• 937 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11950 Players Online
  • 11013 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Brazilian servers

Discussion in 'Help' started by BielzinhoziK, Feb 23, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You could create Brazilian servers, so Brazilian players don't have lag and everything. I am willing to help the Brazilian servers in some way. Can I help ban hackers and etc.

Posted Feb 23, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.
  2. Mineplex previously had servers dedicated to both Europe, and Australian users. However, both of the servers shut down because of unpopularity, so I don't think that they would open a Brazilian dedicated server. As for wanting to punish rule breakers, you can apply for trainee at www.mineplex.com/applications, however, punishing rule breakers is only one of many duties of a staff member. For more information visit www.mineplex.com/bat2.

Posted Feb 23, 2021
    Jylie likes this.
  3. Hey!

@Vytas has given you a fabulous response. In the past, Mineplex did have a European and Australian server. Due to complications and unpopularity, both were shut down and everyone is located on one server.

I do have some recommendations on how to deal with lag though, as someone who has a typically unstable connection due to my location in Europe. I stated them in another thread, found here, but I'll list them below too:

➳ If you can, try getting an ethernet cable. It's faster than wireless and will allow better connections and reduce ping.​
    ➥ If you're stuck with wireless, try moving the device you're playing on closer to the router. The farther away the device is to the router, the weaker the signal would be​
    ➥ Test if you're having this on other servers. If you do get lag on other servers, you might need to upgrade your internet by talking to your ISP. [Credit to @SylomerIsTaken]​
    ➳ Something I found online is a suggestion to "flush your DNS", it gets crowded and should be cleared regularly otherwise it will affect your performance overall and increase ping and lag.​
    ➥ To do this click the Windows key + R at the same time and when the programme "Run" comes up, type in "cmd" and click enter. Something called a "command prompt" will open where you should type "ipconfig /flushdns" and press ENTER. As suggested by this guideline, this would be more appropriate for Windows 10 edition on Bedrock. Some of these suggestions may not be applicable to you otherwise depending on your device as a bedrock user.
    ➳ Adding more Ram to your Minecraft in the JVM Arguments Section.

✰ You do this by clicking on the Installations Section before launching Minecraft.
    ✰ Clicking on your current Minecraft Version Profile, and selecting more options.
    ✰ Once there, you can input a JVM argument to allocate ram to your Minecraft.
    [​IMG]
    (Up the number to allocate more RAM, eg. Change that 4G to 6G. I believe the default is 2G.)

✰ Now, in regards to wanting to ban hackers and helping us with that situation!

To be able to ban hackers, you have to be a member of our staff team. Our application for Java is at this link, but if you're bedrock, you can check it out here. Before doing so, please read our Guide and Second Guide for detailed information and assistance.

Trainee requires more work than banning hackers, though it is part of their duty during the trial to submit SRs and become knowledgeable in punishments according to our rules. Detailed information about the position, and other subteams, can be found on this Google Document, available to the public. This trial will last 9 weeks where many factors and skills will be assessed. At the end of the trial, you may be promoted to mod based on how you performed.

If you are still interested and are qualified for the role, I wish you the absolute best of luck in applying!

(Edited to be more accurate to bedrock)

Concern Addressed ➭ Thread Locked
    ☾ Feel free to DM me with any other questions. ☽

Posted Feb 23, 2021,
    Last edited Feb 23, 2021
    dcdb and Amg like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.