• 1308 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9169 Players Online
  • 7861 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Bring Back Castle Siege [Evidence Regarding Its Justified Revival]

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Danese, May 1, 2020.

?

Would You Want CS To Be Brought Back?

1. Yes!

290 vote(s)
    82.6%
  2. Maybe...

30 vote(s)
    8.5%
  3. No.

31 vote(s)
    8.8%
  1. I've been looking for a reason to give you a gold ol' rant, so here it is.

You have absolutely no idea what we do, nor do you have any idea what it is that our head staff teams, our CSGi team, and our Build Team actually does. Furthermore, just because you haven't seen anything happen does not mean that nothing is happening.

And, when our two latest Castle Siege maps go live in the coming weeks, let me assure you I will be the first person to requote your original message and link you directly over to the thread that contains those two new maps. Though it may very well become three maps depending on when MTT meets next (considering the upcoming holidays, of course).

-Dan

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 7, 2020
  2. I never said you weren't doing things, I'm sure CSGI, Head Staff, and the Build Team are working hard. However, correct if I am wrong here, but with the time that you used to re-skin that current CS maps, you could have worked on making new CS maps, and improving the current ones, with the help of CSGI. Of course I could be wrong, perhaps there is something that I am missing, but using all the knowledge I have of ReviveCS, and inferring, and I can realistically conclude that the time you used to re-skin maps could be used help the Build Team peruse more important tasks, such as the ones I have stated above, and any other things you are doing which I am not allowed to know about.

Posted Dec 7, 2020
    Jtj likes this.
  3. You are wrong. These maps were built months ago. Meanwhile, we have been working on new content which is going to be going live in the coming weeks.

-Dan

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 7, 2020
  4. it isn't just about growing the community. We mainly did these reskins just for a fun thing for the cs community (and anyone) to enjoy. And, while we worked on these reskins, other maps were still being worked on. We started mid-October and finished them and submitted early November. So really, these didn't take long. I don't understand the issue with just trying to spread some Christmas joy through maps!

Posted Dec 7, 2020
  5. This doesn't help your point, that time still could have been used to do the tasks I mentioned earlier. Just at an earlier date.
    But still, every minute you are building counts, even if it didn't take long, it is still time you could be using to do things that could directly impact the outcome of ReviveCS.

Posted Dec 7, 2020
    Jtj likes this.
  6. How do you propose we could be doing other things, do you have suggestions for what we could be doing as opposed to making sure that the maps are functional and fun for our player base?

Posted Dec 7, 2020
    Jtj, miraclebuilder19 and Danese like this.
  7. At this point I’m not even sure what you’re arguing about anymore

Posted Dec 7, 2020
    anna., bluetiebacca, Jtj and 2 others like this.
  8. @Young_Inventor Please, making the Christmas reskins was an incredible idea. It helped stimulate the community until new ones are released. Making a CS map is hard, trust me. You need to have good mechanics and understanding which I for one do not. You also don't know if there is anything else happening due to the fact you aren't a builder or staff member. Maps may also take up to sometimes 4 months after they were accepted to go live aswell. Also currently Mineplex is really busy with the christmas projects. Now yes, could be accomplished more, probably but it isn't a team where you get payed.
    -Regards,
    Collins//unrelease

Posted Dec 7, 2020
    FierceDougal5, rmotheram, Jtj and 5 others like this.
  9. The Christmas re skins were really nice, like in trench of dekare, the sky looked very nice and helms looked pretty good, pretty much all of them did, some had more things then other maps.

Posted Dec 11, 2020
  10. I'm so glad somebody made this thread! I miss Castle Siege quite a bit and I love the nostalgia factor it would play. I'm all for it!

Posted Dec 11, 2020
  11. biggest +1 i'll probably ever give, ive loved this game so much and i was disappointed when it got removed, hundreds of us and maybe a few thousand of us still love this game to death.
    i didn't get a chance to play it but i have played it in some mineplex player servers before.

Posted Dec 12, 2020
  12. New maps out:
    San Marino and Rosebud Castle
    Special thanks to eToast_ and OpticsVision for building them (I didn’t really get to play them that much so I don’t have any pics)
    #ReviveCS

Posted Dec 13, 2020
  13. Heyo!
    I honestly had no idea how much support Castle Siege was getting from the community until now. I noticed the recent addition of 4 new maps for the game, but I was completely unaware of the true scope of it all. It's amazing to see everyone come together in hopes to achieve a common goal. To be honest I didn't play the game a lot when it was playable, but I definitely understand that there are a lot of players who love it.

I'm rooting for you all! :)

Posted Dec 17, 2020
    bluetiebacca, Mohawk2, Cakeys and 5 others like this.
  14. We have been hitting 20+ players almost every day recently. Also, I have gained the strange ability to unlock all the kits for everyone whenever I am present in the MPS so now everyone can achievement kits even if they did not have the opportunity to unlock them before Castle Siege was removed. In addition, I can give items to players and do all sorts of other weird stuff if I am hosting. Also, our golden gift hunt is still running. So be sure to show up to one of our MPSes. We got a lot of fun for you!
    #ReviveCS

Posted Dec 18, 2020
  15. I would love to bring CS back ,but I'm afraid it would need to many people. Lobbies wouldn't fill up with enough people to play one... I do miss it and would love to see it back though, it was one of my favorite mini games.

Posted Dec 18, 2020
  16. You sure put in a lot of effort into stopping a revival of a game, please go outside and touch the grass

Posted Dec 18, 2020,
    Last edited Dec 18, 2020
  17. I am loving the new Christmas reskins and am looking forward to the next map revisions as well

However first i will adress some of the things that have been said about Castle Siege.
    Kacilily has said; "maps have issues and should just be scrapped since they will become useless the second gameplay is changed. The issue with it is that these maps are bad and working on them is a waste of your time."
    I disagree with the sentiment that bad maps should not be worked on, in fact won't working on these maps based on community feedback and CSGI guidance help us to improve and balance them. We have recently reorganised the CSGI team to allow for fresh, inteligent minds and are getting ready to rebalance several maps that desperately need rebalancing.
    Kacilily has said; "Lol the map making process isn't that difficult -- add a forrest, add two pathways, add a kings room, and done. I am too lazy to do this, but it wouldn't be hard if I actually tried to recreate any of their trash maps."
    Well yes but actually no, anyone can make a Castle Siege map based on this advice. But it takes a good builder with an imagination to create a good Castle Siege Map in both aesthetics and gameplay. Looking at only my own projects (I don't want to spoil anything the rest of the CS build team does) I am already experimenting with a few ideas that make my current project-Project Black Feather/ Ravenseat Garrison- unique and interesting and have several other ideas and plans for maps with radical features and quirks. I would also like to remind you that we don't just work on CS maps and have a few work in progress or planned projects for other minigames.

We are not machines or bots on the opposite side of the screen, we are real people with real stress, real joy, real fatigue, and real ambitions. While I joined the build team towards the end of the Christmas Reskin Project, and therefore had no part in it, I understand from the number of breaks i have taken from and edits i've had to make to Ravenseat Garrison that building a map is mentally exhausting work and it is good to take a break from main projects and find something to do. In this case the build team used the already completed maps and made some minor changes to make them look more Christmassy, these small actions have made a big visual impact and seeing visual change as you work is a great motivator. I can asure you that we have since been building away on our main projects with a renewed purpose.

Many thanks to the Build Team, Game Hosts and Castle Siege Staff for keeping the community running. We are nearly at the end of the second season of CSCL and i am looking forwards to playing the new maps in the future seasons. Have a merry Christmas every one and Happy Sieging.

-Fierce

Posted Dec 19, 2020
    Danese and Jtj like this.
  18. We reached over 242 votes for yes! 8 more away from 250! Also merry Christmas! Since winter break started the mps might be more active, and gaining more attraction to the thread!
    #ReviveCS

Posted Dec 19, 2020
    miraclebuilder19, Danese and Mohawk2 like this.
  19. Honestly this 21 page thread is far too long for me to read the whole thing so I'm sorry if what I'm gonna say is already tread ground, but I think Castle Siege would be impossible to fully add back with Mineplex at it's current player base, it would never ever consistently fill up 100 player games, which I believe was it's limit when it was originally live but I may be remembering wrong.

I'm not a Castle Siege hater or denier, but I don't think it coming back like a regular game would work. However, weekly or monthly events would work very nicely for Castle Siege, or perhaps something like UHC where it only starts every hour or so, and maybe if it had a lot of prizes and stuff for playing it like a lot of shards, could the community be revived.

I don't hate Castle Siege, but if it is to come back I want it to be done right and have it be successful.

Posted Dec 19, 2020
  20. correct me if I'm wrong but you havent made a topical post in a while

Posted Dec 19, 2020
    Danese and Mohawk2 like this.