• 889 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6047 Players Online
  • 5158 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Bring back Christmas Chaos 1

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Tovarisch_Pepe, Nov 29, 2020.

1. I really think Christmas Chaos 1 should come back this year instead of Christmas chaos 2, for many reasons.

1. We've had Christmas chaos 2 for two years in a row

I remember we first got Christmas chaos 2 back in 2018, and it was available again last year. I think since we've had it two times in a row already, it's time for a change. Since they probably won't be revamping Christmas chaos, I suggest bringing back Christmas chaos 1.

2. The player count

Christmas chaos 1 had ten or so players (I don't remember clearly cause I haven't played it in a long time) while the second one only allowed up to 5 players. The problem with having so few players is that 9 out of 10 times, somebody will quit or die right at the beginning, leaving you with only four players. As the game progresses, more people will die leaving you with less and less teammates. You basically need to have an entire team of pros to win the game while in Christmas chaos 1 when somebody dies, it wasn't such a heavy blow to the team.

3. The challenges

I believe the challenges were a bit too difficult in the second Christmas chaos, especially the one where you had to dig through the wall while surviving wave after wave of spiders. I remember the spider spawn rate was unbelievable, most of the time you ended up fighting a billion spiders. That combined with the lack of players will more often than not guarantee your death. I know many people would say this is what makes it challenging, but IMO there is a huge gap between challenging and infuriating. As for Christmas chaos 1, I enjoyed all the levels as they were challenging enough to be fun, but not so difficult that it makes you want to smash your head on the keyboard.

4. The boss fight

I enjoyed the pumpkin king boss fight much, much more than the evil carl boss fight. I can't really explain why I like it more. I think the creeper boss fight got stale and boring fast while the pumpkin king fight felt fresh every time and was more fun and satisfying.

5. The environment

I feel like Christmas chaos 1 had a more cheerful and christmasy environment while the second one felt kind of depressing. I think this is partially because of the higher player count, which gave a much more exciting environment. The Santa voice-over also gave so much life into the game, no idea why they removed it.

6. The nostalgia

I think countless other people who've been playing since the start of this decade can agree with me on this. Christmas chaos 1 would bring back so many nostalgic memories of our childhoods. I still have memories of how fun it was fighting the giant and the snow monster with your comrades. Every time I watch youtube videos of Christmas chaos 1, I experience waves of nostalgia and sadness knowing I'll probably never experience them again. Especially this year with so much crap going on in the world, I think many of us would love to re-experience something special from childhood this holiday season.

In conclusion, that is why I think Christmas chaos 1 should be brought back this year instead of Christmas chaos 2. Keep in mind that this is just my opinion, and you are free to leave your opinions by replying to this thread.

Posted Nov 29, 2020
    Starx280, seethbeetz, andr3w and 2 others like this.
  2. I think this is a great idea
    +1 for it

Posted Nov 29, 2020
  3. Yes! Christmas Chaos is so much fun and such a classic. Some of my best memories on the server are playing Christmas chaos around Christmas time with my friends, 100% for this.

Posted Nov 29, 2020
  4. I agree, bringing back this would be amazing!

Posted Nov 30, 2020
  5. hmmmmm

Posted Nov 30, 2020
  6. I would love this to be a thing but sadly i don't think it will happen. I vaguely remember someone saying that they won't add Christmas chaos 1 back because they want to move on and not release old games ( don't take my word for it, maybe they said it for the Halloween event ) .
    I liked all of the past event games more , its just way more fun to play with 16 people rather than 4. And the challenges those events had are superior to the ones we get now.
    The dialogue as well these days just feels so lame, it sounds like a 2nd grader made it ,or like it was made for a 2nd grader.

Posted Nov 30, 2020
  7. sorry but christmas mode is on and i din't see it D:

Posted Dec 2, 2020
  8. Hey,

I'm not really that fond of the first CC. It's designed for 16 players while the newer one has been modified for smaller lobbies (which, in my opinion, gives individual players more control of the game's outcome). And personally, I would rather have something newer all together rather than simply reimplementing the 2015 version of the server's yearly Christmas game. That's entirely opinionated, though.

Regardless, @Moppletop (Sam) has been working on stuff for CC2 this year. Per his request, the Mineplex Discord server was given a specific channel for generating ideas and whatnot for this year's events.

Much hype!! :D

-Dan

Posted Dec 2, 2020
    Fusafez and ARareBlackBear like this.
  9. If they do this (which I really want btw), wouldn't it devalue the horse mount from around 2015 (idk the year). I guess they could do it without the pet, but would that give people an incentive to play?

Posted Dec 2, 2020
  10. I wholeheartedly agree! I had such great memories with this game. My friends and I would race each other to see who could beat the game fastest.

Posted Dec 2, 2020
  11. Christmas Chaos is still here... I don't exactly get what you mean? If you can't play it's because it's being released on December 7th. It was never removed if you are confused.

Posted Dec 3, 2020
  12. Actually, you appear the one who is confused. If you read the thread maybe you would know what it is about!

Posted Dec 3, 2020
    Kesloo, LegendSavedXmas and Danese like this.
  13. He wants Christmas chaos 1 to be brought back instead of Christmas chaos 2

Posted Dec 4, 2020
  14. I was talking about Christmas chaos 1, which was replaced years ago by christmas chaos 2

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 4, 2020
  15. Savage, yet absolutely true!

Please read the thread before posting, ;D

-Dan

Posted Dec 4, 2020
  16. I love Christmas Chaos one. That game and Castle Seige we're my favorites :).

Posted Dec 4, 2020
    Danese likes this.
  17. Yes! to be honest I miss Christmas chaos one but I like Christmas chaos two as well. In all honesty I would love to see an updated version of Christmas Chaos Three, featuring the best of both worlds!

Posted Dec 4, 2020
    Danese and Itsn2l like this.
  18. As CarterAImz_ has stated, a lot of people including myself would love to see a Christmas Chaos 3! We have no idea what's coming on December 7th, but I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. :)

-n2l

Posted Dec 4, 2020
    Danese and CarterAimz_ like this.
  19. Christmas Chaos 1.0 hands down. I've played a few times in MPS but other than that, I've never played since 2016. It's very nostalgic.

Posted Dec 4, 2020
  20. Only time will tell what Christmas Chaos we get, could be 1 or 2 or new. In my opinion it will most likely be a new map just like for this year's Halloween Havoc. In general Mineplex should try leaning towards nostalgic stuff like Castle Siege in my opinion.

Posted Dec 4, 2020
    Danese likes this.