• 218 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5765 Players Online
  • 5547 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Java Bridges Update (03/06/2020)

Discussion in 'Update Changelogs' started by EmmaLie, Mar 6, 2020.

1. [​IMG]

Hey guys! It's time for a game update! Today we're updating bridges using a lot of community feedback. A huge thank you to our GI team as well as the community members who gave feedback on the suggested changes and of course our community management and ideas team members for providing their gathered feedback. This update is full of balance changes to kits, achievement and statistic changes and contains a sprinkling of bug fixes. Check out the full change-log below!​

Bridges Change-log:

Kit Changes
    Apple
    - Reduced range of Throwing Apples by 50%
    - Reduced knockback dealt by Throwing Apples by 50%
    - Reduced damage dealt by each Throwing Apple to 0.25HP

Berserker
    - Added a leap cap of 8 leaps
    - Leap cap is only applied once the bridges drop
    - You can regenerate leap charges by attacking enemy players

Archer
    - Increased maximum Fletched Arrow count from 4 to 5
    - New ability: QUICKSHOT
    - Left-clicking with a bow instantly fires an arrow in front of you

Brawler
    - Reduce incoming damage modifier from -1 to -0.75 damage per hit
    - Reduce knockback dealt from 115% to 110%
    - Increase knockback received from 85% to 90%
    - Brawler now starts with a Diamond Sword instead of an Iron Sword

Bomber
    - Added particles above Throwing TNT to identify which team threw the TNT

Destructor
    - Added Poison I effect to players damaged by Seismic Charge
    - Effect duration is scaled based on the player's distance to the impact location

Misc. Changes
    - Kit descriptions updated to reflect kit changes
    - "Death Bomber" achievement reduced from 5 to 3 kills
    - Added "Projectile Damage" statistic
    - Increased feather drop rate
    - Each chicken will now drop between 1 and 3 feathers

Bug Fixes
    - Fixed players being teleported back while using Leap abilities in water
    - Fixed player inventory not dropping on quit
    - Death messages now correctly state if a player was killed by water

Posted Mar 6, 2020,
    Last edited Mar 6, 2020
    Truthhs, savbeta, Specy and 33 others like this.
  2. Great to see that bridges was updated. One of my favorite games on the network.

Posted Mar 6, 2020
  3. Awesome update! I especially love and appreciate the alterations to the Berserker kit where the game is now less of a chasing game due to the kit only having 8 available leaps after the bridges fall. Glad to see one of my favourite games on the network being updated.

Posted Mar 6, 2020
  4. Good to see this live :P

Posted Mar 6, 2020
  5. Ooooh! This looks very interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing how this may affect the play styles of many people in game. The changes to Berserker should hopefully make other kits slightly more viable. Adjusting the death bomber achievement should make it easier for me to get it too! Shoutout to the GI team for the effort they put into brainstorming these changes as well as QA/T for testing them out, and I hope to see more updates like this in the future :)

Posted Mar 6, 2020
    Glamourized and Hxmza like this.
  6. Yesss!! So happy to see that bridges got an update! I really like this update and think the berserker update is very balanced. I am sad to see the appler nerf, but oh well, I guess appler can't be too OP!

Posted Mar 6, 2020
    Im_Ken likes this.
  7. Oh nice, a Bridges update! I think it's fantastic that we got a game update with many patches that seem beneficial to the game. I don't play Bridges as much anymore, but I'll definitely give it another try soon to see these changes in action. Thanks to everyone who helped collect feedback for these changes so that they could eventually become a reality!

Posted Mar 6, 2020
    Im_Ken likes this.
  8. Good to see a forgotten classic finally get its deserved update, are all changes listed in the changelog or are there changes to game rewards and more achievement changes?

Posted Mar 6, 2020
    Xukuwu and Im_Ken like this.
  9. It says: full change-log so I guess all changes are posted here.

Posted Mar 6, 2020
    Im_Ken likes this.
  10. I'm really delighted to see a game like bridges get updated after so long! I like all of the changes and nerfs, especially the berseker's leaps having a cap now. I believe that's going to be a huge game changer and I'm interested to see how the games will play out from now on! I also like changes like Archer's quickshot ability, destructors applying poison and TNT having particles to identify which team threw them! Huge thank you to both GI, CoM and IT teams along with everyone else who suggested ideas and was involved with the update! I'm hoping to see more updates like these for other games like MS or maybe even SG!

Posted Mar 6, 2020,
    Last edited Mar 6, 2020
    scarlet, nolawn, landay and 1 other person like this.
  11. Hey!

This is a really awesome update! This is definitely going to make me want to play more Bridges! Super excited to play a round! Thanks again to everyone involved in making this happen.

Posted Mar 6, 2020
    Glamourized likes this.
  12. THANKS MINEPLEX SUCH AN AMAZING UPDATE

Posted Mar 6, 2020
    Glamourized and xdxdLTS like this.
  13. good job Mineplex you start take a control on the server more than 2019 good job I so glad to see what happen this year

Posted Mar 6, 2020
    Roy2006m likes this.
  14. Hopefully these updates are more plentiful in the future! Great job team!

Posted Mar 6, 2020
    Look_Dan, scarlet and Acerna like this.
  15. Hmmm what about stalling the games by skybasing its gonna be even harder to kill them now with the limit on leaps?Maybe make deathmatch after 30mins of game like hypixel uhc? and wanna make so ppl can’t exploit 1.14 swimming it’s annoying.

Posted Mar 6, 2020
    LTS, d9_ and KUMSERBIA like this.
  16. Ooo, a game update. Long time no see.

I certainly hope the changes made are adequate for balancing the game, though I guess it'll be a couple days or weeks until we learn that. Also the water leap bug being fixed is great, countless games would have been affected/ruined by that. Hope there's not a more sinister bug here to replace it.

Posted Mar 6, 2020
  17. I like everything but berserker,its bad update man like LTS say then do smth about skybasing or back normal berserker with unlimited leaps

Posted Mar 6, 2020
  18. I love this update! I am happy to see an update go towards bridges as it hasn't had one in a super long time, I am super pleased to find out about appler it was an extremely annoying kit but now it's nerf and I am happy to see that! I am also happy to find out about the water bug, the water bug is what got me killed so many times in bridges and now I am happy to see that it was fixed! Amazing update. <3

Posted Mar 6, 2020
  19. I'm extremely excited to see this update go live. Appler got nerfed, so that means I can't be obnoxious in Bridges anymore haha. But honestly, I'm super glad to see that there were many balance changes and bug fixes, that definitely make the game more enjoyable for everyone :)

Posted Mar 6, 2020
  20. I look forward to my return to sweating this game. Big thanks to the staff team and update team.

Posted Mar 6, 2020