• 1563 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4796 Players Online
  • 3233 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Bring back Gem Fountain

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by LookItUpOnGoogle, Apr 13, 2019.

Tags:
?

Should the Gem Fountain be brought back?

1. Yes

2. Nah, no more mini-games.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. A few years ago there was this Fountain called "The Gem Fountain". People would put in gems and by the end of the week, if enough gems were thrown in, a special game mode would be out for the weekend. These can consist of things like OP Bridges (Spawn with enchantment table, bookshelves, etc). Playing this as a kid when amazing, and I don't remember why they ever removed it. Regardless, I loved the idea and the concept and I think it should be brought back. Just a thought.

-LookItUpOnGoogle

Posted Apr 13, 2019
  2. This might be a fun idea considering how many players have tons of gems that will never be used and the fact that a there is a use to extra gems with that. If this could be implemented I would love to see it!

Posted Apr 13, 2019
  3. Hey there!

Luckily, I was around when the Gem Fountain was a thing. I didn't see any reason why they would get rid of this feature, but unfortunately, they did. Because I have hundreds of thousands of gems lying around, I would love to spend it to help players try out a new game mode every weekend. I think bringing back the Gem Fountain would help prevent players from being bored, since they could try and aim for achievements, titles, etc. I'm curious to see how well this feature will be received by the community; personally, it can serve as a source of nostalgia as well!

Posted Apr 13, 2019
  4. I agree and disagree with this idea. I agree because i remember it being super fun to play on and it was an easy way for me to get rid of my gems, for something that i actually wanted. The games were always so unique and I loved being surprised each week on what the games gonna be.
    I kinda disagree with this idea being added because no one really donated gems anymore. The hype for it kinda stopped in the end and although I personally donated LOTS of gems, it never reached the goal anymore. So I wasted my gems for nothing & the fountain was just sitting there with no real use.

Posted Apr 13, 2019
  5. I agree that the Gem fountain should be brought back, but a few months ago another bbgf thread was in discussion, and it came to a standstill due to a lack of reward ideas. Also, I think it might take devs too long to code op games.

Posted Apr 13, 2019
  6. 2014 veteran here. Like many others mentioned, I'd love to see Gem Fountain return. I loved all the games they put up for play there, and it actually made me enjoy Bridges. I understand if it never comes back again, but I honestly really miss it too much to not feel a little giddy if it does come back.

Posted Apr 17, 2019
  7. The Gem Fountain was definitely one of my favorite features because not only did it help reduce my abundance of gems, but I also really liked the feature of OP games that came along with it. Granted, I understand as to why it was removed being that the games began to get extremely repetitive and the fact that people slowly started to lose interest resulted in a lack of donations. Maybe if there was a twist in regards to rewards or even the games that would be unlockable themselves, I could see it being a good addition since it’d be something new and enticing. Otherwise, it would eventually lead to the same outcome that it had the first time around.

Posted Apr 17, 2019,
    Last edited Apr 17, 2019
  8. I remember this! I would always look forward to OP games and I would play with my friends! I don't know whether this would bring people back or just reduce the player amount in regular games though...

Posted Apr 17, 2019
    HeyItsTay_ likes this.
  9. Weekend brawls / the gem fountain were good, but I’m pretty sure it died or something and was just removed for that reason. I think an idea like the gem fountain would be great to bring back, just maybe not adding brawls back and perhaps something else. As for what that is I’m not too sure. Maybe bring the games back if a gem goal is met, but for only one/two weeks every month?
    This way, devs would have enough time to code and possibly create the new reward twist.
    Also, having the gem donation thing be over a larger time period would up the chance of bringing the game back for that time period.

Posted Apr 17, 2019
  10. With all the new minigames added I feel that maybe editing some of the other games and putting them into a new type of Gem Fountain would be a great idea. If the problem is the "dying out" or the "lack of gems donated" then here's an idea that I think might work. Call the fountain, "Sam's Fountain". We all know Sam the Slime, a source of shards for some of us. Every 2 weeks let "Sam's Fountain" appear. When his fountain appears, let there be an event quest to fill his fountain. The event quest will have to be for all games such as killing X amount of players or playing X amount of games. If X amount of players complete the challenge, then the game will be there for the weekend. Just a thought.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 19, 2019
  11. The Gem Fountain was cool during its time, not gonna lie. I think its time has passed since there are less players and no one really wants to just donate gems. The only way I could see this happening is to give some sort of cosmetic-related incentive for donors. Overall, I'd like the Gem Fountain to return, but in a different way. +0.5

Posted Apr 19, 2019
    Acerna likes this.
  12. I'd certainly like to see the Gem Fountain return. However, I think we should discuss more about what could make it better if it was to return. As others said, players stopped donating gems to it, though I'm not exactly sure why. Maybe players ran out of gems but that seems unlikely. I know a lot of players started to get bored because it was a rotation of the same games over and over. That could very well be the reason it died off and was subsequently removed. I think it would take some suggestions on how to improve it in order to bring it back rather than just saying it should return. The development team couldn't produce new games every week though, so it would have to be a different concept than it was when it was first released.

Posted Apr 19, 2019
  13. My ideas to improve the Gem Fountain:

Leaderboard. Top players get X amount of shards/chests. Would help popularity and be a huge thing to work toward.
    New Games like OP Survival Games. Add enchanted and improved item jobs into survival games as a game itself.
    Achievements! Have some achievements for Gem Fountain to earn more gems or gain items.
    Cosmetics. Such as the Valentines game where you could gift people Shards/Gems, do the same for the fountain!
    Double Rewards if the Gem Fountain got so many Gems.

Just some suggestions. Let me know what you think.

I appreciate the feedback this thread has gotten. Thank you, everyone!

OP OP
  14. First off, you have very great taste in music. Jake Hill and Josh A are an awesome duo.

Okay, so firstly why was the fountain even removed? If it was removed I do have to assume it was done for a reason, I think it would be to much of a hassle to re-add something that is pretty pointless, the devs are busy working on other things.

Posted Apr 19, 2019
  15. Josh A and Jake Hill are amazing.

The reason why this should be brought back is for a few reasons.

1. OVERLOAD OF GEMS, it feels like we're getting them for no reason at this point. There is no longer something to work toward with gems, causing some players to quit.

2. Games. Although there are many fun games on Mineplex, it tends to be repetitive. With constant hackers or just dried out gameplay; It would be fun to see something new OR something improved.

3. Playerbase. Gem Fountain was huge back in the day and attracted a bunch of players. Although I can't give you the number I wouldn't be surprised if it was a few hundred. With the Gem Fountain, it isn't just something new, it's something to meet new people.

OP OP
    NovaDoesMC likes this.
  16. Wassup!
    I can agree and disagree with this point. Let's start with why I agree. I agree because of the fact that is was really cool that the community could come together and unite as one to try and almost raise enough money, but in this case gems for a unique and fun gamemode to come out on the weekend. Now on to why I disagree. The two reasons why I disagree is because back then Mineplex was hitting more players than what it is now (No, Mineplex is not dying). The other reason was stated above by @xJon where not a lot of people would donate to the gem fountain, so there would sometimes not even be the special weekend brawl gamemode.

Summary: I agree because the player base game together as one to have a weekend brawl. I disagree because not a lot of people donated gems and there aren't as many players on the network as there used to be (Mineplex is not dying).

- Alfredo

Posted Apr 19, 2019
  17. I personally really enjoyed the gem fountain, and found it a good way to get rid of all these excess gems that I had. However, while being an entertaining way to spend time, I don't really know if it should come back, or if it is going to come back. The main reason being is that the gem fountain lost a lot of its hype after a while. When it was first released, it was used a lot, but as time past less and less people donated to the fountain. I doubt that more people would donate to it if it were brought back. I personally would like to see it return, however I don't think that it will due to what was stated above.

Posted Apr 19, 2019
  18. I agree with the fact that if the Gem Fountain does return it would need an upgrade. My idea is that with the new minigames involved, and the excess gems that pretty much everyone has at this point, why not give it a shot? The thought of rewards and putting a spin onto already made games is something a lot of us would want. Regardless, it's just a suggestion. I appreciate the feedback from everyone!

OP OP
  19. I have tried out the Gem Fountain before about a few years ago. I think the reason why they removed Gem Fountain due to several reasons that were discontinued. I want to see that will return to the server because I have way too many gems that I earned from Carl, Sam, and some of the games I played. Unfortunately, it is impossible to bring back the Gem Fountain. Plus, this may take the Dev’s time to modify the changes as well.

Posted Apr 19, 2019
    HeyItsTay_ likes this.
  20. Now in this regard I can see why it would be added, I personally didn't really mess with it ever so I didn't know there was even people that grinded/used it? To be honest I still don't even know how it works lmao.

Posted Apr 19, 2019