• 1832 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10270 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Bring Back Old Team Names

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Aetheism, Sep 19, 2019.

1. I miss when the Terrorists were called [​IMG] It brings me and my brothers great displeasure when we no longer receive recognition

Posted Sep 19, 2019
  2. Hey there!

I believe the reason of why Mineplex chose to rename the Terrorists name to bombers was to eliminate any sort of racial segregation that the name Al'Jaha could cause.

Therefor, In my opinion (even though I liked the name Al'Jaha as well), calling the Terrorists ''bombers'' was the easiest way to not cause any trouble among Mineplex's society and keep the game as fun as it is.

Have a great day,
    Flame

Posted Sep 19, 2019
    Xukuri likes this.
  3. Thread Moved to Game Alterations

Personally, I am not a fan of this idea. The name was changed for a reason: we did not want any sort of segregation of any form to be apparant in the games that we have on Mineplex. I believe that having the name of the team remain Bombers is a good idea. While it is a small change, it can have a big impact on different groups of people. Because of that, we went and changed the name, as we want everyone to feel welcomed and enjoyed when playing.

Posted Sep 24, 2019
    Jocoe likes this.
  4. I agree with the above users. There is always a reason why things like this are changed, and I am sure it was the right choice considering the reason why it was changed. The name “Bombers” is a lot more suited for the game-mode, and it doesn’t at all affect game play, so I see no reason for it being changed back to the previous name. Of course I respect your opinion, but I’ll be disagreeing with this suggestion at this time.

Posted Sep 24, 2019
    Jocoe likes this.
  5. I do not agree with this suggestion. First off, I doubt most people know what that means and I think "Bomber" is much more self-explanatory, especially for newer players. The current name is also simple and easy to distinguish and I am not sure if this idea would benefit the game. In addition, the name you've brought up may cause drama and segregation, which is something we want to avoid having in a family-friendly server. Although I understand why you are advocating for this change, I believe the current name works just fine and don't see an immediate need for this to be implemented.

Posted Sep 24, 2019
    Jocoe likes this.