• 1341 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10597 Players Online
  • 9256 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Bow Boosting and Teaming

Discussion in 'Death Tag' started by Tavleen007, Jul 13, 2020.

?

Should bow boosting and teaming be banned?

1. Ban bow boosting only

12.7%
  2. Ban teaming only

29.1%
  3. Ban bow boosting and teaming

43.6%
  4. Neither

14.5%
  1. bro i told u its not bannable stop questioning me

Posted Sep 9, 2020
  2. ah right, good logic, very amusing.
    gg

Posted Sep 9, 2020
    GAM and elijahwho like this.
  3. what? i played this for 5 years and u come out of nowhere and tell me its bannable, go ask a staff abt it then ffs

Posted Sep 9, 2020
  4. Maybe I'll try death tag again one day if it is a bunch of randoms

Posted Sep 9, 2020
  5. hm sounds good, i've never heard of a game where cross teaming isnt bannable, unless it's rampant. :squint::willy:

Posted Sep 9, 2020
  6. Also in death tag cross teaming isnt bannable lmao. Ew I just agreed with divve

Posted Sep 9, 2020
  7. ill ask a staff for you, will send a screenshot here when i get response

Posted Sep 9, 2020,
    Last edited by a Moderator Sep 12, 2020
  8. bow boosting works differently in mineplex, in vanilla minecraft it boosts you weakly in a random direction
    crossteaming isn’t bannable on dt

Posted Sep 9, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  9. I would like to clarify in this portion what Mineplex.com/rules actually states:

Notice how it explicitly states "creating a team in a game with more than 2 teams". Since Death Tag (and many other gamemodes) only have 2 teams, cross-teaming nor teaming (since it only applies in Solo gamemodes) applies.

I would prefer not to ban teaming especially since the only lobbies created are by friends who team up. Banning teaming will only lead to fewer lobbies. The most direct issue to combat the issue with teaming is to simply have a bigger playerbase for Death Tag, since many of the game alterations / ideas to combat teaming that I have forwarded to GI have been denied.

Posted Sep 9, 2020
    Susie and Zyta (Zayta) like this.
  10. Ah, thanks for clarifying.

Posted Sep 9, 2020
  11. Cross teaming is legit not punishable. So, yes, you can farm wins by teaming with everyone in the lobby. It's really just a mineplex kind of thing to do. It should've never been a thing in the first place so everyone could get used to not teaming.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 9, 2020,
    Last edited Sep 10, 2020
  12. To further elaborate on my previous reply:

Yeah Death Tag only has 2 teams but I don't know why that leads to cross-teaming being allowed. (famous server) has this gamemode where 40 people fight 40 other people to steal their wool or something. It's like arguing everyone there could, without breaking the rules or it being unfair, team up on 1 person - 79 v 1 and then when questioned just say there was only 2 teams. I don't know who invented 2 teams = cross-teaming allowed, but it has fostered a community in Death Tag where people feel the need to team with their friends and somehow can't remain friends without teaming up with each other. If cross-teaming was banned from the get-go, this issue would never exist because you'll have a community that still fills lobbies with their friends but the only difference is they don't team in-game.

It can even be argued that cross-teaming killed Death Tag (aside from people getting bored and Mineplex just dying out in general). From a newcomer's perspective the game would just be lame. They would feel powerless because everyone team's with this 1 guy and he has to chase (as a new player, don't forget) a player who has much more experience, alone. This leads to slow-paced games that take 15 minutes to end and people just leave because they get bored. This cycle repeats and repeats again until the community is made up entirely of old players who cross-teamed then, and cross-team now, and then argue that the game will not be cH1LL and fUn without teaming. You then have a game entirely dependent on such a community. Now the game doesn't appeal to the mass audience and you have a game solely dependent on the same community, who has fine-tuned their teaming skills for ages. New players get destroyed. Non-teamers get targeted. Teamers get wins.

Then the age-old teamers get bored of the game, all potential audience (aka the "randoms" who used to try the game - especially in Mineplex where there aren't many new players trying out games so these "randoms" are the same ones who tried the game 2 years ago and now have a bad impression of it) have decided to not play Death Tag and then the game dies, for good. No new players - Death Tag gone forever.

That's how you kill a good game!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 10, 2020
    Anna-Marie, Paladise and SpitefulNick like this.
  13. too bad they dont listen to the actual community of dt, and now the game is already dead.

Posted Sep 10, 2020
    GAM likes this.
  14. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Posted Sep 12, 2020
  15. idk what im doing

Posted Sep 12, 2020
  16. Almost everything tavleen said i agree with 100%. Although i quit dt because of constant hackusaters it was also because of this. I would constantly get teamed on and one of the main reasons is that i was mainly a solo player / i had made enemys with the players people like. Almost any new player that plays dt ends up quitting. Thats why caesers is so respectable. ofcourse he teams with a few people (considering you need too if you wanna play dt) But overall he is able to play solo. I actually played dt yesterday for a bit and it was ok but its still dependent on teaming which is sad.

Posted Sep 12, 2020
  17. cool story bro

Posted Sep 26, 2020
  18. thats very specific

Posted Sep 26, 2020
  19. Thats very specific

Posted Sep 28, 2020,
    Last edited Sep 28, 2020
  20. Everyone has the right to question anybody lol. Especially you because somebody has told me he has evidence of you using xray

Exposed nerd

Posted Oct 4, 2020,
    Last edited Oct 11, 2020
    Anna-Marie likes this.