). However, I disagree with bringing back the old system because the new system is way more efficient and gets games started quicker.

Posted Feb 12, 2020
  3. I personally prefer the new system, I don’t think bringing back the old system is the best idea.
    I originally agreed with your point, but when you look at it, the new system is actually much better. Sure with the old system you could join game lobbies instantly. But then you’d be waiting in the game lobby for an extremely long time for other players to join. Not to mention, it wasn’t guaranteed other people would join the lobby.

With this new system, it automatically merges game lobbies to create full ones. It also automatically puts people into one lobby, that way people aren’t waiting in empty game lobbies for the game to start. Sure you might have to wait in hub for a little bit, but it’s much better than waiting in empty game lobbies which may not even fill up.

Posted Feb 12, 2020
    Ruffybear likes this.
  4. Thread Moved to General Idea Discussion
    *Just thought I'd move it for you so you can get a broader range of response. Would add my own opinions to this but other players have represented my opinions fairly well so I won't waste your time by reading the same thing multiple times.*

Posted Feb 12, 2020,
    Last edited Feb 13, 2020
  5. When using the compass menu, you can right click the game. This opens up a menu with all currently active lobbies, allowing you to join and spectate partially full lobbies (that players may not be dumped into from the wait queue due to limited slots). If you do this, you will join the next game as a player once the match finishes.

Posted Feb 12, 2020
  6. no its not, its the opposite, it takes forever sometimes.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 12, 2020
  7. Ah, yes. I would love to be able to choose emptier servers when doing events and such. It’s just more convient, all in all. I second this!

Posted Feb 13, 2020
  8. the new system is crap. waiting for one game can take longer than FIVE minutes. I don't understand why you could call it better. you must just agree with the devs than. mods always disagree with the players .

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 13, 2020
  9. I love the new system! I play a lot of block hunt and ever since the new system was introduced games start so much faster and often a lot of people get added to the lobby when the game ends so a new game starts instantly instead of having to wait on players for 10 minutes. I don’t know during what times you play but whenever i decide to play cw i usually don’t have to wait more than 1-2 mins and i can leave lobbies with good people and don’t have to wait long to join a new lobby. I don’t understand either why you want to spread so much hate in your posts instead of just giving structured criticism.

Posted Feb 13, 2020
    glugging likes this.
  10. Hey!

I personally disagree. I felt that the old system was inefficient and it made games fill up much slower than they do nowadays. I think that we need to remember that Mineplex doesn't have a massive player base, so we need an automated queuing system to keep lobbies filling up. For example, it's pointless having 4/8 players in one lobby and 4/8 players in another lobby in Speed Builders, as neither games would start. However, if those two lobbies were combined a game would begin. I'd love to hear some of your ideas as to why you would like the old queuing system back, but for now, I'm going to leave a -1. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Posted Feb 14, 2020
  11. Old System was way better and most people will agree with me.

Now you get merged into Games/Maps you don't wanna play.

But they had to change it because of the low player count, so games fill up and start faster.

Posted Feb 14, 2020
    ThatsPlanePokey likes this.
  12. Hello,
    As others have stated, the new system actually makes getting to the start of the game quicker. It can seem like it takes longer, as you are waiting in the main lobby rather than the game lobby seeing the players join, but it truthfully makes no difference in start time. Truthfully, the new system is actually more efficient, as it can merge multiple lobbies with small amounts of people waiting into one full lobby in order to get you into your game quicker. I understand your concern, as it appears to be very slow, but you would be waiting the same amount of time, if not longer with the old system, just while running around in a different lobby. For these reasons, I will be marking this as Not Planned for the time being. If you have any other concerns about the newer queue system, you can put them below, as I will be leaving this thread unlocked. Have a nice day!

Posted Feb 16, 2020
  13. Hey-o!
    Like @Sickle stated, the new system is actually faster than the old one, as the game trys to put you into the most full lobbies. You will be in the main lobby for longer, but you will queueing into the actual game faster. Also, you get to chat to people in the main lobby while you wait! :D Win-Win for me.

Posted Feb 16, 2020