• 1349 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8182 Players Online
  • 6833 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Bring Back Castle Siege [Evidence Regarding Its Justified Revival]

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Danese, May 1, 2020.

?

Would You Want CS To Be Brought Back?

1. Yes!

294 vote(s)
    82.4%
  2. Maybe...

31 vote(s)
    8.7%
  3. No.

32 vote(s)
    9.0%
  1. That's their concurrent player count, meaning that it's the number of players you see on at one specific time, to say that only 2,000 people play on the server per day is factually incorrect and you also have no way to actually count that. Hence why I said "likely less than 1%" because it's an estimation, not a fact.

I don't know about you, but I don't consider people feeling the need to go around lobbies spamming "Join UHC-1 for the game to start!!" as a game doing well. UHC did well in the beginning, as do all new games that get added or old games that get added back, but died down after a while because people returned to their original game. UHC shows to be doing well because it requires a large number of players to start, but in reality it's not doing as well as it was predicted it would be.

Posted Nov 30, 2020
    Danese, Jtj and anna. like this.
  2. That happens only when the American players aren't on, when mineplex has 500 players or so . That doesn't mean that a game isn't doing well, it means that mineplex isn't doing well . When the american players start coming and mineplex has about 1000-1500 players , there isn't a problem of getting the game started , it fills up within minutes.

Posted Nov 30, 2020
    Danese, Jtj and Fusafez like this.
  3. Based on what I've seen this statement isn't correct. I've seen messages like this go around during peak US times, and I've seen people get kicked from StaffRequest (at peak US times) for saying it. I never said that the game doing poorly wasn't as a result of Mineplex doing poorly. Mineplex hasn't been doing well for a while now, with a constantly declining playerbase. UHC hasn't performed how it was predicted it was going to perform.

Posted Nov 30, 2020
    20LeeBrian1, anna. and Jtj like this.
  4. UHC not doing well isn't a good reason to deny that CS would. The two games have very different communities, objectives, and lengths (CS lasts 8 minutes max). Yes, they're both games that require a higher player count that most, but the gameplay itself isn't really comparable. CS has maintained a high enough player count to get MPS's up consistently, and the argument that CS isn't as fun with fewer players is subjective; many regular players disagree. It wouldn't take much coding on Mineplex's part to lower the amount of players needed for the game to start, as countless people in this thread have suggested, which would allow for more lobbies to fill up if the game is revived.

Posted Nov 30, 2020
    SALB, Danese, rmotheram and 4 others like this.
  5. If mineplex every decided, why not try having castle siege playable for a week or 2 and see how well that goes and maybe they can consider if they want it back or not based on the people who want it, similar to castle defense.

Posted Nov 30, 2020
  6. [​IMG]
    Looks like Mineplex might give it a whirl. Perfect opportunity to see it do well
    #ReviveCS

Posted Dec 3, 2020
  7. Yes, that's great! Hope it actually works out for castle siege!

Posted Dec 3, 2020
  8. This thread currently has 16k views and is pretty good, since it's a decent portion of the player base now, which shows that some people are interested in the revive castle siege movement, which is good! Danese's thread is 4k away from 20k which will be amazing once it reaches it!

Posted Dec 6, 2020
  9. I have many fond memories from this game! I remember its initial release as well. It would be crazy cool to have it back! You have my endorsement ;)

Posted Dec 6, 2020
  10. Hey, y'all! And Happy Holidays!

To celebrate, our fabulous CS Build Team has crafted Christmas-y reskins of all of your favorite Castle Siege maps! They're currently live on the Network, so go check them out!

Additionally, there is currently a little Golden Gift hunt going on. I'll go ahead and post the announcement that was posted in our Discord server verbatim here:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Danese Today at 1:32 PM
    @Castle Sieger Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, and overall Happy Holidays everyone!
    In celebration of the festive season, our fabulous Build Team has created a Christmas Reskin of all of your favorite Castle Siege maps! They are currently live on the Network! So go check them out!
    In addition, our CS Publicity team has been hard at work for something special for y'all... Across all of the reskinned maps, there are hidden golden gifts. Count them all per map and submit your guess in the "Christmas Giveaway 2020" channel.
    (The channel will appear in a few minutes, so please be patient)
    Each correct count per map gives you one "drawing slip." The more correct gift counts per map you submit, the more likely it is that you will be drawn.
    The prize is 1 month Immortal! There will be two (2) winners that will be randomly selected at the end of the month! So don't delay!!
    Happy Holidays from all of us!
    Sincerely,
    Our Community Head Staff team, CS Publicity team, CSGI team, CS Build Team, and our Community Staff Team!

Danese Today at 1:38 PM
    The giveaway channel has been created and is located in #christmas-giveaway-2020 :heart:
    (For anybody wanting a direct link)

cakeys Today at 2:01 PM

Presents will look like this
    [​IMG]

Visit the Revive CS Forums Group Page to learn more about our movement and to join in on the fun!

Sincerely,
    Danese
    and
    The CS Community

#ReviveCS

Edit [12.07.20] - Bragging Rights

Below is a list of the reskinned Castle Siege Maps made by our wonderful CS Build Team!
    Be sure to check out the MERRY MAP UPDATE - 12/7/20 Thread as well!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 7, 2020,
    Last edited Dec 7, 2020
  11. Wow re-skins of CS maps! Just one question, was it really worth the build team's time to make winter themed re-skins, instead of more CS maps? Perhaps if the CS build team was just a tad bit better at managing projects, you would have more than 2 new maps! Or even better, maybe if we had more maps frequently being made, you would get more player support, more attention from Mineplex, and CS would actually get Revived, unlike what has happened now where you have made no progress in months! Just a friendly thought!
    As always best regards,
    Young_Inventor

Posted Dec 7, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  12. very nice bait you have there young inventor

Posted Dec 7, 2020
    miraclebuilder19 and Danese like this.
  13. actually quite ironic

Posted Dec 7, 2020
  14. As someone who has both built and reskinned maps, let me just say reskinning a map is a lot quicker and easier than building an entire new one from scratch.

Posted Dec 7, 2020
  15. hey inventor, I think you got some stuff mixed up. it was extremely worth it. We do things we think the CS community will enjoy. We think the community will enjoy this. Making CS maps is very time-consuming and the amount we're making is extremely fast-paced. the amount of cs maps being made live is something that has never happened in cs history lol. 4 maps being accepted in one year is very good.

I'd disagree with your point about not making any progress. We've had multiple maps go into testing and ofc go live. which IMO is progress. Also, we got all the maps to have cool Christmas skins... That right there is progress, we got mineplex to let us update the maps for a supposedly "dead game"... mineplex, let us get Christmas reskins for an MPS game?? That right there is progress in my eyes. Also, we're currently going through all current cs maps and re-re editing them. we made our changes, now we got community feedback and now we're going back to fix the maps again. So, I'd say we're making much progress. This essay was worth it ;)

-bear

Edit: Also, we have other maps being made for other game modes also. We want to get our name out there and this is def a solid way of doing it.

Posted Dec 7, 2020,
    Last edited Dec 7, 2020
    miraclebuilder19, Danese and Fusafez like this.
  16. For some of our current in-testing / in-progress content that is being worked on, please visit the following link:
    https://www.mineplex.com/members/csbuildteam.173736/

-Dan

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 7, 2020
    miraclebuilder19 likes this.
  17. I don't disagree that it may be easier and quicker, but it is still time and resources that could be used for making new maps, or making the old ones better.
    Perhaps saying you've made no progress, is a bit much, but you not much has happened to gain more notable ReviveCS supporters. ReviveCS has essentially halted in terms of growth, its rare to see MPS's with more than 30 players on the weekends. Yes, of course things like the school year starting plays an effect in this, but if ReviveCS was growing, we would see the MPS's start to increase again, even in the school year. Maybe it wouldn't be as big as the summer, but it would at least be bigger than it is now. The first new map didn't really get ReviveCS much more attention, it just temporarily brought some more players for its debut, after a few weeks we were getting the same numbers that we were getting before it was released. The newest map released barely got any attention, and barely increased the amount of people playing on CS MPS's for a few days. Please tell me how re-skinning CS maps is somehow progress, because it just looks like time that could be used pushing out a new map.
    There are still no new maps listed here since I last checked a month ago.

Overall, ReviveCS proggress has been minimal at best recently, and you are still a long way away from accomplishing your goal. But you will only succeed if you focus on what really matters, and not do random things and hope someone will think it is cool.

Posted Dec 7, 2020,
    Last edited Dec 7, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  18. I just cannot agree with you here. What makes you think we don’t go over old maps gameplay wise? CSGI is constantly giving feedback off gameplay, and building CS maps is not an easy endeavour. Neither is making a “reskin” of a map, a “waste of time” it’s still a huge accomplishment considering we even MANAGED to get Christmas versions of the maps

Posted Dec 7, 2020
    miraclebuilder19, Fusafez and Danese like this.
  19. I only said making re-skins was easier compared to making a brand new map, not that they were easy as a whole, and I was going off what eToast, who is one of your builder said. I don't disagree that it is impressive you were able to make all those re-skins and get them out in time for the holidays, but I don't see how it really helps the ReviveCS movement, it isn't a bad thing that you did it, it just doesn't make sense to me why you prioritized it over making new maps/improving old ones. Perhaps there was a misinterpretation, because I never said that CSGI isn't helping fix old and new CS maps.

Posted Dec 7, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  20. I think the Christmas version of the maps is great, even if they are re-skins they still give that Christmas effect, also for castle siege maps which probably didn't happen too often before. Anyways we got 230 votes now! I personally think that the Christmas maps might make a difference to our revivecs movement!

Posted Dec 7, 2020