• 353 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4374 Players Online
  • 4021 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Bring Back Castle Defense

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by @$^*!), Mar 3, 2021.

1. Castle Defense was a fun game, but since it's only for Halloween, it gets removed, however, I think they should keep it because it's fun and will attract more players to the server. To make up a Halloween game make Halloween remixes of current games, and I also have a game Idea that I can reply to or post again later.

Posted Mar 3, 2021
    Jet Starglaze likes this.
  2. Pretty sure that staff were thinking of making it a permanent gamemode. It was for Halloween though so I highly doubt they will make it permanent until it returns again in October. The game was pretty good though, but was boring and pretty easy.

Posted Mar 3, 2021
  3. Posted Mar 3, 2021
    Kight and Ryan9116 like this.
  4. They should add more twists then, in the game. like differant blocks maybe. or traps.

Posted Mar 3, 2021
    Kight, Ryan9116 and Mothy like this.
  5. Yeah, they'll most definitely add more stuff to it in October without a doubt. Not too sure about more blocks though. Meh for traps. Could work but they'll probably be overpowered depending on where you can place them.

Posted Mar 3, 2021
  6. I would love to see it back but I think there is some good of it staying as a Halloween exclusive. It also makes it easier for the devs to work on other things as there is not a need to code a new Halloween game.

I think there is a fine line between adding a bunch things to make the game "more interesting" and ending up with too complicated of a game that people will just quit in the middle of rather than playing. I definitely think that some more spice could be added to Castle Defense while still holding on to the original simple concept of the game. Because to me, that is really important. The simplicity yet diverse gameplay is what makes a game enticing and encourages people to keep playing it.

Take Cake Wars for example. That is one of the reasons why it is super popular. The concept is simple: defend your cake. Yet there are some small and simple concepts built onto that: capture the beacons, but simple (and familiar, because most are vanilla) upgrades. If we get too foreign with the ideas, it ends up being hard for people to understand and they will not take the time to have that learning curve; they will just quit.

Anyway, that was kinda a tangent.

TL;DR: Would be great to see it again but probably would be better in my opinion to wait until Halloween, some more spice could be good but make sure it is simple and not too complicated.

Posted Mar 3, 2021
    Mothy and yvuggu like this.
  7. I definitely agree that it was a fun game. I might be biased because I helped make and then test the game, but I think it was a fun game. And there was no doubt it was a success, having 1000+ players throughout the majority of the event.

HOWEVER, that's part of what made it successful. It was a limited time game-mode, something we haven't really recently done on Bedrock, and being something novel and interesting was what made it successful, even aside from the fact it was just fun to play in general.

My fear is that doing what you suggest would take away from the novelty of the game, and because of its limited playstyles, people would eventually grow bored. Keeping it as a permanent game mode was something that was considered originally, believe me. It was hard to argue with the numbers the game got. But, if our experience with this year's Winter Event should tell us anything, it's that just because a game is successful for the few weeks it is out doesn't mean it'll stay that way in the long term.

I'm no definitive or ultimate authority on the matter, but I can confidently tell you Castle Defence won't come back as a permanent game based on the discussions/conversations I've been in.

It's a great game, and you better bet I want it to come back for this next Halloween (hopefully with improvements, but we'll see what the development team chooses to do), but that's about it. It's a great game, and in the interest of keeping it that way, it should stay as limited time.

Thanks for the idea,
    Isaac.

Posted Mar 3, 2021