• 1041 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5041 Players Online
  • 4000 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Bring Back Castle Siege!

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by five4ths2, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Hi There!

So many of you have probably heard of a game that used to be in Minplex called Castle Siege. Pretty much, there was an Undead team and the Defenders team, and the Undead were trying to kill King Sparkles who was found deep in the castle. However, the defenders are supposed to protect King Sparkles from the Undead. If the Undead kills him in undead 8 minutes, then they win the game, however, if the defenders defend for 8 minutes, then they win the game.

But, Mineplex removed the game that so many people loved for kind of no apparent reason. I do realize the game has fewer players, but that is mainly because the Mineplex server is just losing more and more players. But I do believe that people will come back to the game if it comes back. There were even Castle Seige clans that would just dominate the server. I myself was part of one with many people such as 2000SuperSilver, five4ths, CosmoLink, and many other people. It was such a fun game, and I would love to see it come back!

-five4ths2

Posted Jul 11, 2019
    Starx280 and whip109mario like this.
  2. I do agree with this, I love playing it, the only way I can play it now is if I get my MPS populated with around 20 people and start a game. Maybe they could bring it back but lower the amount of players that it needs to start.

Posted Jul 11, 2019
  3. Yo!
    Yes, I remember playing Castle Siege a long time ago and it was so fun and no other server was like this. But, sadly when it got removed, I was pretty sad because it was one of their best games and it sucks to see that happen. But, I've had witnessed a big member increase ever since Minecraft got it's popularity back. It would be fun if they can bring these games back and I hope one day they do.

Posted Jul 11, 2019
  4. Yeah, I have noticed this slight increase too, and I believe it should continue to slowly increase as Minecraft is getting more popular again. I think this is more reason why they should make Castle Siege come back!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 11, 2019
    SkittlesTM likes this.
  5. Hey!

Unfortunately, while I do miss this game along with many others that were removed around the same time Castle Siege was, I have my doubts that it will make a comeback. Emphasizing on the fact that the player count has gone down, it's hard to bring back something that might not necessarily work best for the server. The Castle Siege servers obviously cost money when it comes to running them, and with a lack of players on the server was just spending money for no reason.

Do I still want it to come back? Of course, along with many other games. I hope they could bring back the game with maybe only 2-3 servers and judge if they want to add more servers by analyzing the player counts. But, bringing back these games has been suggested so many times that I don't see them actually doing it.

Posted Jul 11, 2019
  6. While I do want Castle Siege to return, I'm not sure if it will happen any time in the near future. First of all, the game was removed due to the fact that games would rarely start. Each game required at most a hundred people to begin, which is pretty crazy now considering the fact that the player count has gone down. I believe lowering the number of players needed to start would be a good move if this were to be implemented. There also have been several removed games that have been suggested to be brought back, and this is only one of them. If this proposal received a significant amount of support, then I would agree that bringing the game back would be reasonable. Until then, however, I do not see Castle Siege being brought back in the near future.

Posted Jul 11, 2019
  7. I would also love to see Castle siege make a return. I remember sinking hours into it and was by far my favorite game back then. I have my doubts but I don't think it's impossible, especially if Mineplex keeps growing like this.

Posted Jul 11, 2019
  8. I agree if Mineplex's player count keeps growing like this Castle Siege could make a comeback.

Posted Jul 11, 2019
  9. I think the only reason it was removed is because it was dead - because Mineplex was dead

Posted Jul 11, 2019
    whip109mario likes this.
  10. I have had a hashtag before which was #BringBackCastleSiege. I'm glad that it's getting more popularity

Posted Jul 11, 2019
    evan (zenave) likes this.
  11. Now we have a new person working on Anticheat, and I'm sure that Mineplex would start growing again. If this happens, Castle Seige will make a comeback

Posted Jul 11, 2019
    evan (zenave) likes this.
  12. It is certainly not impossible to bring the back game, as some people have claimed so far. Sure, the player count is much lower than before and with 1000-4000 players online filling a 100 player lobby would be difficult in any game, but then you have to think outside the box. There are plenty of players who would return to the game as regular players (especially the competitive providing a base) and with summer come a lot of new players who also provide for a good audience. How does one attract these players to the game then?

1) Events & Rewards - To celebrate the return of the game, it awards players with doubled XP at the end of the game and offers unique rewards for the best players during this event. Doing this in the Titan hype fashion could very well work, but there are also the usual options like shards and custom titles. This doesn't have to be a thing only for Castle Siege, but for any new game in general.

2) Tweaking the game to make it able to start without people withdrawing from the queue. This could require lowering the amount of players needed to start the game, but with the use of rewards I mentioned before this wouldn't be a problem for some time.

3) Media coverage. Once the game isn't in the center of attention anymore and loses some players, it will need another source of new players, and I firmly believe that with the help of popular Youtubers and Twitch streamers, the game will be widely recognized. Bonus points if the game receives a good update to the previous version from 2017.

Alright, so I was not a regular Castle Siege player and therefore I couldn't go into details in this post. The reason why I'd love to see it return in this way is because it is an original Mineplex game which hasn't got any good alternatives on other popular Minecraft servers. Just like a certain gamemode made the current most popular server even more popular, in my opinion there should be a game that will stand out and that will convince players to stay. If the developers can think of a game that would do this better, I'd have nothing against it, but this game has bonus potential as a former Mineplex classic.

P.S. It's King Sparklez, not Sparkles. :p

Posted Jul 11, 2019