• 717 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10313 Players Online
  • 9596 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Bring Back More Mixed Arcade Games

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by RiotRealm, Jul 7, 2021.

?

Which of these games should make a return?

1. One in the Quiver

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  2. Gladiators

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  3. Dragon Escape

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  4. All of the above

16 vote(s)
    84.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. The title is self-explanatory, bring back the rest of the mixed arcade games. There would be far more positives than negatives.

Reason One:
    It doesn't require too many resources.
    These games are already complete, meaning they won't require really any resources. Maybe to fix a few bugs but some games like oitq are already good the way they are.

Reason Two:
    It would make the community happy
    Mineplex's goal should make its player base satisfied with their updates which they did this past update by updating their most popular game and rereleasing Bomb Lobbers.

Reason Three:
    It WILL be a success
    Looking at bomb lobbers and how it has been a nice success for Mineplex and its community, everyone was happy with its return and it gives us a fresh game to play while we wait for our next update.

Reason Four:
    It has been done before
    These games have already been re-released, and they did well, as well as played well. Not too many bugs.

Why Each Game Should Come Back:

Quiver:
    If any game deserves to be re-released most it is one in the quiver. I have seen so many people say they want it back and it is the least buggy, even less than bomb lobbers. It is also a very unique and fun mode and I would say this as well as gladiators are my two personal favorite games on Mineplex.

Gladiators:
    Mineplex needs a hardcore PVP mode just to appeal to that community. CCs duels mode has done very well and so would gladiators. The only 2 big bugs on gladiators are map bases. The game would just break on the city map and just stop, and on that map, with the emerald doors, they wouldn't open so it would TP you. Overall this was a really fun game because as the game went on, your opponents would only get better which would challenge you making the game really fun imo.

Dragon Escape:
    This game was made for pocket edition so obviously, it would need to be reworked a little. The maps would need to be bigger and the leap would need to be changed to what we have on dragons (bomb lobbers needs this as well). Overall the game wasn't really buggy, just make maps bigger and align the data points with them (if that's how that works).

Overall the community would really be happy if these games returned. The smartest way to add these games back would be between updates so it would give the player base something new and refreshing to play while we wait for our next update.

Posted Jul 7, 2021
  2. I remember once for some reason there were 3 players left at the end of a gladiators game so nothing happened and I had to quit, but that could be easily fixed and overall this would be a good re-addition if it wouldn't take much time e to re-impliment and would satisfy the commu ity. This would be great for and update next year, as we already got kne this year and we can't have bpeoples standards set real high for updates

Posted Jul 7, 2021
  3. its all down hill from here lol
    But yes in the future i would like gladiators back

Posted Jul 7, 2021
    RiotRealm, CatFan105 and StyxKiller03 like this.
  4. I agree 100%. Adding games brings more variety. It gets boring playing the same games over and over again. I do think some games like glads and dragon escape could get a revamp though if brought back. I could see OITQ being brought back with no updates and do just fine. However gladiators and dragon escape are both quite dull and too straight forward. Gladiators could work well as a lobby game as it is for java, and adding more parkour and more maps for DE might attract more players as well.

Posted Jul 7, 2021
    VoidNnja and RiotRealm like this.
  5. Thats what im saying, all of these games appeal to very different groups of people which is good because it provides great variety and will attract players too

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 7, 2021
    xstr4fiingx and StyxKiller03 like this.
  6. Ik we don't get very many updates but we'll still get a Halloween and Christmas update. I swear they only update the server for events (Halloween, Christmas, 5 year anniversary) seeing as our last update before the 5 year anniversary was Christmas and the last large one before that was Halloween lol

Can only hope things get better, in the mean time I've been enjoying this current update

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 7, 2021
    CatFan105 likes this.
  7. One In The Quiver is one of those games where I feel like hackers aren't a problem. You can win even with them there, and because the maps are so big there's plenty of space for everyone to be spread out which is just awesome and makes hacks useless in the game. Personally my favourite was gladiators, but OITQ was my second favourite for sure. There is those 2 bugs which you stated. I can get over the emerald ore one because it still tps you over, the city map though is completely broken though so they would definitely need to fix or remove that map before rereleasing gladiators. Dragon escape was fun but incredibly boring imo. Same few maps every single time and the game is overall very easy, so I'd like to see some new longer maps.

Great thread Riot! I really do hope the other Mixed Arcade games come back

Posted Jul 8, 2021
    CatFan105 and RiotRealm like this.
  8. Hello!
    I don’t really play on Bedrock, so I’m not sure how popular these games were/are, but I definitely agree with adding them back if that’s what a lot of players want! I think it’s always good to add more games as it gives more options to players who prefer different types of games. Overall, I think this is a good idea and don’t really see the harm in adding them back if people are willing to play them.

Posted Jul 8, 2021
  9. Originally, the Mixed Arcade games were removed by OneThousand (I believe) because they were very buggy, some bugs of which you outlined in your post. From what it sounds like, the development team at the time was happy with bringing back the games some time down the line, but only after all of the bugs would get fixed.

I'm really glad Bomb Lobbers is back, the game is great and I know tons of community members wished for it.

Other games will hopefully be brought back at some point. However, they need to have major revamps. As gyroninja is the only front-end Bedrock developer, it will take him a while to do all of this. For now, though, I'm sure we're all ecstatic BL is back and can only hope the others will be brought back soon after! Who knows, maybe with the new Bedrock developers coming soonTM according to AlexTheCoder, they might take on another MIN game to bring back - or focus on fixing the games that currently exist to make the server better that way.

Posted Jul 8, 2021
  10. Yes bring it back.

Posted Jul 21, 2021 at 10:15 PM
  11. Yes Carlos! Bring it back!!! Thank you for further enlightening me to continue my long journey in attempting to get these games brought back!!! Preciate it Carlos!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 21, 2021 at 10:51 PM
    Carlos likes this.
  12. Totally agree! Gladiators was one of my all time favorite gamemodes back in the day besides microbattles. I'm glad to see its in the lobby, but its just not the same without the new opponents and leveling up features.. Its too bad microbattles nor gladiators are played anymore. But lets have hope, you never know.

P.S. Microbattles is no longer played on Java, not sure about bedrock version though

Posted Jul 21, 2021 at 11:05 PM,
    Last edited Jul 21, 2021 at 11:13 PM