• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12319 Players Online
  • 9429 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Briber Kit (Block Hunt)

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by Mathuu, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Greetings Mineplexians!

Today, I bring before you an idea proposal, for a new Block Hunt kit, that will be unlockable through completion of all possible Block Hunt achievements. I call it, the Briber Kit.

The Briber Kit has the ability to bribe a Hunter every 30 - 60 seconds or so, and the bribe will last for only 5 - 10 seconds. When you bribe them, it blinds them for 5 - 10 seconds, and while they are blinded, a list of current Hiders will pop up in front of you. The Briber will be able to select which Hider's location he would like to reveal. The location only lasts for a short duration, about 3 seconds. This ability cannot be used on the same Hunter, once it has been used. The Hider will only be able to use this ability 2 - 3 times. I understand this kit may be a bit too buffed, but that's where you come in! Please leave your thoughts below, and I will include them in the thread.

Posted Jun 26, 2020
    afterfive and 0775 like this.
  2. sounds like an interesting idea, although it is kinda a mix of instant hiders smoke bomb and radar. I am a bit confused on how exactly the bribing should work since often hunters just hunt alone and you rarely see them working together and id also like to know how it should reveal the location.

Posted Jun 26, 2020
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  3. Hey!

Thanks for your response! I totally understand your concerns and where you are coming from. I actually did not notice this mistake, so thanks for notifying me about it. Instead of Blindness, we could change the effect to Slowness, and the method to reveal the players location, is similar Wither Assault's ability, Human Finder 3000. If you would like to edit the thread in any way, please let me know and I'll do whatever changes necessary to suit your needs!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 26, 2020
  4. Hey dude.
    Interesting idea, but I have one question. Why would a Hider want to know another Hider's location? Also, the kits Block Hunt already have are kinda sorta balanced *cough cough Taser cough cough. Anyway, because the kits we already have are pretty cool, I don't really see a need for this kit.

Posted Jun 27, 2020
    Paladise and mab8400 like this.
  5. This seems like a really cool idea, but I don't think it would work well in block hunt. Mainly for the reasons SpyNinja said, and showing a hiders location is way too overpowered. Having the radar kit for the hunters seems good enough. Also, the blindness part looks like the Instant Hider kit where you get 3 smoke bombs and blind the hunters around. In general, I don't think this should be a kit and I'd rather see some gameplay fixes regards to cheats/ghosting in block hunt.

Posted Jun 28, 2020
  6. Hello!
    While this idea sounds interesting I don't think it would work out a lot. We already have enough kits in my opinion and this is a bit of a mix for me.

Posted Jun 28, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  7. Let me rephrase that. The Hider selects which player's location he would like to reveal, and whichever one he picks, will reveal themselves to the Hider, not theirselves.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 28, 2020
  8. This doesn’t make sense. BlockHunt is a team game where the hunters work together to find hiders and hiders work together to kill hunters/defend themselves.

Posted Jun 28, 2020
    SpyNinja__ and Grant138 like this.
  9. This is a very interesting kit that I have mix feelings towards. I enjoy Block Hunt, especially when it comes to doing my missions for them! The kit is based off going against your teammates and exposing them to be killed by the Hunter. In result them as a Hunter have a better chance to kill you as well since you added more people to the Hunter side. I see Block Hunt, as stated above, a team game. The game has already a wide variety of kits to choose from, but they do not go against their teammates as it defeats the purpose of winning. ​

Good luck with the new kit, sadly my score would result in a -1!
    <3

Posted Jun 29, 2020
  10. Hey!

Before I begin, I commend the creativity in this idea, and it seems very interesting. With that said, I sadly disagree for a few reasons.

In the beginning, this kit may be hard to develop, and that raises some questions like one that I had initially, which was: How would this specifically reveal where the hider is? Would it be like a particle arrow that's shown in Wither Assault? If not, what sort of idea do you have to specifically reveal the Hider because this could be a very tough bridge to cross. However, as you've answered this question, my second point is simple; is it worth it? I understand the use of this kit, but they could still clearly go after you, and if I'm reading this correctly, the hunter could take you out, and also use the particle to find someone else. It doesn't seem like it would benefit you or your team in many ways. The second question is: Is it worth the development time? As I will mention below, Block Hunt has many kits with many varieties. It fills a lot of needs, and I personally don't see much need for an addition. So, is it worth the extensive development time of the developers if Block Hunt already has a wide variety of kits that do a very good job?

On that note, there are many kits used in Block Hunt as a Hider. Swapper allows you to simply, swap, many times throughout the game. Instant allows you to instantly hide without the timer, as well as give you some ink sacs to blind the Hunters and run. Shocking gives your axe a shocking ability to make PVPing the Hunters a lot easier without a Hyper Axe. And Infestor allows you to become a slime and infest many blocks. With that said, these kits cover a wide variety of playstyles: Stay at home, if you like to hide and stay hidden, you have Swapper and Infestor. If you like to tease a bit and fight, you have Instant, and if you like to full-out fight the Hunters you have shocking. While these playstyles may be used in other kits, I personally full-out fight with the Instant Hider kit, the kits all serve for a variety of playstyles. This idea your suggesting sort of does that, but not in a great way. Block Hunt is a team game, you're working as a team to hide and win. This kit is basically the Traitor kit in Death Tag. It turns you against your teammates in a clearly defined team gamemode.

Because of those points, and points players mentioned above, I am personally against this idea. I love what you're going for and I love how unique and thought out it is, but I don't think it fits in this gamemode.

Have a good day!

Posted Jul 1, 2020