• 4096 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12534 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Bring back paintball!

Discussion in 'Super Paintball' started by HeyItsAdam, Sep 13, 2018.

1. I suggest to remove Micro Battles and replace it with paintball. Micro battles is easily to least played casual games, with, at the time of writing this, having a total of ten players. Paintball already has a super large community, with at least 500 players being active in it. The game would do a lot better than micro battles, I can almost 100% guarantee that.

Posted Sep 13, 2018
  2. noooooo i like microbattles :((

Posted Sep 13, 2018
  3. I like it too, but it makes more sense to have a game that has a larger community. It performed extremely well when it was in the classic cow, so it would do well here too.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 13, 2018
    Noah likes this.
  4. Why not have both? :thinking:

Posted Sep 13, 2018
  5. oof yes problem solved

Posted Sep 13, 2018
    _NoHaxJustCats_ likes this.
  6. I guess it could work, since there is an open spot at the casual games 'cave'.

OP OP
    _NoHaxJustCats_ and Noah like this.
  7. Would make the most sense to remove Micro Battles, but I think too much people still love it, especially the PrestonPlays community, so I don't really know.

Posted Sep 13, 2018
    _NoHaxJustCats_, Noah and HeyItsAdam like this.
  8. I don't really like the idea of removing Micro Battles in favor of Super Paintball. If Paintball were to be added back and a game would be removed in its place, I don't think MB would be too great of an option since that game has a fairly decent player base (in numbers) at least from what I've witnessed.

Besides, I don't think any of the games that are currently removed will make a comeback. Granted, we don't know for sure, but there's a high chance they won't be coming back. I did enjoy paintball but at least it's not completely removed (you can access it via Mixed Arcade).

So in all honesty, in my opinion, if Paintball were to be added back, I don't think we should remove Micro Battles.

Posted Sep 13, 2018
  9. I think they should not remove micro battles , they should remove dmt and replace it with pb.

Posted Sep 13, 2018
  10. Micro Battles almost always has the least amount of players whenever I'm on. I guess that depends on time, but still.

I've played paintball for quite a long time. If there is one game that can make a comeback, it is paintball. Despite it being gone for a while, it still has a very active player base. I know the largest clan has well over 100 players, and that's just one clan alone.

OP OP
  11. remove speed builders and put that in arcade maybe?

Posted Sep 13, 2018
  12. hey adam I 100% agree with you because the micro battles player base isn't too popular anymore and PB is really active for a +1.

Posted Sep 13, 2018
  13. I love Super Paintball n' all, but I would rather prefer Micro Battles over it. This is solely a personal preference because I simply like Micro Battles more. However, do take into consideration that Micro Battles does have a lower player count than other games because at the end of the day it still is an arcade game, and one of the only arcade games to be its own game. As you may or may not know, Super Paintball used to be its own game but due to lack of players/funding, it was merged back into mixed arcade. I think this would just repeat the entire scenario considering not much as changed since then.

Regardless, if it is brought back I don't think Micro Battles should be changed at all. It wouldn't hurt to give it a try and see how it goes, but it is all up to a certain group of people.

Posted Sep 13, 2018,
    Last edited Sep 13, 2018
  14. What do you mean by "only arcade game to be its own game"?

OP OP
    Baran likes this.
  15. It is one of the only games in mixed arcade to have its own separate game.

Posted Sep 13, 2018
  16. I guess so, but I wouldn't think that that would make its player count be so low, especially since Turf Wars is also in mixed but has a fair amount of players, more than MB. I understand that paintball was removed for cuts, but I just think that it would have been smarter if that was MB that would be removed, since PB is much more popular I would say.

Thanks for your other suggestion, looking back on the replies, I think that it would be smarter to keep all games and just let this game fill in the open spot right now.

OP OP
  17. I think Paintball deserves to have its own portal but so does Micro Battle. MB has always been one of the most popular Arcade games since it was added. Yes, currently there aren't many people playing it, but that is more-so due to the fact that it's completely broken (literally). If you place a block down, that whole column of blocks just falls into the void. So I can understand not many people being interested right now.

If both could exist, that would be super nice.

Posted Sep 13, 2018
  18. can't even edit my original post and add in a second suggestion :(
    xenforo pls

OP OP
  19. Heyo!
    I'd have to disagree with the switch from Micro Battles to Paintball. Although the paintball community is "large" I don't personally think it deserves own game-slot. One reason being it would spark a huge argument on "why only bring paintball back" etc. Personally what I would like to see is instead of one-round paintball games they were to do 3 rounds in one game that way the people who enjoy paintball can still enjoy a few rounds without having to switch from server to server waiting for it to be available.
    Anyways It's been really interesting to read the feedback to this suggestion and who knows what the future holds.

~Happy Postings
    :mineplex:

Posted Sep 13, 2018
    HeyItsAdam likes this.
  20. I have to disagree with this as well. I'm not opposed to bringing Paintball back, but I don't think it would be received well if we removed one game to replace it with another. It's kind of along the same lines of what caused all these issues in the first place. Personally, I love both game modes and would be/have been disappointed to see them go. There's still a large player base for both games too, which is unfortunate since I presume they can't both be individual games. There's also the issue if we do bring back Paintball that other communities from other removed games would be upset since their game was brought back. It's just a tough situation and I feel like there's more negative than positive with bringing it back.

Posted Sep 13, 2018