• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8146 Players Online
  • 5256 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Bridges - Make xp bar show Leap count (Berserker Kit)

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by karehn, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Hi,

Sometimes in Bridges, when the chat has flooded, I find it hard to remember/find out how many leaps I have (in Berserker kit),

I think a small little game alteration, in which the XP bar shows the amount of leaps you have left (0-8), could just make it that 1 bit easier to remember.

I've had experiences where I have not been aware of the leap count, and tried to leap bit had none and fell into void - so I think this could just be something to help with that!

Thanks!!

Posted Aug 10, 2020
  2. I agree, sometimes I can forget how many leaps I have just because the chat can become so flooded, it would be convenient to have it shown on the XP bar. +1

Posted Aug 10, 2020
    Goldek and karehn like this.
  3. Thread moved to Game Alterations

Yeah, this is honestly just that type of a small Quality of Life change that wouldn't really hurt anyone and would only make things easier and smoother.

I don't really play Bridges, but I can imagine sometimes the chat can get flooded fast and easily and you won't have any way to see how many leaps you have left without wasting one to see the message in the chat again.

That's all I have to say. It's small but pretty useful and I don't think anyone would mind having it implemented on the server.

Posted Aug 10, 2020
    Goldek and karehn like this.
  4. Hello!

I just think putting that to your XP bar isn't something really great to see at least for me. The reason for that is because some players won't be aware of what it means which will make them be confused which isn't good to see. Also, it will lead to an issue with enchanting items in OP Bridges which we can play while we are hosting Mineplex Events. I personally don't want to see that players won't be able to enchant their items during that because your XP will display leaps amount.

The possible way how to implement that without creating issues and problems for other things is to display that information in the action bar (above your inventory). There we will be able to include full text with the information about how many leaps you have which will be a more understandable thing for the majority of a playerbase. During recharging, it will be just covered with a cooldown bar and after Leap was recharged, it will back to display your leaps amount with a text explaining that. It will follow your idea to see how many leaps you have without using that will be in the area of your inventory too. It will be a rather better thing to see but what you are suggesting and I hope you got me why it's like that.

Overall, I will give -0.5 to that idea since putting that thing to XP bar won't be understandable for most players and will have a conflict with other thing but I like that idea of that thing which will be better to implement with a way what I have suggested here. Anyway, thanks for the idea.

Posted Aug 10, 2020
    karehn likes this.
  5. Thanks for your feedback!

The reason I selected the Xp bar to be where the leaps are shown, is because apart from events, like you stated, it is useless. Xp has no impact whatsoever in the game, however I myself, and I’m sure other players would feel that this is something that’s easy to locate with your eye, rather than scrolling back up in the chat, and could save and handle the stress.

Also, you said that it would confuse players, but, in an ideal situation this would only be visible to those who chose the Berserker kit, and I’m sure it wouldn’t be that difficult to figure it out.

Finally, I understand that this could affect the event game where you are given Xp, however I don’t feel like one event game, that occurs perhaps for a week out of a year, should blockade a game alteration, that could be very useful to some players. I have stated above that sometimes it’s difficult to scroll back up on the chat, and count how many leaps I have got, but this feature could just be something that’s quick and easy, like I’ve said.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 10, 2020
  6. OP Bridges during events wasn't the main factor why it's not good for XP bar but the factor was that it won't be understandable enough by the majority of players who are using Berserker Kit which will make them confused (remember that it's a default kit in Bridges). If we are adding a feature, it should fit the most players but not for a specific player(s) to be a convenient way to get specific information which is in that case amount of remain leaps.

Also, I just got another issue to which it can lead and it is a displaying how much damage you dealt to a player which is shown as the number of levels you have in the XP bar. It's a cool thing to have and removal that I don't see as necessary to do as it's so helpful thing to have and some players may like to have that feature.

The idea with action bar which I brought it my reply basically follows the same idea as your one with displaying that on the XP bar because action bar is something which is so easy to detect with your eyes on your screen too since it's just above your inventory. So, it will be always visible for all players who are using the Berserker kit (it won't be only in the case if it's recharging which should be fine), and they will understand clearly what it means because it will tell you how many leaps you have left with a clear text but not just a number. That thing will actually resolve a problem which you mentioned in the first post too just like your idea with XP bar but players will get the more convenient way to get that information. I just think you didn't read until that part of my reply where I have suggested making that with the action bar.

Keep in mind that the action bar is a text above your inventory in the middle of your screen which is not the chat and works separately. It's currently used to display cooldown bar of the abilities in all games as well as for some things in some games to display kit functions (example: Toggle of Barrage for Archer Kit in SG). I just hope you understand that it's a more convenient way to see that information but not XP bar.

Posted Aug 10, 2020
  7. I don’t know what you mean by an action bar but my idea/suggestion was supposed to be simplistic. I have personally never even heard about the XP bar showing damage to players, nor have ever found it useful, I don’t think it’s a feature that will be greatly missed if this was to occur. I appreciate your feedback, however I feel as if my suggestion would be easier for Devs to actually input, and I am still not 100% sure what you mean by an action bar.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 10, 2020

8. I have explained already in my previous post what action bar is at the end of my reply and here I will quote it again:
    On the screenshot below, you can see an example of text showing in action bar which is a cooldown of Berserker Leap in that case. Also, you can see how much damage a player dealt to another player which is displayed with a number 7 as your level amount here which means you dealt 7 damage to the player.
    [​IMG]

Here is another example of the text in the action bar with a game searching text:
    [​IMG]

What I have suggested here is basically showing how many leaps you have left by using that action bar which is a better thing to have rather than showing that as a level amount (which is shown as 100 on the screenshot above). That text will be hidden only when your Leap is recharging but for the rest of time, it will be displayed. It will be easy to do for Developers as well. I just hope you understand now what I actually meant to do about that thing.

Posted Aug 10, 2020
    karehn likes this.
  9. I completely agree - the chat displaying leap counts is not ideal, and in most bridges chases it is not a viable option.

I want to bring something up... and that is the XP bar is used in most games to show damage done from projectiles as well as melee hits. So as a matter of fact, the XP isn't useless in that it does have something coded into it. From this perspective, you can't have this implemented to show there.

Given this, I agree whole heartedly with what @Evgeen has about the action bar as it is already being used to show cooldowns as well as the "Berserker Leap Recharged" message. It would make perfect since for there to be lingering text about how many leaps you still have.

Let me know if you have any questions/comments.
    Thanks for the idea!
    ~ Bobert / Erik

Posted Aug 10, 2020
    karehn and Evgeen like this.
  10. Thanks for explaining - in fact I prefer this idea more

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 11, 2020