• 699 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3278 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Bring Back Bridges Canyon Map

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by alice, Jan 14, 2020.

?

Should they bring it back?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, with alterations.

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I really enjoyed Canyon map, the huge tree in the middle, the distinctiveness of the map, I guess it may have been removed because of the height border and the traps people designed, however, they could alter that. I thoroughly enjoyed this map as it was like no other, it reminded me of the Wild-West - I truly loved the design. I really do miss this map and I'd really love if they brought it back to Bridges. I can't wait to hear your opinions down below>

Posted Jan 14, 2020
    vezay likes this.
  2. This used to be my favourite Bridges map, so I'm very much for bringing it back. I loved the compactness, the huge height differences from the cave entrance at the bottom to the houses at the top which made it feel a lot different from other maps, and the general aesthetic. You were half right in that it was removed for bug issues and poor gameplay, so as long as it was altered enough so that those issues were no longer present, I agree that it should be brought back. I don't think it's a high priority for the Map Issues team as of now though, and the map would probably need to be altered significantly so it would take a long time.

Posted Jan 14, 2020
    alice likes this.
  3. Hey gamer,

This used to be one of my favorite maps in bridges with how unique and different the map was structured. However, it wasn't removed because of the border or traps. It was removed due to numerous map issues, which I have received from asking a build lead. The map issues I was given are as listed:
    - team islands were pretty small
    - mid was so small
    - bridges were weird
    - barely any food
    - caves were small due to the bedrock preventing players from going outside map boundaries
    - bridges were too small/narrow

I do agree with these issues, it was very difficult to play on the unique bridges and the mid wasn't big enough to host team fights. I would love to see this map get a revamp and be introduced back into the map pool. Regardless of how I feel about the map, there are issues that need to be fixed before it should be brought back.

Posted Jan 14, 2020
    Crazyy_Tim likes this.
  4. Hey!

While I think that Canyon was a very unique map and I had some great times playing on it, I personally don't want to see it come back. As @landay mentioned the gameplay was below par with small team islands and mid. I also felt like the whole map was very cramped with little room between the team islands, making it easy to rush other islands and kill unprepared players. I think that the Bridges maps we have now are so much better than Canyon and I don't feel it's necessary to bring it back.

Posted Jan 24, 2020
  5. Thank you for taking the time in writing this idea. Sadly as @Landon stated, it’s currently not planned to bring back this map. He kindly listed some of the reasons and I highly suggest reading them. Since the idea is not planned I’m going to lock the thread. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to message me.

Thread locked > Idea not planned

Posted Jan 24, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.