• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2325 Players Online
  • 2325 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

BRING BACK MIXED ARCADE

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Baymax, May 20, 2019.

?

Should they bring back mixed arcade?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. #BRINGBACKMIXEDARCADE :^)

I recently saw another thread related to Mixed Arcade and I read almost all the replies, and I want to try and get more attention towards the idea of bringing back mixed arcade, mixed arcade continues to be one of my favorite things to do on Mineplex. Since Nano Games was implemented, I guess the developers decided to devote more attention towards Nano Games. I also want to see more attention towards the topic, so what are all your thoughts on bringing back mixed arcade?

Thank you, just wanted to spark more thought for the community because I love mixed arcade lul

Posted May 20, 2019
  2. For the first few months of the butch queueing system, things were looking up. There was a spike in player count for quite a while and I thought to myself, "maybe Mineplex is actually going in the right direction." I take that statement back after seeing what Mineplex has become now. The player count dipped lower than before and the community was demanding the old queueing system back. I do not blame them, only popular games only ever fill up. OITQ may start on a weekend afternoon but that is barely enough to keep their player base entertained. Every game has a fan base, big or small and when their game is pushed back, the players will likely leave the server because it is no longer fun for them. Mixed Arcade is the game that needs an update really badly and butch should be abolished. The game voting system gave every game a chance to be played. If brought back, it should be 5 games in rotation instead of 3 so their is less probability players leave because none of the games do they enjoy playing.

+1

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted May 20, 2019
    Baymax likes this.
  3. I used to play the Mixed Arcade all the time. It is the only reason I am past level 50 haha. Day and night I would play it with my friends nonstop.
    Sadly the new Mixed Arcade only brings you into a game that already has players inside of it, and is not like how it used to be. It used to be like NANO, where it would rotate game to game at random. I havn't played a game of sheep quest in MONTHS, along with most of the games that are a part of the Mixed Arcade. I have seen countless players who wish to have the old system of the Mixed Arcade brought back to the server. I know personally I would be playing the Arcade a LOT more than I currently am.

+1 From me uwu!

Posted May 20, 2019
    Acerna, n8wes, Baymax and 1 other person like this.
  4. I also agree. Mixed arcade was loads of fun and I think it should've never been removed. Mixed arcade will attract more players because it's a fast paced type game, but also it doesn't have the issues with nano games, such as repetitive games in a row, or short game modes that get boring quickly.

Posted May 21, 2019
    Baymax and _Prof_ like this.
  5. I remember mixed arcade. Those were fun. I remember when I would be straight bullied by pros in minestrike, so I took a break to just play mixed arcade. So I am 100% on with this idea. +1

Posted May 23, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  6. I would love to see the old queuing system be brought back. I believe that the system would bring more players back to the server. On top of this I haven’t played some of my favorite games in forever because some of the games never have anyone playing. I would love to see the games get rotated at random like they used to. +1

Posted May 23, 2019
  7. I definitely agree. After not playing for a very long time, I got back on and saw no one was playing games like OITQ that I really loved. This had been the case many times before, so I had just gotten into a Mixed Arcade game and eventually I got into an OITQ game and many other games that never fill up on their own. But now, there's really no point in having those types of games as an option anymore because there's almost no chance of them being played, even in Mixed Arcade. I would absolutely love to see Mixed Arcade come back.

Posted May 23, 2019
    Baymax likes this.
  8. Hello!

The new Mixed Arcade system was introduced with the releasing of new Butch queuing more than 5 months ago. In my opinion, it doesn't work well with Butch and I'd agree that old Mixed Arcade system should be brought back in some way. Originally, when Nano Games were introduced, it supposed to be replacement of Mixed Arcade but most old players prefer to play old arcade games instead of new from Nano. The main problem of it that it almost not possible to play less popular arcade games as it almost never gets players.

Overall, I'll give a big +1 to it as I so missed and want to play my favorite arcade games again in random rotation!

Moreover, I'd like to bring my concept of how we can bring an old Mixed Arcade back. So, my idea is when we'll click an item to play all arcade games, instead of queuing to all 16 games, we will get an old server selection GUI for Mixed Arcade servers just like it was before and now how it works for Nano. I think it's the only way how to bring it back without touching Butch. I believe that players will enjoy that if it would be done.

Posted May 23, 2019
    Baymax, CowHatake and _Prof_ like this.