• 1014 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9914 Players Online
  • 8900 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Bring Back Castle Siege [Evidence Regarding Its Justified Revival]

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Danese, May 1, 2020.

?

Would You Want CS To Be Brought Back?

1. Yes!

312 vote(s)
    82.5%
  2. Maybe...

31 vote(s)
    8.2%
  3. No.

35 vote(s)
    9.3%
  1. My name is fallen and i pledge allegiance to the cause! Bring back CS, at the very least for winter events in the future :))

Posted Apr 30, 2021
  2. It used to be a great game back in the day; I remember when most of the people who achieved level 100 back then would play the final game for it specifically in Castle Siege, because the game was enjoyable to play with a large number of players (people usually tend to invite all of their friends to their final game for level 100, if you're unaware).
    It brings back great memories, and it's overall an enjoyable game which was proven by its player-base during the winter event.
    +1 for the idea, I'd love to see Castle Siege active again.

Posted Apr 30, 2021
  3. I liked castle sige, but I thought it was just for that one Halloween event.

Posted Apr 30, 2021
    bluetiebacca likes this.
  4. Wait wasn't it called castle defense?

Posted Apr 30, 2021
  5. That was a different game on bedrock.

Posted Apr 30, 2021
    EpicEnderDragon1 likes this.
  6. I did not play this that often but I think it would be great to bring back!

Posted May 1, 2021
  7. It was one year ago today that I posted this thread and her content… and, let me say, damn… We’ve done a lot so far!!
    As such, I decided to put together a little video/montage of #ReviveCS-related… “stuff!” Check it out below!

Now, for some more specific notes on what we’ve done over the last year.
    To start, we were privileged to be able to work directly with @Moppletop himself on the revisions to CS for the Christmas event back in December. The game was brought back for a limited time but was extremely fun to play nonetheless!
    Next are the newly built CS maps that are presently live on the Network:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And, of course, who could forget the CS map fixes our CSGI/CSBT members worked on:
    All 2020-2021 CS Map Fixes (So Far)
    (changes grabbed from the corresponding map fixes documents included in the map update posts released on the listed dates)

In total, there have been 517 documented changes to CS maps which were done by CSGI/CSBT alongside Build Leads @joshuart and @dutty!!

Happy one year anniversary, y'all!! I can't wait to see what the next year brings us!! <3

Sincerely,
    Danese
    #ReviveCS

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 1, 2021,
    Last edited May 3, 2021
  8. Wow, one year after this thread was posted it finally has 30,000 views (and 560 comments). That's over x3 as many views as the second most popular new game thread and over x5 as many comments. This idea is really popular, Mineplex, so why not just add it?

Posted May 1, 2021
  9. Because it's mineplex

Posted May 1, 2021
    Paladise, bluetiebacca and Danese like this.
  10. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Posted May 3, 2021
  11. So i was scrolling around and saw this thread. It has 30 pages of reply's, 310 votes for yes. This means a whopping 82% of players that voted want this back, and yes has around 10x votes for maybe and no. Then i look, and it is listed as in discussion. Why? Im bedrock player, so ill talk about the bedrock side of this, its already been made and everything. Just add it back? It cant be hard for our one dev to do, its already been made and everything.

More stats if you mineplex people need more proof.

Posted May 3, 2021,
    Last edited May 3, 2021
  12. Not that I'm entirely against adding back CS but I just want to clarify that most of these views are repeated while most of the comments are just bumping the thread back into the new forums section (while not adding that much) so these are more inflated, so I'm not entirely for using these numbers to justify adding it back. However, citing the poll and the ReviveCS discord numbers are fine

anyways #ReviveMineplex uwu

Posted May 3, 2021
  13. Personally, I think Castle Siege is better left as a season event. That way when it does come back around its more special and always active.

Posted May 3, 2021
  14. I'm not against the idea in terms of player activity; however, it has been a royal pain to get content properly tested due to the game being listed as "removed."
    To ensure our teams are adequately able to test the content being created, having the game brought back full time would remove the "removed" / "MPS-specific" lables placed on CS, allowing for our CSGI team to fully test our WIP content.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 7, 2021 at 2:16 PM
    rmotheram, eToast_, Jtj and 3 others like this.