• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7119 Players Online
  • 4229 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Bring Back Castle Siege [Evidence Regarding Its Justified Revival]

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Danese, May 1, 2020.

?

Would You Want CS To Be Brought Back?

1. Yes!

185 vote(s)
    82.6%
  2. Maybe...

25 vote(s)
    11.2%
  3. No.

14 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. CS should only take 20+ players to start, but I do think it should use a queuing system that favors larger games.

Posted Jun 29, 2020
  2. Yes we have suggested starting at 20 players, and we've proven that players will play. With butch there will be little time in the lobby. If Bridges can have 40 player lobbies and not have long wait times, then I'm sure CS will not have long waits as well.

Posted Jun 29, 2020
    Lord_of_Creeper and Danese like this.
  3. Additionally, when players mention Castle Siege not having enough players back in 2017, one should remember that there were lots of games (spreading the playerbase) and a different queue system back in the day.

Posted Jun 29, 2020
  4. That is actually a really good point. If bridges can handle a game of 40 players, then Castle Siege can definitely handle a game of around 50 players. Here is my opinion on the whole players issue:

First off, our server gets at least 15-20 players on the weekdays. This number might look low, but if consider that we are an MPS, it will make a lot of sense. This number will always be less than the number of players playing the game if it were to be an actual game. The reason is that in order for people to actually play Castle Siege on MPS, they have to actually be aware that there is a daily MPS for only Castle Siege. A lot of players don't even pay attention to MPSes. Also, MPSes are generally not run on a daily basis and they usually done one time maybe to host a private session, so even if a player does happen to check and see it, they may just think that it's a one time thing and not actually something that is run every day. In order for a player to actually know that a daily Castle Siege MPS exists, they would have to actively pay attention to MPSes every day which is something that I don't think a lot of players do, unless they are actually expecting something to be there. The only other way to know about our MPS is to be active on the forums. This is also something that a lot of players don't do. There are many players out there who are just there to enjoy the games and don't really participate in the community or the forums. In fact, I was not an active member on the forums since 2016 and I started playing on Mineplex back in early 2014. If Castle Siege were to be an actual game, everybody would know about it and there would be a lot more players.
    Secondly, reducing the player count to 50 would resolve all the issues with having to wait very long for games filling up. The game still works great when the player count is at 50 players and its still playable at even 20.

Overall, there will be a lot more players than what our MPS has when the game is added back and those games will take less time to fill up by lowering the player count for each time.
    #ReviveCS

Posted Jun 29, 2020
  5. The average time is only 8 minutes if you assume Defenders will always win, which is not at all the case. The game has an 8.3 minute timer. Yeah, that is a while if there is only one or two games going on at a time and you are forced to wait. It mostly depends on the players in the game on either team, but from my observations, Undead win a bit more than Defenders. You can't really put an average game time on CS because of all the factors that go into how long a game lasts.
    Games never started at 80 players. That was the player cap in a lobby after Summer 2017. If you are suggesting a game cap at 20, you would need to be careful with game balancing because if you go a bit lower than 20, it may become harder for either team to really coordinate their attacks/defenses. While I agree that the player minimum should be lowered from 40 due to the player count on Mineplex, I don't agree that it should be cut to a maximum of 20 players.

Posted Jun 30, 2020
  6. I highly agree with this i personally think that the player minimum should be 20 and the max should be around 50 or 60.

Posted Jun 30, 2020
  7. no one is going to play it lol
    if you think that successfully running CS events through discord proves that people will constantly join the queue for it, then I don't know what to tell you

Posted Jul 2, 2020
  8. If you read all the info and think CS wont get players i don't know want to tell you sorry man read the post then comment

Posted Jul 2, 2020
  9. Why would nobody play it? CS has a bigger community than every Mixed Aracde Game, Skywars and Champions. This thread alone proves that people will play CS. This is the top thread in every category in the entire ideas hub. If people see a new game, they are going to play it. People who have quit Mineplex because this game was removed will also come back and play it. Our CS discord events is not the only reason we have given that CS will not fail.Our CS MPS is consistently one of the most popular MPS's so clearly people are going to play CS. You have to read all the details before giving critisium.

Posted Jul 2, 2020
    Lord_of_Creeper, Danese and Fusafez like this.
  10. I just realized that we are just about to hit 400 discord members, if we have not already hit it. Also this thread has now reached over 200 replies.
    #ReviveCS

Posted Jul 4, 2020
  11. You didn't read this thread at all lol

If you think over 80 people voting on the poll to re-add CS doesn't prove anything, then I don't know what to tell you.

If you think over 390 people's voices coming together in an effort to bring back their favorite game doesn't prove anything, then I don't know what to tell you.

If you think this thread becoming the number 1 viewed, number 1 replied to, and number 1 liked thread in this forums section doesn't prove anything, then I don't know what to tell you.

If you think that this is all that we bring to the table, then you haven't read anything in this thread. Oh, and also, "then I don't know what to tell you."

-Dan

#ReviveCS

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 4, 2020,
    Last edited Jul 4, 2020
  12. hmm almost seems like you didn’t even bother to read the thread.. Dislike or like the game, you cannot have an argument without any reason behind your thoughts.

Posted Jul 4, 2020
  13. I totally agree! Bring back CS!!

Posted Jul 4, 2020
  14. I will reply to your post because this is a discussion thread, which makes continuing discussion more than encouraged as per the definition of "new game discussion."

A) I'm not entirely sure what you're referring to, to be honest. Which I guess is expected since you haven't joined all that often.
    There have been some instances where the game host crashed due to internet connection issues, resulting in their MPS being closed; however, according to our #server-status, this was picked up fairly quickly.

B) Hitbox glitching is being fixed in the next map issues update. Our build team has been hard at work with those map fixes, and they have been tested and are waiting to be pushed.

Also, we don't use spam bots. There's this crazy concept called control + c and control + v while using the lobby selector to advertise in lobbies... Not that this is a new concept or anything.

"Thanks for reading this post and please do not reply to it to continue to boost this thread so you can claim that 'This thread has gained the most replies within the "New Game Discussion" section.'"

"Thread boosting" still doesn't explain the over 100 likes this thread has received, nor does it explain the 390+ Discord members nor does it explain the overwhelming amount of support on this thread's poll!

-Dan

#ReviveCS

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 4, 2020
    Young_Inventor likes this.
  15. Alright that first point is fair. Some days are just slow, alright? That's true about literally every game anywhere. And, if there were to be a live CS server on the Network, more players would be joining because there would be a server right in front of them when they walk out of spawn. I never checked the MPS NPC up until a few weeks ago to begin with.

The second point... those were legitimate players who left our CS server and went into EVENT-1 because someone posted "They're playing CS in EVENT-1" in CSForever... (I was one of them, though I only posted a message once :3 )

-Dan
    #ReviveCS

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 4, 2020
  16. What are you even trying to prove with this? I don't remember this happening, but even if it did, it does not mean that CS can't be revived. MPS's and MCS's sometimes don't have a lot of people. Some days there are just less people on the server. Our CS MPS's are consistently the highest ones. If it is not the top one, it is usually in the top 5. Can you make an MPS that gets 20-30 players at its peak times?

Posted Jul 4, 2020
    Danese likes this.
  17. Hey about the
    Hey i was playing on the Event when the spammers joined and well i cant defend it i can say that all our mods and leaders of our discord told them not to spam when they said they were gonna i know for a fact that the people who spammed are not the ones working hard to get this game back and i believe the person who spammed was punished

Posted Jul 4, 2020
  18. Also i have seen you come on twice both times were during low parts of the day on weekdays this last week we have had a consistent 30+ players every day all day as far as the hitboxing glitch goes that is getting patched soon along with a revamp for all maps and multiple new maps being built/accepted good day sir

Posted Jul 4, 2020
    rmotheram, Danese and Young_Inventor like this.
  19. I have already addressed the whole thing with only having 20 players on MPS. Here is the post I made earlier:

#ReviveCS

Posted Jul 4, 2020
    Danese, christxqn and Young_Inventor like this.
  20. Hey, guys!!

Just as a heads up, StarMiner is currently streaming CS!

-Dan

#ReviveCS

EDIT

If there was a dedicated server for CS, development could add additional RAM to it, resulting in the server not lagging as badly as shown in this stream.

Also, a hard cap of 50 players would drastically reduce the start-up lag (shown in the stream) when the rounds begin.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 5, 2020,
    Last edited Jul 7, 2020