• 957 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4940 Players Online
  • 3983 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Bring back JR.DEV

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by ProMaster_, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Okay okay let me address this before hand.. JR.DEV's wont be paid. Why would people want to be a JR.DEV you may ask. As you may know there DEV's that hardly do anything and are worn up from helping MP. JR.DEV's can prove themselves in a 3 month trial and if they prove themselves they can be promoted to DEV. There wont be enough money to pay all these devs.. simply demote the ones that dont do anything or hardly put any effort in. JR.DEV will help code and bring out updates to Mineplex. They will be a great help even if they dont pass their trial and can re apply later on. JR.DEV will be a great way for DEVs to have a little buddy to help them work on updates at a fast rate. If JR.DEVs are a thing I can see updates happening every week. Also make them sign a NDA to prevent a leak of coding.

Posted Apr 19, 2019,
    Last edited Apr 19, 2019
  2. The problem is finding actual people for this roles able to complete it. It would be completely voluntary, and I’m pretty sure that if someone was interested in the Developer team (with payment), they would’ve joined or tried already. The aspects of people interested offering 3 months of no pay when they could just try and get the job by itself is small. So, -1, I don’t see this being used or helping the server.

Edit: also, if it’s “bringing back Jr.Dev” I’d like to keep in mind the reason it was removed on the first place (unbeknownst to me) while others reply

Posted Apr 19, 2019
  3. @Acerna brings up a very good point: Since it was removed, there was probably a solid & important reason they did so. As for bringing on coding interns under the title of Junior Developer, it may not be viable to choose to bring on interns instead of just hiring well-versed developers that have already proven via an extensive resume that they can adequately program for the network.

Posted Apr 19, 2019
  4. The only difference between JR.DEV and DEV was that JR.DEV wasn't full time where as DEV was full time like a real job. There was also a few other things that regarded the permissions such as JR.DEV not being able to test plugins on the dev server, etc. To my knowledge it was removed because an ex member leaked some code which caused a legal battle. To work for Mineplex he had to sign an NDA making what he did illegal.
    --- Post updated ---
    There has been talk in the past of adding it back and I honestly think this would be a perfect time especially for the bedrock version.

Also something I'd like to add to clarify a misconception. A lot of people think that JR.DEV was for younger ages (16) but this isn't true. You can be a developer at 16 but most 16 year olds have school preventing them from doing the job full time. This caused JR.DEV to have more younger kids within the program.
    --- Post updated ---
    So I think your opinion may change if you look at my post. JR.DEV and DEVS should have the same skill level as they can't get hired if they don't, it's just a matter of hours you can work. Now in regards to no pay that is ridiculous, if you are qualified you are underselling your self by working with no pay. Low pay you might consider though as you can use the experience as well as being able to say you worked for Mineplex (it looks good on a resume).

Posted Apr 19, 2019
  5. Heya!

So, this isn't a bad idea, but it can be exploited for Mineplex's own benefit. Say you have 3 JR.DEV's right, and with your 3 month trial, they work for free doing the same work as a paid DEV. After the trial you could simply demote all the JR.DEV's and accept more in the meantime and you have free labor and maximum benefit. See, this could be exploited and Mineplex will save money by hiring these JR.DEV's.

That's just my opinion.

~Maple

Posted Apr 19, 2019
  6. The only issue is what you just said is illegal, you can't not pay workers, there are laws for that.

Posted Apr 19, 2019