• 498 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8936 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Bring Back Castle Siege - The Petition

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Dwasserd, Sep 19, 2019.

?

Should Castle Siege come back?

1. Yes, I have never tried it and it seems interesting. I'd like to try it out.

21.1%
  2. YES I MISS IT SO MUCH!!!! BRING IT BACK BELOVED MINEPLEX STAFF!!! <3

78.9%
  1. The new game inspired by the ultimate real life meme, Area51Raid, brought back nostalgic feelings. I really miss Castle Siege. In every mps I have been in, once we switch to Castle Siege, people keep joining and I just have a blast. I have mentioned this game around in the server several times and other people could relate to this feeling. Therefore I decided to start a petition. I can't promise mineplex will do anything with this petition of course, but if you like Castle Siege or want to see Castle Siege players get back their beloved game, this might be a chance! Please drop a response on this post if you care about Castle Siege.

I love you guys and hopefully soon I can share this love while protecting our king Chiss!

Posted Sep 19, 2019
    VideoGameMage likes this.
  2. Dwasserd Castle Siege was removed cause of the lack of players, at that time it didn't even reach more than 10 players and it needed around 80 players to start the game. This is was the actual reason why it was removed.

Posted Sep 19, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 19, 2019
  3. That may well be, but now I believe there is enough demand for it. This lead me to my petition. If there isn't, well then there isn't. But I believe we can reach amazingly filled games as there are enough players who have never tried it and plenty of players who did love it.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 19, 2019
  4. Also there has been some people where they've been complaining about the amount of lag that was encountering in Castle Siege.

Posted Sep 19, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 19, 2019
  5. The lag is what drove some people away. But the fans of Castle Siege were willing to pay the small price of lag in exchange for a great gaming experience. And of course this thread isn't meant for people who don't want it back. I get there are people who don't like it and have all their negative opinions revolving around this game. But I do believe that a game like this, if it's in demand, should be noted at the very least that people do want it back. Just like with other games that still exist but are underplayed, I think Castle Siege is entitled to that same right.

OP OP
  6. All I can say is I clearly don't know (not saying idc), but maybe it's best to leave it with a vote to see if it should come back or not?

Everyone like and dislikes different things.

Posted Sep 19, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 19, 2019
  7. I attached the vote to this thread, but I also want people to talk about it so the staff can see that we do in fact want it - and aren't just saying things.

OP OP
  8. Let's others have their opinions

Posted Sep 19, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 19, 2019
  9. Hey,
    I've been playing the heck out of the Area 51 Raid game, I found it really fun but it did remind me of Castle Siege quite a bit. Know as stated before in the thread from Dwasserd, when playing in an MPS, lots of players come and play. Know stating that, if you're concerned about the game not getting enough players or if its gonna be too laggy like it is on Area 51 Raid, then why not change the player count where it's still large enough for the community to enjoy but not lagging out players. I really think it should come back.

Posted Sep 19, 2019
  10. I liked castle siege too, but while plenty of people voice their love for the game, the amount of people who would actively play it is actually pretty small- take the last ditch update they made fo r it in august 2017; It hyped up cs players for 2 days and then the game went back to being dead. And we had triple our current player count back then. It's really telling when a game won't start with 8k players.

Furthermore, I think MP would get a lot more bang for their buck if they focused on a completely new game, rather than trying to revive a game that died.

Posted Sep 19, 2019
  11. Heyo!

As already stated above, why should only this game be brought back? A lot of people want their main games to come back as well, and honestly it wasn't doing too hot back when it was removed. I feel that this new event game is bringing back some nostalgia/cs vibes, but I don't believe castle siege should be brought back as a whole. Mineplex should be pushing out new games and bug fixes instead of bringing back older games which were already removed for a reason. It also required a lot of players, and this is why it was removed in the first place. I just don't see Castle Siege coming back anytime soon, but hopefully this helped!

Posted Sep 19, 2019
    Aquqe likes this.
  12. Not gonna advocate either way other than say your poll is pretty biased. No option to say "don't bring it back" or any other choice other than two "for bringing it back" opinions

Posted Sep 19, 2019
  13. I would also love to see castle siege and assault come back. But I doubt it well any time soon just because of a lack of players. Until Mineplex gains the popularity it used to have there simply aren't enough people to play the game.

Posted Sep 19, 2019
  14. Hello! I thought I would see this pop up sometime soon. We have a few issues with bringing back Castle Siege.

1. The game is not balanced

Castle Siege was and still would be very hard to balance just like the current Area 51 game, it is very hard to balance a game with that concept as it will seem one side always has the advantage due to kits, numbers or something else. This ultimately lead to people not enjoying Castle Siege and I have seen people say the same about the Area 51 game.

2. The game would probably die down

The reason why Area 51 is popular could be due to many things. First of all the game is only here for limited time so people are going to play it more. Second of all, you get titles as reward for completing certain goals so people are bound to play it to get those. Finally, it issues a ton of exp, shards and gems so people are going.

For these reasons and probably more, I don't believe Castle Siege should, or will make a return.

Have a nice day :]

Posted Sep 19, 2019
    wOeuf // xOeuf likes this.
  15. oh so that's why Ayeconic

Posted Sep 19, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 19, 2019
  16. I did this because I wanted to create a petition to bring the game back, which means that the vote would only concern people who actually wanted it back. I was trying to collect votes at the time - not votes against it. Critical remarks are however always necessary, which I posted this as a thread as well.
    --- Post updated ---
    As with any 'solution', there is no perfect solution. All players have games they yearn for to be brought back. But just because everyone has this feeling doesn't mean nobody should be allowed to at least try and bring their own beloved game back. We mustn't succumb to the perfectionist bias and refuse any 'revival suggestion' for the reason that everyone wants their game back. And I truly believe that there will be enough people who are willing to team up with their huge groups of friends and grind Castle Siege. I feel like the mineplex community, though divided, has formed big groups of friends over platforms like Labymod and Discord. Which is one of the reasons I see this game being effective when brought back.
    --- Post updated ---
    The game was not balanced - I agree with this to some degree, namely there were people who could queue on both teams and win consistently, but a factor experience was definitely involved. Also the game itself, if brought back could still be balanced. I am very aware that this stuff would be time consuming and I am unaware of what kind of new games Mineplex would like to work on or if they intend to keep things the way they are. But I do believe if they see reason to bring it back, balancing the game could be achieved.

The fact that the game 'would probably die down' is something I disagree with entirely, especially if people are trying to push it out, they will have reason to play the game and get online. I get that there are people who want to play games in order to grind. But the people that want this game back do not seek rewards like this in any way. We just want to enjoy our beloved game, regardless if the rewards are trash.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 21, 2019
  17. Castle siege is one of Mineplex's OG game modes and I remember the good old times of playing it. I'd really love to see the castle siege gamemode implemeted back into the Mineplex network. I'm not really sure why they ever had any intention of removing the gamemode at the start because I remember that it usually had quite a lot of players on it. I guess you could say that the area 51 gamemode is basically Minestrike + Castle Siege but let's all be real here, most people played the area 51 gamemode because of the crazy ammount of EXP, shards and gems, (It was kind of a worse version of castle siege) I didn't really like the addition of guns for the area 51 gamemode and I really loved the castle siege one where you used bows instead. I remember secretly climbing the waterfalls on the side of the map to assasinate the King, man those were the days. Hopefully Mineplex will come to their senses and add this marvelous game back into the network, you never know maybe it'll come back for a limited time mode, guess we'll just have to wait and see. :)

Posted Sep 21, 2019
  18. TheProTroller, scroll up and read what Ayeconic said, he has the reasons

Posted Sep 21, 2019
  19. I couldn't agree more with you dude! So be sure to cast your vote at the top and get your friends you used to team up with in that game mode to make their voice heard as well! The whole game had a unique vibe and therefore really stood out of the other games. The lag was indeed an issue for some and I hope that if the game is brought back those issues will be resolved (for example reducing the maximum players to fill up a lobby like with Alien Invasion). But man o man there were some good times in that game. I started playing right as they removed it. So I really hope that we'll be able to play this game with a massive amount of people in the near future :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 21, 2019