• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8834 Players Online
  • 5944 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

bring back game rewards

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Butterfl1, Jun 30, 2020 at 2:29 AM.

1. You used to be able to get gadgets and old chests, rarely ancient chests from playing games. They should re add this to provide more incentive for playing games (Current incentive is shards, gems, and xp which gets boring pretty quickly). If they do bring this back, they should make mythical chests possible to earn from the game rewards, at a very low chance.

Posted Jun 30, 2020 at 2:29 AM
    ASkyHappy likes this.
  2. And while we're at it, they should add rank upgrades with a 1.25e-05% (1 in 8 million chance) from playing games. It would be a super big incentive with a super rare chance.

I meant to add this in the post ._.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 30, 2020 at 2:31 AM
  3. I honestly really liked back when playing games would reward gadgets and sometimes chests, but I don't agree with it being added back again.
    By being rewarded with treasure shards, players can then buy any chest they like.
    I personally like being rewarded with treasure shards more, as I can save them up for a while and buy high level chests, like Illuminated Chests. Giving out Illuminated Chests through playing games might be a bit too OP, even if it is a rare occurrence.
    As for making rank upgrades a possibility to find after games, while I do think that might help player count in games a bit, I personally would rather have them bring back rank upgrades in chests instead.

Posted Jun 30, 2020 at 2:38 AM
    oCassi likes this.
  4. Hey!

Interesting idea! To be completely honest I completely forgot about this feature of getting awards at the end of games. Here are some of my thoughts surrounding this:

Do I see the need for chests and ranks being given? No, not really. I agree with Emiliee's thoughts on it being both too overpowered while also seeing the shard currency as a much better alternative.

However, the idea of gadgets still being given out, I do like! This is due to the lack of sources in which you can unlock gadgets. The most common sources are like from old/ancient/mythical treasures as well as from purchasing 50 at a time in the cosmetics menu. Other than that, you can't really get more gadgets from other places. Then again, most people don't actively use their gadgets, and they just end up piling up, but certain ones such as fireworks and melon launcher are useable to grind for titles! From this perspective, I see some value in the possibility of winning gadgets at the end of games.

Overall, I'd give this idea a 0. I don't really see it as a way to incentivize people to play more games. But at the same time, having some gadgets as a reward could be cool, but again, not really necessary.

Let me know if you have any questions or comments!
    Thanks for sharing,
    ~ Bobert / Erik

Posted Jun 30, 2020 at 2:55 AM
  5. Hey dude.
    I totally agree with this idea. Back when game rewards were a thing, I always looked forward to see what I was going to get. Maybe you could also get Carl Spin Tickets or even Mythical Chests?
    However, I don't think Rank Upgrades are a good idea. I think they should just stay in Mythical Treasures so that the rank upgrade rarity stays the same.
    Overall, I don't know why they were removed, but they should be bright back.
    +1

Posted Jun 30, 2020 at 10:45 AM
  6. I agree
    with that idea
    it sounds like a actually usable idea

Posted Jun 30, 2020 at 11:04 AM
  7. Yo!

I see why you would want this idea added back but it'd be better for it not to. A lot of players complain that they have too many chests and with people grinding games, they'd get a lot of chests and never want to go through all of them. The only way to prevent this problem from occurring is to add a way to open your chests you have in a quick manner, which probably won't get added in a while. Players get a ton of shards too while playing games so what is the point of getting chests?

Another big problem with this is the fact that if there were chests, gadgets, and ranks you can potentially get from games, a lot of people would just farm the game with their friends to easily get the best stats that game and (probably) the best rewards. So because of that, if this ever were added, chests and ranks shouldn't be allowed to be given out. Gadgets, I'm fine with. They don't really benefit you but they are fun cosmetics to use while you're in the lobby or waiting for a game to start!

Overall, again, I see why you would want this added but there would be too many issues following it's implementation. Anyways, thanks for the suggestion!

Posted Jun 30, 2020 at 11:44 AM
  8. I think it would be nice to add some game rewards back to the server. Personally, I think the game reward system previously gave rewards way too often and were often useless gadgets that everyone had thousands of already. I'd rather see more valuable prizes more rarely than useless prizes more often. It would be cool to see some exclusive game reward cosmetics that you can earn randomly by playing games. It could really separate the dedicated players that are constantly playing games on the server from the new players or players that only come on occasionally. I know there are a lot of players that already have all of the cosmetics that are currently live on the server, so it could be something interesting to try to achieve new and more exclusive ones. The only part I disagree with is that ranks should be added as a chance. I think ranks are better left to the shop or if you do receive a Mythical chest as you included as a suggestion, you already have a chance to gain the rank. While it's rare, it would technically already be possible to get Titan rank (assuming that is still a thing since no one has really mentioned a change but I haven't seen anyone get it for a long time).

Posted Jul 3, 2020 at 4:27 PM
  9. This sounds like a really cool idea. I think this would encourage more people to play games. Additionally, I think that this would help stop gem inflation, which also good.

Posted Jul 3, 2020 at 5:13 PM
  10. Hey!

I love circling back to discuss the past mechanics of Mineplex and while I think most of the comments above are valid I would like to take this chance to add in my own perspective.

First off, there are multiple claims above that state how the implementation of chests or other cosmetics rewards into the game rewards would be redundant as players already receive shards. I understand this argument as technically shards are extremely versatile and can lead to all of these treasures, however, from a casual gameplay standpoint, I can see a possible playerbase becoming irritated of getting the "same" reward message every time and little variation from game to game. New players seeing the set amount of xp, gems, and shards after every game could be struggling to match these rewards with a tangible in-game item and could find it more fun to get a random item instead of a number value. However, even if it appeals to players wanting cosmetics or seems to be fun at the moment, the implementation of these treasures into the economy simply by the grind of games could be problematic.

Overall, I like the idea of having some sort of random treasure as a game reward but the chance of good chests being dropped could make the regular purchase of chests irrelevant and too easy for players to come by rare cosmetics. Others above suggested that only gadgets be given as rewards but that is obviously not the main reason players would play a game and continues to seem like an insignificant reward to me. It feels like this idea would take a lot of adjustment as I am not completely opposed but it requires a fine-tuned reward system to not overbalance the economy and keep game rewards interesting.

Thanks for the post! +0

Posted Jul 3, 2020 at 7:03 PM
  11. I don't think having too many chests is a big issue. It is not inherently bad in any way. I do think it would be nice to instantly open chests though. I saw an idea awhile ago about selling chests for 25% of their value, so that could also help with this.

If we could get gadgets and chests during games, then we should get less shards for playing games.

I agree that ranks shouldn't be given out, but giving out chests should still happen. I think you should only be able to get Old and Ancient chests, so even if people grinding for rewards with their friends, they won't get anything too valuable.

I think the flaws you pointed out with this idea are valid, but not very hard to fix. I think this idea would help the game rewards system significantly.

Posted Jul 3, 2020 at 7:32 PM
  12. I think it would be pretty cool to see game rewards reintroduced! I like the idea of adding chest drops, although they would have to be pretty rare so that purchasing chests normally doesn't become obselete. I actually like @_H2O 's idea of adding exclusive game reward cosmetics too. It would be really interesting if there was a particle effect or morph, for example, that was only obtainable through playing games. It would have be an extremely rare drop though, but it could be a cool way for people to showcase their dedication and activity if they were lucky enough to get it.

Overall, I'd like to see a game reward system reintroduced, but this time I think rewards should be considerably rarer so that it's more exciting when you actually do get a drop.

Posted Jul 3, 2020 at 9:18 PM
    Young_Inventor likes this.