• 1348 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8193 Players Online
  • 6845 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Bring Back Castle Siege [Evidence Regarding Its Justified Revival]

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Danese, May 1, 2020.

?

Would You Want CS To Be Brought Back?

1. Yes!

294 vote(s)
    82.4%
  2. Maybe...

31 vote(s)
    8.7%
  3. No.

32 vote(s)
    9.0%
  1. I've been waiting to write on this for a while, especially until it was removed. Now while many CS players know I've tried in the past to be active with the community, and I overall was excited to see the game back. Now after it has been back, my opinions have changed. I agree with essentially everything @hunrud said. Now while you could bring up the data and everything, it's an incomplete experiment with way too many uncontrolled variables. These being, everything @hunrud mentioned. This, in my opinion, makes the data not have as much meaning to me. Not to mention, the various gameplay issues that there were with CS. Some maps being biased towards Defenders, some being biased towards Undead. And while I still love many of these maps, they eventually just lead to poor gameplay when being exposed to a large volume of players, atypical to the typical 20ish players who play CS in an MPS. Despite all these things, my opinion on if it should come back has not changed. While yes, we do not have sufficient evidence supporting both that the player count would sustain, or that the game would be dead, which I think are both incorrect claims, I do know that this game will still have a consistent player count of about 60 players. We've seen CS MPS's become very popular before, getting up to over 60 players, and a consistent community who can basically get 20 players to play at many points throughout the day, solely based on discord. Some of the ideas mentioned in this thread like lowering the starting count to 20 players would be ideal. Therefore, we know that the game is not going to simply die. Because of this, there is still no good reason to not support CS coming back. Putting CS back will please many players, and doesn't hurt anything.

Posted Jan 4, 2021
  2. I have tried giving suggestive criticism to help Castle Siege out if it were to be released, even creating a thread with some balancing ideas and another two threads (that I have linked within my signature) as tutorials for Castle Siege. When it finally came out (prematurely), I helped most of the players that needed assistance because they didn't understand some parts of the gameplay or why they were seeing parrots.

Posted Jan 4, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Jan 4, 2021
    hommes and Young_Inventor like this.
  3. Did you hear from me that I was disagreeing with criticism? No. Does saying “#RemoveCS has been successful GG” contribute to anything? No. You are merely bringing down players who loved playing CS and acting as if that comment WASN’T supposed to be interpreted as negative/hateful toward the movement

Posted Jan 4, 2021
  4. Honestly CS should be brought back for permanent. Everyone saw that CS was popular over the holidays recently.
    That being said, I'd make a few minor changes such as nerfing some of the achievements to suit a 60-player game rather than 100.
    Another issue I saw was say, two constantly full 60 player lobbies, with 15 players queuing never to be placed in a game. Not sure how that can be resolved but I'm sure there's a way.

Sidenote: it still baffles me how UHC was chosen over CS to be revived...

Posted Jan 4, 2021
  5. Considering what I've seen happen in the ReviveCS discord everything Paladise is saying is justified. And don't get upset for him voicing his thoughts on CS in a way that you may not like. Saying that CS was removed is in no way toxic.

Posted Jan 4, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  6. I agree, the hype for UHC died quickly. Castle Siege had a greater influence in it's time and I feel that it would remain as a legitimate game for a long time.

Posted Jan 4, 2021
  7. I dont get it

Posted Jan 4, 2021
  8. Let's keep this thread on topic as a discussion of ways to which we can improve the game as a whole, rather than a battle between people over this and that. <3

(And yes I am guilty of doing the exact opposite. Sorry :/ )

-Dan

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 4, 2021
  9. Sating a fact isn't toxic. Celebrating the downfall of a community is.

Posted Jan 4, 2021
    eToast_ likes this.
  10. The community hasn't had a downfall. CS got removed, but that doesn't mean the community is gone. Him celebrating something he agrees with, is not toxic.

Posted Jan 4, 2021
  11. Yeah man I mean I would be 100% cool with Castle Siege coming back if they added some overtime achievements like kills over time as undead and defender and like total damage to the king and like barriers broken and stuff, that would be fun and add a real sense of progression for us achievement hunters. To be honest my number one complaint with Castle Siege and the reason I didn't play it more is because after I got the overtime achievements and all that was left was like Royal Guard and stuff, I felt like I was going nowhere.

Posted Jan 4, 2021
  12. agreed, more undead-based/progression achievements would be nice, could be something like 1000 kills as undead

Posted Jan 6, 2021
  13. it was very fun and i loved it so much but now it is gone and there were so many people and more people is more fun

Posted Jan 6, 2021
    miraclebuilder19, Fusafez and Danese like this.
  14. Hey,

We're streaming the CSCL finals. Check it out via this link! <3

#ReviveCS
    -Dan

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 8, 2021
  15. BRING IT BACK! IDC IF I NEVER SAW IT DURING WHEN IT WAS OUT PERM, JUST BRING IT BACK! (for your sake of course, and ur server's)

Posted Jan 11, 2021
  16. Agreed! I think it went so well during the holidays! I hope to see castle siege back again!

Posted Jan 12, 2021
  17. I would think castle siege would do quite well if it were brought back (considering how many people played it as a limited time gamemode.) As long as it were updated regularly to keep it fun.

Posted Jan 13, 2021
  18. same, it went well but it was sad when it went away :(

Posted Jan 13, 2021
    Danese and Mohawk2 like this.
  19. bring da boy back!

Posted Jan 13, 2021
    Danese and EpicEnderDragon1 like this.
  20. Mineplex should re-add Castle Siege! Give a potato if u agree!!!

Posted Jan 13, 2021