• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Bring Back Classic Games

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by five4ths2, Jan 29, 2020.

?

Should the Classic Games villager return?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. Ehh...

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. No

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. Hiya!

So I have seen numerous forum posts about wanting old classic games to make a return to Mineplex. I believe about a year or so ago, there was a villager that had classic games available, so I don't really see why we can't have that added back. I, for one, have been wanting Castle Seige to return to Mineplex as I only played that game since when it first came out. Obviously, the reason it was removed was due to the lack of players as it needed a very large number to be playable. And this is true for some other classic games as well. I think a simple fix would be adding that villager back. New players could try the classic games, and the old players would be able to play some of their favorite classic games when they please. I think this is a really simple fix and should be added back soon!

Posted Jan 29, 2020
  2. Hey there!

I would love to see Castle Siege make a return but like you said we have a lack of players. Even if we add a NPC menu, there still might not be enough players to actually begin a game. If you really wanted to play these games, you can always play them on your MPS. Also can you please define classic games?(Exactly what games.)

Thanks! I am not totally for but not totally against this idea so +0 for now.

Posted Jan 29, 2020
  3. I think you're referring to the classic cow. This has been brought up before. Some games were already implemented into the mixed arcade and not all, but some are available to play in a MPS. I get what you mean by bringing back other classics, but as of right now, I don't really think that it's the best decision, as I don't think it will go too well. The more player demanding games may be too hard to fill up as well. As of now, I think it isn't a whole not necessary, unless some classic games are released individually? Popularity does play a huge role in this.

Posted Jan 29, 2020
    QuietMyChild likes this.
  4. Hey!

I see where you are coming from but I personally disagree. When the classic cow was first released it was massively popular, but it died out super quickly. I think that we need to remember that games were removed for a reason. Whether it was because they were uninteresting, buggy or the player count required to start the game was too high, there is always a reason why a games player count drops, causing its removal from the network. I think that readding removed games even for a limited time will be useless because as we have seen previously with classic cow, they will die out very quickly. I think that re-implementing a feature that failed in the past for no reason won't work because trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is a futile exercise. I'm going to have to give this idea a -1, thanks for the suggestion though!

Posted Jan 29, 2020
  5. Gonna have to disagree with this because of the sole reason that you can already play these on your MPS.

Posted Jan 29, 2020
  6. I think this idea could work with a slight modification. I think it should be similar to weekend brawl where you have to fill the gem fountain to earn the game. If enough people fill the gem fountain then I think there would be enough people playing it. If the fountain is filled then it could be a different removed game every time.

Posted Jan 29, 2020