• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Bowspamming

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by Liftsy, Oct 6, 2018.

?

Is Bowspamming Too OP?

1. Yes

2. Sometimes

3. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PapiKirito

PapiKirito

Not an issue. To be honest I even think archer got nerfed too much last time. Anyone who uses the kit right now is either new to the game or memeing. I hardly see any players actually bow spam anymore, and when I do, it's usually someone who doesn't even know how to sprint. Aside from how non-existent this problem is, builder kit (or just deploy platforms) and epearls are both there for you to use.

Posted Oct 11, 2018
  2. Liftsy

Liftsy

I feel as though 2 in 3 games have a bowspammer.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 11, 2018
  3. KingValentyne

KingValentyne

I don't feel that arrows are too cheap, using your bow could be an effective gameplay advantage. You can easily use the bow-spamming play style. You have blocks and in the later game you have enderpearls you can use to get closer. You just need to know how to outmaneuver your opponent. Overall the arrow price is fine, you just have to take a different approach to getting the kill if you know they will resort to the bow.
    --- Post updated ---
    They have to give the respawning player a way to defend themselves if the attack is camping spawn.

Posted Oct 19, 2018,
    Last edited Oct 20, 2018
  4. millsmolls

millsmolls

I honestly don’t think bowspamming is too OP. It’s just kind of annoying. Realistically it doesn’t do a lot of damage compared to other weapons, also, there are ways you can defend yourself, in my opinion I don’t think it’s OP, it can just be an annoying concept of combat.

Posted Oct 25, 2018
  5. Liftsy

Liftsy

Someone please close this thread!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 25, 2018
    l5x likes this.
  6. l5x

l5x

Hi,

In any game mode, bow spamming is perfectly acceptable. Personally, there are times I despise bow spamming, but you just have to suck it up because it's perfectly fair and there are countless ways to counter it. Now if we're talking about Cake Wars, that's a whole different story; bows and arrows are very expensive, especially in early game. You can easily counter a bow-spammer by building a stair case upwards and towards the bow-spammer using blocks and platforms, that's the easiest counter. You could also just use an enderpearl? If they have that many arrows, it should be roughly, "late game" and therefore getting enderpearls shouldn't be a struggle.

In conclusion, I strongly disagree that bow spamming is too op because there are numerous counters to it, and it's just another fighting style (like strafing, w-tapping, Frostling snowballs etc.)

Posted Oct 25, 2018
  7. ppancake

ppancake

Bow spamming isn't OP, it's just shooting somebody with your bow a lot. Additionally, 50 bricks is waay too expensive

Posted Oct 25, 2018
    l5x likes this.
  8. PhoneCord

PhoneCord

I don't think Bow spamming at all is an issue. The main issue with Cake wars is spawn camping and that is allowed because of the fact that it's fighting and it's part of the game. Bow spamming isn't OP or unfair. Anyone can do it and it's can get annoying but just waste their arrows till they are out. Simple.

Posted Oct 25, 2018
  9. Augend

Augend

Yo,

Seeing as the OP requested the thread to be locked, I will be doing so. My thoughts on bowspamming are that it's extremely hard to get the number of resources early game to be able to bowspam and it's extremely easy to avoid. (Building 2 high blocks, changing your strafe pattern, always looking around when you're going to cross a bridge) There definitely should be some changes to Archer Kit because right now it's not viable in the current meta and gets used a lot less than the other kits. Archer kit isn't the problem in bowspamming, a "bowspammer" will find a way to get their arrows and bow regardless of which kit they play.

Thread Locked ~ OP Requested

Posted Oct 25, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.