• 4063 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12501 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Bring back old classics mineplex!

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by EqsyLootz, Sep 16, 2018.

?

What games do you want to see back

1. Dragon Escape

60.9%
  2. Castle Siege

34.8%
  3. Bawk Bawk Battles

13.0%
  4. Castle Assault

21.7%
  5. Ultra hard core UHC

26.1%
  6. Heros of gwen

34.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Over the years mineplex has changed. Mineplex has added many minigames that we have enjoyed and removed many of them too. During my years of Mineplex i enjoyed most of my time but when Mineplex removes some of my favorite old games well not to good. Lots of you guys may agree with me but i think Mineplex needs to bring back 6 main games 2 classic games 2 intermediate games 2 hardcore games here is my list...

Classic Games! Lots of classic games include some fun easy games mainly for entertainment that dont require to much pvp skills some may include: Turf wars Mixed Arcade and Master builders. Those games do not need pvp skill mainly building, archery etc. a few games i liked back then that i think deserve to go into classic are...
    first off Dragon Escape... I loved parkour back then and i still do now just not as much. DE used to be a poppular game even with mineplex more or less dead backthen with 44+ players. I think it deserves its own classic game as it is entertaining and great for people who want to practice parkour. The second Classic game i want back is Castle Siege. For those who never played it i loved it quite entertaining but it was laggy and needed a few people to play but other then that the game was fun. Undead vs Human. With mineplex as it is now maybe limit the max players to 30 or 40 for a game. Hope you guys agree with my classic games i want back now for the intermediate

Intermediate games: intermediate games are old classics that require pvp to become good at it not all of them require pvp but most of these games were: Survival games an old Classic, Skywars, Speed Bridges etc. Many of them i enjoy like Cakewars but in the old mineplex days here were a few games i liked that were entertaining that i think deserve to come back as intermediate games... First of all Castle assault. Although Castle Assault was a difficult game it was still very fun and it deserves to be back. In the game there were 4 Non gem payable classes. Tank,Archer,Fighter and i forgot the other one but it was a 8v8 game with chests for loot where you grab a tnt and need to destroy 2 crystals that allows you to kill the king there fore winning the game. I <3d this game and a few other people too bring it back Mineplex!. The Second game that deserves to come back is BBB although alot of you may not agree with me and maybe BBB could be classic and Castle siege could be intermediate but i liked BBB alot. Real enjoyable to play with friends. although it is still in Mixed arcade and it is similar to the new nano games i think it deserves a second chance on becoming a game again. On to the HardCore games

Hardcore games were games for real expirenced players. Lots of those games include champions, Bridges and Minestrike (All MCL games) Although it was not full on pvp they are fun challenging non vanilla pvp games that require mainly skill and communication to play (or not) but anyway the 2 games that i think deserve to be added to the hardcore menu are... First off all i hope alot of you guys will agree with me it is UHC (Ultra hardcore) Ultra hardcore (Lots of you guys have played it i think) was real fun, although only 3 or 4 games happend each day it was still real fun to play and like if the game is gone WHY DO THEY STILL HAVE THE ACHIEVEMENTS!!! (mineplex *sigh*) but moving on the game was fun and challenging *sarcasm* for most good pvpers out there. Second of all Heros of gwen. I personally liked heros of gwen even if i did not play loads of it as it was a non vanilla pvp game where you needed to kill the other teams wither (similar to castle assault) to win. One reason why i think it should come back is why does mineplex still have the chests if the game no longer exsists! except in MPS. whats the point of buying the cosmetics of a non playable game? So mineplex bring it back

To conclude I hope lots of you guys agree with bringing back lots of these games here. Feel free to vote down below on the or all the games you would like Mineplex to bring back. I hope developers do read this and please as i said bring these 6 games back!!!

Posted Sep 16, 2018
    chocochunk likes this.
  2. You forgot OITQ and Bomb Lobbers in the poll, among other things.

Achievements were kept because stats of the deprecated games were kept. Deprecated games can still be played in the Classic Cow and you can still go for those achievements if that's what you want to do. Removing stats / achievements from the games would just be a further strike against players who enjoyed those games.

Posted Sep 16, 2018
  3. I'm not a big fan of this idea.

In regards to adding back the games that you have listed, this would defeat the whole purpose of the update which removed them in the first place. These games lacked popularity, servers for these games weren't filling up and were pretty much sitting there doing nothing. Even though the popular viewpoint is that it's just a block game server, Mineplex is a business and will always have to run like one, first and foremost. They were putting money into these empty servers, to which I agree, isn't the most sensible thing to carry on doing as it is a waste.

This change allowed them to limit the amount of games that they work on. The money that they were using for the empty servers can now be put towards updates for games that the community do play, in addition to other projects, whatever they may be. The team of people who made this decision didn't just wake up one day and say "hey, let's upset the very few people who still play these games", there wasn't much else that could be done and it had to be done for the network's sake.

Crash is correct. The classic cow is a feature that allows you to play a mix of removed games and arcade games. The way it worked in the past was that the community would get an option of different games to vote on in the discord. The community would then get to play the most voted game for a week. This feature has been removed at the moment, however, it is public knowledge that it will be making a return in the future once a better system for it is worked out.

Posted Sep 17, 2018
  4. Yeah i definitly agree with you Crash i was just putting my idea out there and it would be awesome if all these games were given a second chance as Nano games in my opinion Mineplex is running out of ideas so they should bring back some real old classics. Maybe even those i did not put up!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 17, 2018
  5. Were is the love for Death Tag :'(

Posted Sep 17, 2018
  6. Autumn Please note this is all my opinion you can post your opinion too in chat everyone can but death tag is currently being replaced by the nano game Zombie survival even though it was always here but this is only my opinion btw

OP OP
  7. I wasn't attending for my comment to even remotely attack anyone's opinions on this subject.

Also you could say that with a lot of the mini games in mixed arcade. All Nano Games is, is a shorter version of mixed arcade which took the ideas from the games that are now in mixed arcade and made mini versions of them which i love a lot! Most of the games in mixed arcade weren't really to my liking so I'm all for this new game. Though I truly don't like what they did with zombie survival it removed what made death tag fun in the first place but if they at least gave the humans regen i would be fine with it. Okay as you said all of this is just opinions and i respect everyone's right to voice it. Thank you for reading! <3

Posted Sep 17, 2018
  8. We'll look into readding them back in a way you can earn stats and achievements in them again (where games still start), but they won't be highlighted with the rest of the games like the use to be.

Posted Sep 17, 2018
    joshbet9 likes this.
  9. Wdym by that t3hero

Posted Sep 17, 2018
  10. It's a no, they arn't coming back in the same way all the current minigames are laid out.

Posted Sep 17, 2018
  11. Ok, thanks for the clarification, Also, please can you check out my thread I cant rlly play mineplex without being kicked

Posted Sep 17, 2018
  12. Hmmm im wondering what you will add T3hero im excited to see what will happen next

OP OP
  13. Yes! I think this is a great idea. Maybe for 1 day bring back the classics. But I would not see the need to bring them back permanately. People would join for a day or two, then the servers would be dead like before.

Posted Sep 19, 2018
  14. True maybe there can be like a server where the minigames change every week or so with a blend of the classic minigames indeed

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 19, 2018
  15. While I and a lot of other players would like to see our favorite games come back, it isn't going to happen. Unfortunately as you can see t3 has denied this idea. Like he said we will be looking into a way to allow you to earn stats and achievements but they won't be fully brought back with the current minigames. We do have the Classics Cow which was removed in the previous lobby update, but will be coming back, where you can play your favorite removed game. We are looking into a better system for the Classics Cow and if you have any ideas on how we can improve it, feel free to make another thread.

Idea denied, thread locked.

Posted Sep 19, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.