• 877 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8844 Players Online
  • 7967 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Bridges - Trapper Kit

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by maiuki, Jun 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello Everyone!

I wanted to suggest a new kit for bridges. I am personally very fond of trapping people, and with the current resources available to mine in bridges it is very difficult to be creative.

When players select the Trapper kit, they will have the following inventory of items when the game begins
    - 4 sticky pistons
    - 4 regular pistons
    - 32 redstone
    - 2 obsidian

I feel like the addition of this kit will allow players who maybe aren't so good at pvp or to have a chance at defeating a large team of skilled players. (Theres a lot you can do with pistons!!!). It would be a very interesting element to add to the game, and trapping people in general is super funny haha.

Let me know your thoughts!!

Posted Jun 25, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  2. The addition of a kit like this would be used in malicious ways far more than the way it's intended. Pistons in Bridges would be very problematic because players would be able to use them to get away from their island prior to bridge fall and obsidian, when used by multiple people on a team, can easily block in a teammate and ruin their game

Posted Jun 25, 2019
    Johnny Welamton and hazeae24 like this.
  3. It's really impossible to leave your island even with pistons due to the border. If you try to cross the partial bridge that already exists before bridges drops you'll be flung back with a "GET BACK TO YOUR ISLAND" message. In terms of the obsidian trapping issue, it's really difficult to do that. Even with furnace team trapping, a player has to be afk in order to actually trap them. If you so happen to get stuck, all you have to do is re-log and you're out of the trap.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 25, 2019
  4. The makeshift bridge will be there regardless and arguably give you a pretty big advantage against other players on the way to getting mid depending on what map it occurs on. Obsidian can be used for many more things than just blocking up a player, including a player's furnace with all of their iron and whatnot inside

Posted Jun 25, 2019
    Johnny Welamton and hazeae24 like this.
  5. Depending on the area ONLY 2 obsidian wouldn't really matter.

The kit seems pretty harmless. Players find lots of creative ways to use the little things they have, and bridges is no exception. Only thing that may happen is a redstone-powered airship, but from what @Parrotlet said I believe this kit is great.

Edit: Yes I am an idiot, I now realize slime blocks are not available.

Also, what'll be the price of the kit?

Posted Jun 25, 2019
    maiuki likes this.
  6. 5000 gems would be a good price. That is the average cost of most kits.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 26, 2019
  7. Yo!

I'm all for adding new kits for new styles of gameplay, but I am not sure that this kit would be the right way to go. The issue with this kit is that it could easily be used for team trolling and make it more frustrating for players who are simply trying to play the game. As Rail previously stated, players could easily abuse pistons to create bridges or ledges that would give them an unfair advantage over other teams depending on the map or kit (Berserkers).

Even though it is only two blocks of obsidian, multiple players could choose the same kit and use their combined obsidian to block furnaces in completely. Overall, I don't see a lot of players using this kit for its intended purposes and I feel that this will only give players more ways to troll others.

Posted Jun 26, 2019
  8. Hey! As a Bridges player myself, this new kit can easily be abused and cause even more trouble. This can lead to team trolling as players blocking their teammates inside the obsidian. Overall this kit isn't fit for the gameplay.

Posted Jun 26, 2019
  9. Honestly, I am all for adding new kits this game needs more brought to it!

Posted Jun 27, 2019
  10. Hey!
    As users above have mentioned, this kit could be used maliciously against your team. Pistons could be used to build away from your island before bridges have spawned; despite not being able to cross it until bridges have spawned, it still gives players the advantage of having pre-made route off their island before the bridges spawn. Obsidian is also a problematic block as it could be used to trap teammates who may not have the means to mine it quickly. Overall, this kit could result in a lot of team trolling, so I will be marking this thread as Not Planned, but thank you for the idea!

Not Planned -> Denied by GI

Posted Apr 15, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.