• 1351 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1351 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Bring Back Castle Siege [Evidence Regarding Its Justified Revival]

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Danese, May 1, 2020.

?

Would You Want CS To Be Brought Back?

1. Yes!

294 vote(s)
    82.4%
  2. Maybe...

31 vote(s)
    8.7%
  3. No.

32 vote(s)
    9.0%
  1. THE STATE OF CASTLE SIEGE- SEPTEMBER 3 2020
    ————————————————————————
    Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, castle siegers and castle siegettes- today we gather over the forums, not to provide facts to advocate for the Revival Movement, nor are we here to mourn the loss of CS. Today we are writing this to celebrate. We are writing this to eulogize the growth of CS. We are writing this to rejoice the bonds of our community. We are writing this to commemorate the present and anticipate the future of Castle Siege. This, my friends, is the current state of Castle Siege.

I would like to start by congratulating the community for the myriad feats achieved in the past few months. Since early April of 2020, the ReviveCS discord has grown at a rampant rate, recently reaching the magnanimous landmark of 400 members. Even better, the CSForever Mineplex community organization has reached 800 members. This is unprecedented growth for a community dedicated to the revival of a Mineplex game, making CSForever one of the largest and still one of the most popular community organizations in all of Mineplex. For this we bask in jubilation.

Who are we to thank for these triumphs? None of this could have been possible without the support of the remarkable owners of the ReviveCS Community Discord, Fusafez and Element_Uranium. Our dedicated administrative team, Cakeys, bluetiebacca, Rey, and Danese were the primary supporters of the movement as well, and none of this could have been possible without them. Additionally, our hardworking ReviveCS mods and hosts, comprising over 15 people, have poured dozens of hours of hosting and general moderation. We would like to thank Lord_of_Creeper, the backbone of our entire organization and head of one of the largest communities in Mineplex, for his contributions and advocacy towards the restoration of Castle Siege. Lastly, we would like to thank all of the players within the community and MPSs for supporting this movement, even though it meant signing up for an undetermined outcome. Today, the assiduous work of our staff team and community members allow us to rejoice the state of our community.

Next, I would like to address the rapid growth in our MPSs. In the month of August, our devoted hosts were able to accumulate a net of 60+ players in more than five Mineplex Player Servers. Even in these trying times, our hosts have shown the true meaning of resolve and put the interests of the community above themselves. The exponential MPS growth has been a sign for us, that the flame of Revival within the community is growing.

The flame of Revival is further kindled by the achievements of our community build team. Under the supervision and guidance of our incredible community build lead, Danese, we were able to produce several maps, one which is in the final stages of approval and others which are being worked on as we speak!

The successes of the past and the triumphs we pursue to achieve in the present have given us prospects for an even more prosperous future. We will be hosting more MPSs than ever and doing whatever it takes to push forward the Revival Movement. This also includes opening MCS servers more often for special minigame events and more!

With growth of MPSs and the overall community, our newest endeavor-Castle Siege Competitive League- has seen increasing hype. The first season of CSCL is coming to an end, with only three teams remaining. We have seen huge amounts of viewership in our matches- up to 30 live spectators in some of the major games. As season one ends, new guidelines and ordinances of CSCL will be posted to ensure that Season 2 runs as smoothly as possible. Stay on the lookout for announcements!

So this concludes the address of the current state of Castle Siege. The unprecedented changes in our community has further motivated our staff and community members to advocate for the Revival of Castle Siege. Everyday, we are seeing alterations and updates that strive to improve the conditions of our community and MPSs. With an sanguine view of the past few months of the Castle Siege of community, I can doubtlessly say that the current state of CS is looking bright and the future looks even brighter.

Keep Sieging!

-The ReviveCS Community Staff Team

Here is a more detailed list of all the wonderful ReviveCS Community staff members that have helped us get this far:

OUR DISCORD'S STAFF TEAM

Current Owners

-----------------------------------------------------

Element_Uranium(PJ)

Fusafez (Alex)

Current Admins

bluetiebacca , Danese, Cakey,

ReyTheEpicBirb

Current Build Lead

Danese

Current Moderators

ARareBlackBear, bearda, masterwinner99, miraclebuilder19, Obscurist, Rightest, rmotheram, Snekentine, TheLukePork, weerwolven

Current Builders

ARareBlackBear, bluetiebacca, burntchicken115, Cakeys, _Codetta_, eToast_, masterwinner99, Mohawk2, NoobiOri, OpticsVision, ReyTheEpicBirb, Val_Mobile, TheLukePork

Current CSGI

2000SuperSilver, Aamina, BasicallyAName, Crimsonites, Danese, DooDooBug25, Fusafez, Lord_of_Creeper, Moepses, Mohawk2, OpticsVision, ReyTheEpicBirb, rqil, S13sb, Cakeys

Current MPS Hosts

bluetiebacca, Cakey, Clank, Fusafez, Knazamn, LordSobek, LupeTheMammoth, rmotheram, Sheepea, Jtj, Paladise_, Brayyyden, Theo, TheLukePork, weerwolven, Snekentine, miraclebuilder19

*please note that this list is changing often as we get new hosts, so it may not be 100% updated!

Posted Sep 3, 2020
  2. I have a new idea for a Castle Siege queuing system:

CS lobbies will accommodate 20-60 players. A new lobby will only be started when the first one is full. There will be a notification displayed when a CS game is about to start. There will be an option to turn off this notification. If you log off, or are disconnected, you will have the option to rejoin. If you rejoin when you are a Defender, you will be a wolf, even if you didn't die before.

Credit to @Paladise and @Mohawk2 for this next part:

Like in Mine-Strike, you will be able to join in game. You will be placed on the team that has less players. If the teams are even you will be randomly put on one of them. If you are placed on the undead team, you will spawn as normal. However, if you are placed on the Defenders team, you will spawn as a wolf. Rewards for winning or losing should be reduced depending on when you joined the game.

Posted Sep 3, 2020
    Fusafez, GAM, andr3w and 2 others like this.
  3. Hey,

Damn, @Rightest, that's a very well written speech. Very well thought out and, honestly, is truly humbling to read. c:

Not going to lie, but this idea actually seems like a good one, in my opinion. Some games can last for relatively longer periods of time than that of the other game modes presently on Mineplex. Being able to join mid-game would prove to be beneficial for individuals who, like me, enjoy teleporting to in-progress lobbies rather than wait in the main hub until a server becomes open to join for a new game.

-Dan

#ReviveCS

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 3, 2020
    DooDooBug25, Fusafez, GAM and 9 others like this.
  4. 172 votes agreeing to CS’s addition to 14 not agreeing :thinking:

Posted Sep 3, 2020
    GAM, Jtj, rmotheram and 5 others like this.
  5. Bring back Castle Siege!!!

Posted Sep 3, 2020
    ARareBlackBear, GAM, Jtj and 5 others like this.
  6. I miss Castle Siege. I remember the first time I saw Captain Sparklez play it and I went crazy. I used to grind Castle Siege, and it just made me so happy as a child. +1, I need this back and so do many other people in the community.

Posted Sep 4, 2020
    Jtj, Danese, Mohawk2 and 3 others like this.
  7. Whetstone has finally been added to Castle Siege!!!!!!
    Thanks @Mohawk2 for making such an amazing map!!

#ReviveCS :D

Posted Sep 6, 2020
    Danese, Jtj, Mohawk2 and 3 others like this.
  8. So some things I would like to note:

If CS were to be re-added, I'd assume all of its current GI members would become officially part of the new CS game insights.

Currently the CS build team has 13 members, which is 1 more member then our current build team has. As you may know, there have been several recent resignations within our Build Team, so I do believe the CS one won't stay larger than it for much longer. However, because of the size of the CS build team, I propose it either becomes its own team entirely, or a subteam or a subteam of the Build team. I know the CS build team and GI aren't shrinking any time soon, so I definitely think this is a possibility.

Posted Sep 6, 2020,
    Last edited Sep 7, 2020
    Danese, Jtj and miraclebuilder19 like this.
  9. I would like castle siege to be brought back and I've been playing in the mps for a few months and the game is really fun. I'm one of the hosts for the discord!
    #ReviveCS

Posted Sep 8, 2020
  10. why hasnt this idea passed? lol mineplex please listen to the community its clearly in your best interest to add this back.

Posted Sep 9, 2020
  11. Anyone down to start a fix clans movement lol? Also if CS came back and was done correctly like UHC was I think you could definitely see some OG’s come back. Personally I remember play CS and I loved it so much. It makes great content for Youtubers, and also is a TON of fun. I hope this can go through.

Posted Sep 9, 2020
  12. Castle Siege was quite fun and I enjoyed chilling on stream, w/ friends on it, also, I've seen (on good days) MULTIPLE mpses hosting a castle siege game, I don't understand why this was removed in the first place.

Posted Sep 9, 2020
  13. It was mainly removed because the queues took so long to fill up, just like what happened with UHC originally. I do think that if Castle Siege came back with a few changes, it could bring back a large amount of older players.

Posted Sep 9, 2020
  14. We are hard at work with planning some super fun stuff for you guys. Your support for our movement is well appreciated. We just got a new map released and there are plenty more that will come in the future. We literally have every bit of resources that you need to add the game back. If you need a build team, we have a build team. If need to balance the game and need experienced members, we have a CSGI team for that. In addition, we have plenty of experienced players in our community. The fact that there is so much support for bringing this game back shows just how much it would help the server to bring the game back
    #ReviveCS

Posted Sep 10, 2020
  15. We got 1 more host for the mps! Fiercedougal5! I also finally got eternal!
    #ReviveCS

Posted Sep 10, 2020,
    Last edited Sep 12, 2020
  16. Since school started, I will be trying to host every weekends! I normally get about 5 to 15 players!
    #ReviveCS

Posted Sep 13, 2020
  17. Bring back CS please and thank you.

Posted Sep 15, 2020
  18. Can mineplex really even say they listen to the community if they don't listen to the most popular request thread on the entire forums? It even has more than double the views of the second most popular idea thread and over triple the likes. It's also by far the largest mps-only game community, and is larger than many of the current non-mps games. Seriously, it'd be kinda ridiculous if they decide not to.

Posted Sep 20, 2020
  19. Hey,

Our community is hosting a special MCS event on September 26th, from 4 pm-6 pm EST. Details are provided in the link below!!

Castle Siege Game Event

-The CS Community

#ReviveCS

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 21, 2020
    Lord_of_Creeper, Jtj, Fusafez and 4 others like this.
  20. Posted Sep 21, 2020,
    Last edited Sep 21, 2020
    Lord_of_Creeper, Jtj, Fusafez and 5 others like this.