• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11958 Players Online
  • 9068 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

BRING BACK CHAMPIONS TDM- berniebear27

Discussion in 'Combat Games' started by berniebear26, Jun 29, 2020.

?

Should TDM and UHC come back?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Hi this is Berniebear27 aka berniebear26 now known as ItsBern (A champions Veteran). I would remember everyday playing TDM a fast paced 5v5 gamemode with different kits. I have managed to rack up 2.3k wins in this game mode but now I cannot progress as fast at all.

Reason #1- Parties

5 parties are fun at times but also completely make it impossible for you to play the game by yourself.A CCL team could queue up and at that point it is over before the game began.
    I do realize that this could happen in many other game modes such as cake wars and bridges, but so many more people play those games then champions so you can never find a normal lobby. Also the leader boards players boost to get 11,000 wins and it is much harder to 1v5 a CCL team in DOM than TDM. Also some people do 7 parties and just start feeding to the other team for wins.

Reason #2- The Length of Each Game

DOM games take way to long to complete even if you are 5 partying. TDM was so fast paced and games go by much faster than DOM. Even with 5 parties the amount of time to rack 1000 wins would take almost a month or 2 if you played every single day. Also half the time teammates dont help by team killing and throwing for the other team. This would also happen in TDM but would happen way less than in DOM. Lastly people usually dont even play objective in DOM when they are losing and they just going for kills. TDM would attract those players who have that kind of play style.

In Conclusion, I know that mineplex is of course not as popular as it used to be making it harder to add these things, but if you slowly but shortly add more games like these and also work on new releases for the PVP meta. I have high hopes for this server and I know if you continue to make small strides like this, it will eventually pay off.

P.S add back UHC.

Posted Jun 29, 2020
  2. Come onnnnnnnn

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 29, 2020
    katelvn and dice2c like this.
  3. YES

Posted Jun 29, 2020
    berniebear26 and katelvn like this.
  4. yes! I agree this is what exactly needs to come back! :D

Posted Jun 29, 2020
  5. +1

smart man

Posted Jun 29, 2020
  6. I believe that both would be a good idea to implement back on Mineplex, however there should be a twist to them so it would attract more players; both old and new. If I'm not mistaken (correct me if I'm wrong), TDM was removed because of the low amount of players, but if there was something new added to it, maybe it would attract more people to play!

Posted Jun 29, 2020
  7. LOW AMOUNT OF PLAYERS????? WHAT!!

Posted Jun 29, 2020
    berniebear26 likes this.

8. I see where you are coming from, but if that is the case why is CTF still on mineplex. I get it is a twist but it is a failed twist.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 29, 2020
  9. Hi!

I hate to mention it, but nothing will ever effect parties. I tried to suggest to make them split into different teams in cake wars, but ended up getting harassed on the discord server. I presume it would be the same in another competitive gamemode.

I do agree to bring back these gamemode, if possible, however. It is hard with the current player base. I remember playing one of them daily. I don't exactly remember which one lol. It was one you needed to get a specific amount of points through beacons. If you know, please let me know.

Anyways, it's a +1 from me.
    Ajay

Posted Jun 29, 2020
    Young_Inventor and berniebear26 like this.
  10. YUP AGREE

Posted Jun 29, 2020
  11. Yea im pretty sure youre talking about DOM where its literally impossible to win against 5 parties BUT ITS EASIER IN TDM!!! BRING BACK UHC

Posted Jun 29, 2020
    katelvn and berniebear26 like this.
  12. +vouch

Posted Jun 29, 2020
  13. Personally, I agree with what berniebear27, or ItsBern, has said. He is very right and I can wholeheartedly +vouch this thread. TDM was a very fun game to play in my free time and I was very upset when I saw it was gone!!!!!!!!!!!! Along with this, UHC was very fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Jun 29, 2020
    berniebear26 likes this.
  14. Until the game is balanced adding tdm back isnt a good idea

Posted Jun 30, 2020

15. Yea you are right but maybe in the very near future (because im about to quit this game) they should add a balance update and TDM back.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 30, 2020
  16. Heyo,

I have stated my opinion on the return of TDM on another thread, but I'll tell you what I believe is the best way to move forward with this game (As well as the CTF gamemode).

Firstly, I am all for the return of TDM, I loved the game when I didn't have much time, or was playing alone when my friends were offline. But unfortunately the interest in TDM declined, so simply bringing back the gamemode would not be the best approach as it would more than likely lose its player again after probably around a week.

CTF also does not have players all the time, but it still does have a community that would be very upset with its removal, as are people who favored the TDM gamemode currently. CTF has the achievements for the game, so removing the game would not be ideal since many people have gotten CTF stats, and the achievements.

I believe the best course of action for both game communities would be to put the two games on a rotation if possible. This way neither group of players is upset they lost their game, and we also have more options for Champions itself. Players who got the CTF achievements and stats would also be happy since it would not seem to be all for nothing. I think around a switch every two weeks switching off would be great, this way when the game "returns" players may even be excited and try to fill games quickly for at least some time.

Posted Jul 1, 2020
    berniebear26 and aiirr like this.
  17. It's been said time and time again that this will not happen unfortunately. If you want a game to "return," you need to focus your energy on creative ways to bring back the game(s) without taking away so many resources that they were previously. Just saying, "Bring back (insert favorite game here)," is not going to be super effective. However, coming up with different ways to bring back old games while reducing the amount of resources that they used, the main reason they were removed in the first place, is what is going to cause change.

Obviously, a rotation system is a great example of that. Maybe the Champions games, TDM, DOM, and CTF, would be better on a lobby rotation or maybe even a lobby voting similar to map voting. This would allow players to access all of the games without having numerous lobbies open that no one is really playing. The Champions community has mostly left the server, so there's just no need for so many games and lobbies to be going on at once. I know it's upsetting to not be able to play your favorite game all of the time as my personal favorite was also removed with that update. However, it's not as simple as bringing back the games and we should be willing to understand that the decisions made to remove them were to try to improve the server overall.

The biggest argument against TDM is just how close in gameplay it is to DOM. With two games so similar, both can't really be successful with such a small community that consistently plays Champions. Personally, DOM, to me, is easier for newer players since you respawn and have more opportunities to learn the kits and what is good against the other team. In order to eventually work up to TDM, most players, in my experience, start with DOM and once they get good at the game will switch to TDM. For this reason, it only makes sense to keep the easier game for all players to enjoy.

As far as UHC goes, if it were to be introduced, it just needs a complete makeover to be successful. In its state when it was removed, it just wasn't enjoyable and even those that did play the game knew it wasn't in an ideal form. I'd love to see it brought back but with completely new features rather than just normal, vanilla UHC. It wouldn't necessarily be so much a "return" of the game but a brand new introduction of a UHC gamemode.

Posted Jul 1, 2020
    berniebear26 likes this.
  18. It is possible to add in TDM without game rotations, or removing CTF, and to have a consistent player base. It was said most people start with DOM, and then move to TDM, but I think it is the other way around, DOM is a long hardcore game mode, where TDM, is quick and simple.

If you look back to 2015, Champions was not technically a game. There was just Dominate and Team Death Match, and later Capture The Flag. No game was in another's shadow. I think if TDM were to be given its own portal, NPC, and spot on the compass, it wouldn't be in Dominate's shadow. Seeing that there are a lot of people who want back TDM, I think if what I said is implemented, TDM could do just as well, if not better than DOM.

Posted Jul 1, 2020
    berniebear26 likes this.

19. I think The Rotation system is a great idea! This post was a little rushed so I did not think it through this far. I wish More people would add their ideas like this to go through the best course of action to revive this game/community

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 1, 2020

20. Completly Agree! We need more people for this to actually happen.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 1, 2020