• 400 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3687 Players Online
  • 3287 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Bring Back Castle Siege [Evidence Regarding Its Justified Revival]

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Danese, May 1, 2020.

?

Would You Want CS To Be Brought Back?

1. Yes!

305 vote(s)
    82.7%
  2. Maybe...

31 vote(s)
    8.4%
  3. No.

33 vote(s)
    8.9%
  1. TELL ME MORE!!!

Posted Nov 16, 2020
  2. #ReviveCS
    +1

Posted Nov 16, 2020
  3. Hey! I agree that Castle Siege should be added back!
    +1 potato for u!

Posted Nov 16, 2020
  4. I agree Jtj! CS is such a broad and dynamic game that can be played from 5v5s(for competitive matches in MPSs) to 40v40s! I see no reason why anyone would not want the game to come back :D. #ReviveCS

Posted Nov 16, 2020
    miraclebuilder19, Jtj and Danese like this.
  5. It's been a while since someone posted on here. Another reason why castle siege might help is that it was unique game that brought some people to the server back then. The castle siege update in 2017 made it more fun, with more achievements to get and achievement kits. The thread has 218 votes for yes, 24 for maybe and 15 for no. Castle siege is playable on the mps, but it's not the same. The reason is you can't get achievement kits and sometimes the mps can be laggy. Lastly I would like to thank Danese for posting this amazing thread!
    #ReviveCS

Posted Nov 20, 2020
    miraclebuilder19, Danese and xDJWx like this.
  6. This thread currently has 219 votes, which is amazing. I went through the java changelog from the mineplex discord and one announcement for the butch system said that they would look into bringing back the old games, that is if there was a demand for it, similar to uhc. If castle siege was brought back it might either be exciting for the first few weeks than might slowly die down, another one might be it might be like champions or other games that you have to wait a while to get in the game. Also I'm wondering how hard is it to bring back a game that has benefited the server during the years before it was removed.

Posted Nov 21, 2020
    miraclebuilder19, Danese and Fusafez like this.
  7. 221 votes for yes, let's keep the momentum going by hosting more mps for castle siege!
    #ReviveCS

Posted Nov 28, 2020
  8. We've been consistently getting MPS's with an average of 20+ players for CS. That's pretty dang good

Posted Nov 28, 2020
  9. This thread kinda lost it's popularity, but don't worry I'll post here everyday about something great about castle siege! Let's keep the momentum and hopefully revive castle siege!

Posted Nov 29, 2020
  10. 84% vote yes. Thats a pretty high percent of people. Only 6.1% actually don't want the game to come back. A lot of ideas don't get this high of a percentage of people who vote yes.
    #ReviveCS

Posted Nov 29, 2020
  11. 223 people voted yes, while only 16 people voted no. That's a pretty large ratio if I do say so myself. You seein this mineplex?

Posted Nov 29, 2020
    miraclebuilder19, Danese and Jtj like this.
  12. You also have to note that only 263 people voted overall. Which is likely less than 1% of the players that actually play on Mineplex. I myself voted maybe because I see that it has a community backing it, but I also don't believe the community is large enough to keep the game active for a prolonged period of time.

Forum Polls, similar to polls sent out by the media, are not a good way of representing the voice of the community, and they shouldn't be used as such.

Posted Nov 29, 2020
    SpitefulNick, JN_PlayzMC, Jtj and 2 others like this.
  13. Yes, your are right but some of the arcade games or pretty much most of them are inactive, same with ctf sometimes, clans is sort of but not really, some games during the day are hard to get in, example is turf wars. I only see about 14-20 people playing the game when I check, so it takes time to get high enough votes but we are trying our best to get the word out for revivecs!

Posted Nov 29, 2020
    miraclebuilder19 likes this.
  14. If you have any ideas regarding how we can generate a census over a significantly larger sample size of the Network's player base, I'm all ears.

-Dan
    #ReviveCS

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 29, 2020
  15. UHC didn't have any major posts asking for it to be brought back and is a very slow paced game that takes minimum 20 minutes yet it still doing alright . Because of that i don't see why Castle Siege would have a problem with that , because it is a 6 minute game ( or less , i haven't played it in a while), and it also has a whole community behind it even though it no longer exists ( i know you are gonna say that it still exists , but also you know what i mean , it doesn't exist as a game that you have a specific lobby dedicated to )

Posted Nov 29, 2020
  16. I think that the poles at Carl the Creeper would appeal to that larger audience of players, because not everyone uses forums and visits mineplex social media , but there is a problem of how to get them to make a poll on there.

Posted Nov 29, 2020
    Jtj and EpicEnderDragon1 like this.
  17. If Mineplex were to do a Carl the Creeper poll, it should only be for people who have logged on to Mineplex before Jan 1st 2018 (Dec 31st 2017 and before). The reason for this is because people who started playing after the mass removal of game modes will not know what Castle Siege is. This means that the poll will be skewed.

Posted Nov 29, 2020
    Danese, Jtj and chungalunga like this.
  18. True, but i don't know how they could do that, and there are some people who have come to love the game from playing it on the MPS. By the way , your signature , its a good , i like.

Posted Nov 29, 2020
    Danese, EpicEnderDragon1 and Jtj like this.
  19. Actually mineplex's player count is around 1.4 to 2k people daily so 263 of the people isn't 1%, since castle siege was on java edition, bedrock is more popular. Also right now there is about 1.7k on right now as I post this. Castle siege might not be liked by lots, but that brought some players to the server back then, same with the removed games, like bawk bawk battles, wizards, Skyfall, castle assault, tdm. They might might be still playable in the mps but it's not the same because the mps stats don't go up and it's more likely to lag more. Also it might not seem active now, since people have in real life things to attend.

Posted Nov 29, 2020
  20. Hi there, Castle Seige is a great game. That was my favorite game throughout mineplex and will always be. I've contributed hours and hours towards castle siege because of its great mobility towards players. The objective was amazing and attacking the undead and defenders was just as fun because of all the Chaos

I remember playing with so many people back then that play today. Knowing that the game being taken away was heartbreaking since that game was the only game I played besides bridges. Castle Seige had the most games played in my stats throughout mineplex. I really hope this game comes back, because sure as I know many players would come back to mineplex and play castle siege, if not they do play on mineplex and will play castle siege again.

Thanks again for making this thread so everyone can see how diehard fans we are from castle seige.

-Justin/ghost

Posted Nov 29, 2020
    Ryan9116, yvuggu, seethbeetz and 6 others like this.