• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5075 Players Online
  • 5075 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Brawler Kit Buff

Discussion in 'Survival Games' started by Aaron., Aug 27, 2020.

?

What do you think of this buff?

Poll closed Sep 3, 2020.
  1. Great idea and it's well-balanced.

12.5%
  2. Great idea but needs tweaks/balances.

75.0%
  3. Not interested in the idea.

12.5%
  1. Good afternoon!

During the last update, Brawler received a very odd nerf that didn't make sense to me. Why was Brawler's knockback reduced to a 15% bonus from 25%? Sadly, I wasn't part of GI at the time nor was I in the discord so I don't know this answer but as a result it made Brawler an even more unpopular kit. Having a knockback bonus is important because we all meet those players in Survival Games that are a stationary boulder and practically impossible to move most of the time. The following is a buff to Brawler to put it on par with kits like Knight which are perfectly balanced.

Brawler Definition: A person who engages in rough fights.

Brawler
    - Grants the passive Sturdy. Take -25% knockback from enemies and deal +25% knockback to them. Reverted back to a 25% bonus, it's essential for this kit.
    - Grants the ability Ground Pound. Right-click your sword/axe to knock all players within 4 blocks of you upwards. 12s cooldown. Closer enemy is to you the more they are knocked away by Ground Pound.
    - Grants the kill effect Brute Force. Getting a kill temporarily increase your Sturdy bonus to 50% for 4s.

Feedback is appreciated! What do you think of the buff? Good or bad? Does it need tweaks? If you vote "Not interested in the idea" comment why or your vote will be disregarded.

Posted Aug 27, 2020
  2. Kill effect seems like something that would cause unstoppable rampages, I dunno. Fifty percent less knockback is a lot.

Posted Aug 29, 2020
  3. I've already decided to remove kill effects from all current kit ideas.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 29, 2020
  4. Kill effects aren’t bad as an idea, you just can’t couple them with huge buffs at the same time. If you said keep the 15% knockback stats, but add Brute Force, I might be for it, for example.

Posted Aug 29, 2020
  5. Kill Effects aren't such a good idea because of Survival Games Teams. In a 2v2 if one player on a duo dies then it's a 2v1 which is already a disadvantage. If they were to additionally get a kill effect then it'd only make things worse. For this reason kill effects are better off not in the game. They work for Solos, but not Teams.

OP OP
  6. That’s a good point. I could maybe see them working if they were set behind a certain amount of hp. Kill effect only activates at 50%, 20%, or 33% health, for example. But of course the teams point still applies. It’s not really worth discussing until all the kits are at a relative balance in my opinion.

Posted Aug 29, 2020
  7. Exactly, I've scrapped the idea.

OP OP
  8. I could take or leave a revert on the kb modifier for brawler. I thought it was fine before and I still don't really see it as underpowered now. Also yeah scrapping the kill effect seems like a good idea, it would be annoying for duos and is overall an unnecessary addition to the kit imo.

Posted Aug 29, 2020
    Aaron. likes this.
  9. It really feels minimal currently, thats all.

OP OP