• 1221 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5148 Players Online
  • 3927 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Survey Brain or Heart

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by _Prof_, Feb 16, 2020.

1. If you were forced to choose, would you never use your brain or heart again?

Personally, I would elect to not use my heart again. Sure, I will be all gloomy or even emotionless but in my opinion, that is much better than acting like a fool in the case of not having a brain. Three of my hobbies, video games, ice hockey, and reading all involves brain power so with the lack of a noggin, there would be no reason for me to live. Even if I did have a heart, I still could not enjoy what I love so depression will still be present either way.

Posted Feb 16, 2020
    510bike and PewDiePizza like this.
  2. This is quite a difficult choice.

Both are essential to human life.....but if we aren't talking technically, then I would choose to keep my brain. Although I, myself, may not be the kindest person without a heart, I would at least be logical. I would know facts, and eventually regrow my microscopic heart.

Posted Feb 16, 2020
  3. I would prefer to keep my brain. I don't have the best heart sometimes and I feel like my brain would be more useful to me.

Posted Feb 17, 2020
    _Prof_ and 510bike like this.
  4. Well if you look at it technically (hehe), the brain is responsible for controlling emotions along with thought, judgement, creativity, etc. in that case I’d have to choose the brain since the heart doesn’t control any of that, but, you couldn’t live without either.

Of course, the question is asking from a figurative point (heart is equivalent to emotion/love, brain is equal to thought/logic)... but I think I would still have to go with brain. Of course, love and emotions are extremely important. It would be very hard to live without them, but thought and logic are also vital. I think the brain is more important in this case, because I feel like it would be needed just to function in everyday life. You may have a hard time socially, but at least you’d be able to think.

Posted Feb 17, 2020
    _Prof_ likes this.
  5. Yeah I would definitely choose my brain, I would most likely want the ability to have logic, reasoning, and a thought process. Since in this instances my heart controls emotion I don't need it because I'm sometimes a worry wart in certain situations. So the ability to not feel any emotion would help with some weaknesses of my personality.

Posted Feb 17, 2020
    _Prof_ likes this.
  6. Well, you really cannot live without a brain since it pumps oxygenated blood to all the tissue throughout the body. Because of that, I'd probably say my heart even though they are both essential.

Posted Feb 17, 2020
  7. Hey!

Obviously, I'm answering this figuratively and not from an anatomical perspective as if I was I doubt I'd be able to function properly either way. Although, in this case, I'd opt to keep my brain and discard my heart. As others have said, the brain is the gateway to thought, decision-making and memory, and these are vital to me. Not just as human instincts, but as an individual these are what I need to thrive and shapes my personality. I may not express emotion as a normal person does, yes, but at least I'll have some individuality with these skills.

If I lost my memory, then my heart wouldn't have anything to work with plus it would take a long time to build it back up again. Decision-making and critical thinking are also key concepts to surviving in this world whereas you could be a sensitive person who wears their heart on their sleeve with none of these things, and, well, end up six feet under. Not to be hyperbolic or anything, just overall, the brain overrules the heart. I'd rather be able to think my way out of a situation rather than being guided by my heart, which many say leads to impulsive decisions.

This survey is quite different to those I've seen and I'd like to see more along the lines of this ;)

Posted Feb 17, 2020